HWBOT Community Forums

The official Cheapaz Chips Season 3 thread.

GeorgeStorm

The contest is running and has submissions.  It's getting late to be imposing rules and requirements.  Let's get them settled and clearly posted somewhere official, please. 

Futuremark system info already does  CPU clock monitoring over the whole run.  The result is visible at the FM link that's already required.  An added monitor might be needed only in the Heaven stage.

I'll re-run my submissions when you're ready.

• Like 2

• Crew

It is still 40 days to go, but we can extend it.

Anyway it was decided to use the graphics score, however for 3D06 this is not possible (unless changing the benchmark ofc)

George can't be as active as he wants too atm, so I stepped in. I already updated the rules and to me its way more easy to implement the same for each benchmark.

Sorry for those that already have a bunch of scores on their pendrive, but we need to get it right to avoid any further debates/discussions

• Thanks 1

• Members

Was my first time setting a comp from scratch so that led to some mistakes.

I didn't bother stating a monitoring tool because I didn't think I needed to as people should just be able to follow the rules, but if people want/need more structure then that's what'll happen. There's no real cost to running hwinfo as far as I'm aware, so may as well make it needed for all submissions, Leeg has just updated the OP.

As Leeg said, I'm sorry for being slow on this, and I've also no issues extending it, @superpatodonaldo mentioned the fact the rules currently don't allow for disabled cores so I've changed that now.

Edited by GeorgeStorm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got a working version of 3d06/ systeminfo for it? Cause i can't get valid files because of old system info and newest one just crashes :(

EDIT: Is that even needed for 06? Because currently only 3/9 seem to fullfill that requirement...

Edited by TAGG

On 5/13/2019 at 1:27 PM, yosarianilives said:

I second this, there's no avx or heavy sse4. Hell cpu is limited to 5 ghz 4c. Only thing I can think of is if you push crazy secondaries going for fast 

Idk one board the vrm burned and the psu popped. The other does 00 if I have any pcie devices plugged in or if you use any of the fan headers. Only thing i reused going from one board to the other was the gpu. :(

• Sad 2

22 hours ago, TAGG said:

Anyone got a working version of 3d06/ systeminfo for it? Cause i can't get valid files because of old system info and newest one just crashes :(

EDIT: Is that even needed for 06? Because currently only 3/9 seem to fullfill that requirement...

Did you try the same version number as used on the scores successfully validated?

2 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:

Did you try the same version number as used on the scores successfully validated?

Not yet, i'm a noob when it comes to 3d so i did as 3dmark told me and used the newest one :D

Will try some more stuff one of these days :D

Edited by TAGG