HWBOT Community Forums

Asus Apex X not starting

Well...it is one of these moments, when you start scratching your head, wondering if there is any reliability left in high end Asus boards.

Some may remember the " USB over current protection " issue I had with my Apex VI.

Well, just for history, board went to Czech Republic ( European Asus service center ) for repair. And guess what ? Asus was unable to repair the board and since there was no invoice available

( was purchased second hand ), returned it to me. NICE !!!

On subject.

Apex X.

Set up with a water loop in order to make some disks with various OS.

Everything stock.

Random I5-8600K and some ddr4 mems.

Upon reboot, lights remain on, but board denies to start.

Long story short, everything checked, changed PSU, changed battery, did a total drain of the board. Nope.

As this was not enough, bios flash back does not work either.

Board dead dry, no insulation applied yet.

Friends, your knowledge and Fantasy is welcome.

Otherwise, it will be the second Asus board going to eBay, as "parts, not working" :(

• Sad 1

Ha,

Yes, the first Apex X died due to the superb 8Pack 2000W garbage psu, that fried it.

Any other component like what Bala ?????

4 X Corsair AX1600i PSU's and 2 X AX1200i PSU's.

What else ?

A quick google search showed hundreds and hundreds of Asus Z370 boards with exactly the same issue.

• Confused 1

Lesson learned :

To have piece of mind, DO NOT BUY second hand Asus boards.

Buy new, with invoice and warranty. Yes, you pay more, but whatever shit comes up, your ass is covered.

Thank God that I own numerous BRAND NEW ultra expensive boards, bought from Amazon.de with warranty of 2 years.

Unless a friendly member comes up with a helpful suggestion, it goes to eBay.

FOR THE LAST TIME.

30 minutes ago, Evasion said:

sorry to hear that... a friend of mine had an ix apex and one day suddenly it showed 00 CPU fine but god knows what happened to MB, apex's having some weird problems for no good reason!

Same here. The ix apex board is nice in general. But i had 2 or 3 of them and all had issues with usb fuses and showed some crazy things after a few cold sessions :D thats why i quit 1151 xoc :)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gigelz said:

Same here. The ix apex board is nice in general. But i had 2 or 3 of them and all had issues with usb fuses and showed some crazy things after a few cold sessions :D thats why i quit 1151 xoc :)

It is getting epidemic, lol :)

This one ( Apex X ) did not even work on cold. Died before that. Under water.

Shame on Asus. Asking 400-500-600 Euros for boards .

In the last three months, I received an Asus Apex VI from Amazon.de, brand new. DOA. Returned, refunded.

A month later, a Rampage VI extreme. DOA. Returned, replaced, working in my daily rig. Thank God good up to now.

WTF is going on ???

• Sad 2