HWBOT Community Forums

SoF - Core i7 8700K @ 6259MHz - 5sec 928ms SuperPi - 1M

SoF

First quick run on my new 8700K. I only have some old G.Skill memory which can't keep up with the current B-Dies but raw MHZ wise this seems to be the highest 1m clock with a single stage in the 1m 8700k ranking...I'm kinda proud :D

Will use the little spare time during the week for optimizing and making an image of my Win7...was quite difficult to get win7 working and don't want to go through this again.
Then installing new 3D drivers and check for some classic 3D benches and hopefully AM3 as well.

Too bad I still don't have any LN2 source...this chip would really deserve it :/

cheers,
SoF

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

heyyy, yeah it's been a while but after 6 years I needed to come back to check who's still around :)

Good to see you're still here :)

Hope I can join some classic 2D and 3D benching with this chip despite the lack of LN2 - doesn't look too bad for now.

This chip will almost do 32m but my single stage can't hold it long enough (or voltages were just to high, I didn't test much until now)6BkHwgC.png

Was all directly out of the bios within 40-50 minutes - I think there is room for improvement and my cascade is still working as well, so I might be able to get some nice 05 or AM3 as well.

Edited by SoF

27 minutes ago, Don_Dan said:

And how did you manage to get two threads linked to your score? ?

The way of hwbot to celebrate returning members :D.

Gj bro,you are close to what i estimated.

Why you don’t push it in 2c only or just 1 for spi1m ?

5 minutes ago, suzuki said:

The way of hwbot to celebrate returning members :D.

Gj bro,you are close to what i estimated.

Why you don’t push it in 2c only or just 1 for spi1m ?

Yeah I think you have a really good feeling about the 8700k and what are good chips capable off - thanks for that again! I just aimed for your targets and mainly nailed them :D
That dude I bought it from has now put up his 5500 MHZ Prime cpu for 50€ more and I am seriously thinking about a trade-in...that CPU might do ~100MHZ more which is a lot when you don't have any LN2...I'm not even 1 week into benching and already rolling down the money-drain ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TaPaKaH said:

The old German guard is still in action :D

That's either a monstrous SS or a monstrous CPU you got there ... or both :D

SS is not monstrous - week before tested it for -45°C on idle...more like the CPU which was tested for 5400MHZ PRIME on a good watercooling.

@suzuki always benched 3 cores back then first, just gave it a 40 minute shot last week-end after spending ~2 hours getting my win7 working with almost no air pre-testing. Will go for 1 or 2 cores next time.

@mods somehow I can't edit posts correctly (hence the double post) - when I try to edit, it will only allow me to edit the quotes but not my text of the original-post (using latest firefox)...

Edited by SoF

It's a little bug when the post (including a quote) ends with a smiley as I've just noticed ;)

You need to remove the smiley first and then you can edit everything...hey again what learned ;)

If there is no quote, editing seems fine...ah the tiny things...need to get used to the new forum environment ?

Edited by SoF