HWBOT Community Forums

2019 Party in PA- official sign-up thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi folks!

Getting close now!!! Yeeeaaahh baby! 

Just starting to get caught up (and still have a horrendous amount of testing to do). Updated the confirmed/tentative attendee list including who's paid and who hasn't. If you paid and it's not showing as such, please get in touch. 

Hoping we get at least a couple more attendees as were a bit short overall. 

TheMadDutchDude- Come on by! No charge for visitors!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks!

Ohhh oooh....getting close now! Hoping to have time to actually get stuff all ready to go but seems it's always like that for me. hehe

yosarianilives- I'll have a slim you can use.

Also...As we're in the process of selling the house, have to downsize things a bit over here. I'll be bringing some stuff along that I wouldn't mind selling. Atm...thinking 1 or 2 dewars (35L and 20L), a bunch of vgas (1080ti's, gtx680's, 7970's + others), couple fat and slim gpu pots, maybe some nice ddr2 and ddr3.. If anyone's looking for something in particular, let me know and I'll see what I've got. If anyone is seriously interested in my high load cascade (built by NoL), get in touch. I could bring it and you could test it at the party.

PS...if my count is correct, looks like we've only booked 4 rooms? I'll call the hotel to confirm the count and see how much wiggle room they can give me/us (they were expecting 10 :( ).

4 hours ago, aerotracks said:

Hey guys, as I can't pack all the stuff I need on the air plane :D , I have a few loaner requests:

- Screen
- video card for 2d output
- peripherals (mouse & keyboard)
- power cable for PSU
- power strip

Much appreciated if you can help me out!

Already have some of that covered here, packed and ready.
I'm bringing an extra monitor and I'll have a GPU you can use as well, in fact that one will be for sale so you can run it to help demo the GPU to whomever may want it.

Periphials, possible but believe I'll have to use all I'm bringing along but definitely bringing a few extra power cords.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, aerotracks said:

Hey guys, as I can't pack all the stuff I need on the air plane :D , I have a few loaner requests:

- Screen
- video card for 2d output
- peripherals (mouse & keyboard)
- power cable for PSU
- power strip

Much appreciated if you can help me out!

I'll have some extra stuff to bring. I'll have a couple monitors. Mice/KB...Not a bunch of PS2 based, but have extra USB based right now. GPU's are not a problem. 

What PSU are you bringing? I have some extras here. If I can accommodate you: then you'll have more space/weight in your luggage. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/8/2019 at 6:53 PM, funsoul said:

Hi folks!

Ohhh oooh....getting close now! Hoping to have time to actually get stuff all ready to go but seems it's always like that for me. hehe

yosarianilives- I'll have a slim you can use.

Also...As we're in the process of selling the house, have to downsize things a bit over here. I'll be bringing some stuff along that I wouldn't mind selling. Atm...thinking 1 or 2 dewars (35L and 20L), a bunch of vgas (1080ti's, gtx680's, 7970's + others), couple fat and slim gpu pots, maybe some nice ddr2 and ddr3.. If anyone's looking for something in particular, let me know and I'll see what I've got. If anyone is seriously interested in my high load cascade (built by NoL), get in touch. I could bring it and you could test it at the party.

PS...if my count is correct, looks like we've only booked 4 rooms? I'll call the hotel to confirm the count and see how much wiggle room they can give me/us (they were expecting 10 :( ).

SHIT! Thanks for reminding me. I need to book a room. 

What's the details on that Cascade. Tempted. 

I’ll have this stuff available, partial list only. 

DFI LanParty Dark 790FX B

DFI LanParty NF4 Ultra-D

Asus Formula-Z

Asus Formula 990FX(don’t know if it works)

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Rev 3

1080Ti FTW3 w/ EKWB block, extra block, and stock cooler  will only bring if someone wants to buy  

i have a gang of older AMD CPUs I’m bringing as well. More than welcome to test any before purchase. 

5 hours ago, richiec77 said:

SHIT! Thanks for reminding me. I need to book a room. 

What's the details on that Cascade. Tempted. 

heya richiec77! It's been tuned for higher loads. I'll have to double-check with NoL but, iirc, it handles up around 475-500 watts sustained, 550 burst. Stage 2 pulldown, once it grabs (less than a minute from turning it on), is super fast. Idles with no load around -98C, runs load at around -92C.

Moritz/others- I've got extra stuff I could bring along, too if needed.

Edited by funsoul
  • Thanks 1