HWBOT Community Forums

Cheapaz Chips 3 - Rules Clarification

Ardamir

12 minutes ago, The_Silver said:

I spent a lot of time finding the drivers and windows to optimize for each bench and in one screen you will have seen my work... that's the reason for my sandbag!!

Rules are rules and all of your 3dmark submission are not valid on their website, sadly, maybe "unregonized processor" is okay so only sky diver is invalid.

Still great effort to see score like that for "regular benchmarking" (= not in competition with that sort of rules).

how about eveyone that HASNT  sandbagged , put their hands up, ??? if you got a good score and the aim is to win or claim a better position in a comp at the  last time you can if you can........ and it is "NOT"... against the rules , been goin on for years !!!!!and not likely to change anytime soon

how many have ' nt ?.... lets see ??? ................any takers ?

Edited by ozzie

21 minutes ago, TheQuentincc said:

Rules are rules and all of your 3dmark submission are not valid on their website, sadly, maybe "unregonized processor" is okay so only sky diver is invalid.

Still great effort to see score like that for "regular benchmarking" (= not in competition with that sort of rules).

VALID must be VALID....PROCESSOR IS NOT RECOGNIZED doesn't sound VALID

rules are rules for everybody

Edited by superpatodonaldo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I mean, I for one am not nearly good enough to have the luxury to think my scores would ever be good enough to hold out submission on. Once I get there I'll let you know.

And Mac - Scotty is right that is a crazy collection of AMD cards... I was most impressed with your use of the powerboards. I have a new model EVGA but couldn't get it to work and chickened out. I know that it was holding me back once I was using the LN2. My memory overclocks on all my submissions were really low.

my opinion is this, ...., like it or not i dont care, if it is not validated properly and gets subbed its either bugged or been cheated some how , and i can give you a prime example of that with one of my subs yrs ago when i first started, but it got validated on cpuz, i knew it wasnt right, impossible score to get on air for a start, and with basic crucial ram , i messaged cpuz and got no reply, it took forever for that to be rejected,  , , all i did at the time was move the mouse back and forth and noticed the speed increase so high , tried it and  it validated,  but it stands 10th now on 5445 mhz (real)

http://valid.x86.fr/hv3zmk

http://valid.x86.fr/top-cpu/414d4420465828746d292d3431333020517561642d436f72652050726f636573736f72

45 minutes ago, superpatodonaldo said:

VALID must be VALID....PROCESSOR IS NOT RECOGNIZED doesn't sound VALID

rules are rules for everybody

I agree with you on that

Also we should have only one forum thread for each competition, for exemple I didn't see the rules linked by macsbeach98 the previous page before today, there is no link with that thread on the main page of the competition which lack some of these rules.

17 minutes ago, TheQuentincc said:

I agree with you on that

Also we should have only one forum thread for each competition, for exemple I didn't see the rules linked by macsbeach98 the previous page before today, there is no link with that thread on the main page of the competition which lack some of these rules.

it is not up to  macsbeach98  , or any other competitor to link rules , moderators set the rules, not the competitors that have to "link " them to anything unless they wish to for their reasons , all competitors have to is this ...: follow the rules made "  by the moderators !!!!!

my position as i see it on this or any other comp is this, theres 3 ways to deal with it

either speak your concerns in the thread usually created prior about the comp for what ever section you wish to go in

abide by the rules set by BOTs mods for what ever the comp / section 

or dont bother competing in it

its quite simple to me  ?!!!! 

Edited by ozzie

Guys you seeriously have anger issues... In the end everyone post they best score so is someone get better score that mean he find good chip and work harden that others. If the Silver have truly made something that against rules i'll be the first to delete his scores. Otherwise cry about submit time and insult other people is really sad to read....

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ozzie said:

anger ??? no anger from me, i was speaking about the  "rules" nothing more, seems you have the meaning of anger and rules confused ?

If someone is out of rules so let moderators do the job. I'm not pointing you directly btw. But read people get mad about sub time and calling other "douchebag" and so... What's the fuck, Can't people wait and behave ?

I'm not a mod, but imho procesor not recognized is forgivable as the screenshot shows enough, main purpose of valid imho is to prevent timekeeping bugs and tess/lod mods. From what I've seen the only score that needed removed was skydiver and it was. May need to have the rankings recalced though as it still shows the silver as having 200 points overall even though the current total would be 150 which would put him in second with mac in first.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, The_Silver said:

I spent a lot of time finding the drivers and windows to optimize for each bench and in one screen you will have seen my work... that's the reason for my sandbag!!

You must've spent a lot of time indeed, did you run out of time on heaven? Your cpu and ram appears to be stock

the thread name "rules clarification" is useless. Please next time set the rules in the proper thread. If you miss the one with the rules you refere to the hwbot rules and you get invalid sub. that's what happend to TheSilver. the rule who forbid the lod and tess is never marked on hwbot competition page.

32 minutes ago, warper said:

the thread name "rules clarification" is useless. Please next time set the rules in the proper thread. If you miss the one with the rules you refere to the hwbot rules and you get invalid sub. that's what happend to TheSilver. the rule who forbid the lod and tess is never marked on hwbot competition page.

Rules are stated clearly on all pages.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GeorgeStorm said:

https://hwbot.org/competition/cheapaz_chips_s3/stage/4564_3dmark_-_sky_diver_(gpu)

Does that page not show the rules for other people? States the score must be valid on 3dmark.com

I mean it lacks these two rules from the auxiliary thread : "Must include a picture of the modded card" and "(thus no LOD and co allowed)".

am i lost or this says system info ver 5.3 ...?

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/36500627?

https://hwbot.org/submission/4168434

https://benchmarks.ul.com/systeminfo

i thought 5.18 was the latest since May 2... unless the mods tell us that for hd5450 it does not matter to have old system info version, most results will not be valid...? :/

Edited by bolc

2 minutes ago, The_Silver said:

there is too much to check for competitions, the basic concept is great but unfortunately wasted by a huge number of rules falling from the sky in the end it is more the best clocker it is the one who can get everything good...

If people would just run bench then we would not need rules around what optimizations are allowed, however people want to tweak so we need to be strict to ensure an even playing field. As for backgrounds and pics of mods done it's about this being a comp and not just comparing scores that have been done, as well as the original point of encouraging people to try modding. I don't know if anyone learned to mod because of the comp this year or not, but I believe some have.

19 minutes ago, The_Silver said:

there is too much to check for competitions, the basic concept is great but unfortunately wasted by a huge number of rules falling from the sky in the end it is more the best clocker it is the one who can get everything good...

So next time ask for a comp without rules.

When one member decided to participate, (s)he accepts the rules.

Too much rules or too restrictive? this is not the right place nor the right time (competition ended) to debate about

Edited by superpatodonaldo