HWBOT Community Forums

The official GRIFF Old School Cup Round 1 thread.

GRIFF

On 4/12/2019 at 7:59 AM, TerraRaptor said:

@GRIFF, suggestion. Would it be possible to change 9100 to 9550 or 9200/9250 (which are almost 10 times more popular)? We have only 125 subs with 9100 @hwbot, which indicates 9100 is relatevely rare card. Anyway, most likely I won't be benching 3d even if 9550 is allowed but that may become an entry ticket for many other ocers.

@GRIFF

If we want more people to participate , but without altering the basic idea , then the vga limitation should be set as R200 core only.

That option will keep the general vga characteristics but will allow 3 more vga models.

@GeorgeStorm

For stage 1,2,3,4 requirements is:

* ONLY USE PROCESSORS USING SOCKET 370.
* ONLY USE PROCESSORS BASED ON THE COPPERMINE-128 CORE.
* MUST USE AN INTEL CELERON "COPPERMINE" CPU WITH NATIVE 66MHZ FSB.
* MUST USE A SOCKET 370 AND SLOT 1 (WITH ADAPTER) MOTHERBOARD WITH NON-INTEL CHIPSET.
* PLEASE ATTACH A PICTURE OF YOUR OVERCLOCKING RIG.
  • Like 1

For stage 5 requirements is:

* ONLY USE PROCESSORS USING SOCKET 370.
* ONLY MAKE SUBMISSIONS WITH A RADEON 9100 VIDEOCARD.
* ONLY USE PROCESSORS BASED ON THE COPPERMINE-128 CORE.
* MUST USE AN INTEL CELERON "COPPERMINE" CPU WITH NATIVE 66MHZ FSB.
* MUST USE A SOCKET 370 AND SLOT 1 (WITH ADAPTER) MOTHERBOARD WITH NON-INTEL CHIPSET.
* PLEASE ATTACH A PICTURE OF YOUR OVERCLOCKING RIG.

8 hours ago, GRIFF said:

Thanks.

Another question - cpuz calculates the mem frequency wrong way (just +33MHz to fsb, not +PCI as it should be). Should we use this wrong value or refer to the value from setfsb/cpufsb? I.e. 150Mhz fsb +PCI (strap 100 - so mem is actually 200MHz but 183MHz in cpuz) is higher than 185MHz 1:1 - but if we rely on cpuz, the winner will be 185 1:1.

2 hours ago, TerraRaptor said:

Thanks.

Another question - cpuz calculates the mem frequency wrong way (just +33MHz to fsb, not +PCI as it should be). Should we use this wrong value or refer to the value from setfsb/cpufsb? I.e. 150Mhz fsb +PCI (strap 100 - so mem is actually 200MHz but 183MHz in cpuz) is higher than 185MHz 1:1 - but if we rely on cpuz, the winner will be 185 1:1.

Although I highly doubt anything will be done about it, it might be worth sending the files through to the CPU-Z developers as I imagine there will be a new revision out shortly anyway with the new AMD CPUs on the horizon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congrats to all the participants - these were easy comp points. Also, much respect to skydec, TAGG and Mr. Scott for taking top-3 overall.

Who of you guys will take part in Round 2? I'm in with 7 cpus and A7N8X-E Deluxe (and probably NF7 - not yet modded) - again, no 3D from me.

Hi guys. Congratulations and thaks for all participants. 

2 hours ago, TerraRaptor said:

and A7N8X-E Deluxe (and probably NF7 - not yet modded) - again, no 3D from me.

SDR sdram only motherboard allowed))))