HWBOT Community Forums

Cheapaz Chips 3 - Rules Clarification

Ardamir

8 minutes ago, The_Silver said:

there is too much to check for competitions, the basic concept is great but unfortunately wasted by a huge number of rules falling from the sky in the end it is more the best clocker it is the one who can get everything good...

I don't think any "unfair" rules fall from the sky at the end, I mean to agree with "the scores must be valid on 3dmark.com" you musn't use tweak (at least not these that invalid the submission), for sure it wasn't explicitly written that LOD and others tweak were not allowed but you should have be more careful about it.

Also it's the risk of posting submisson at the last minute, if you posted it before you would have been warned about these and you could have made new submission.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

As for backgrounds and pics of mods done it's about this being a comp and not just comparing scores that have been done, as well as the original point of encouraging people to try modding. I don't know if anyone learned to mod because of the comp this year or not, but I believe some have.

Yes. Definitely for me. This comp was an awesome experience and I learned so much that will be valuable moving forward.

• Like 1

does the competition rules say that the sub should comply with hwbot rules ?

i guess you can have scores valid for a comp but invalid on hwbot hence not making points on hwbot ?

Edited by bolc

10 minutes ago, marco.is.not.80 said:

Yes you did. Go check the latest standings. Congrats to the top 3 - Macsbeach, TheSilver and Superpatodonaldo. 

That ranking may change once again after Mac's current 3dm06 score gets taken down. Depends how many places his next fastest score is from where it is now, if he even has another score submitted.

he deserved it too, good on ya pete, ?, all those cards later, even with the wrong background sub, just a miss coz you were doing challenger as well, easy to miss, only human , we all make mistakes and usually at the wrong time lol, good stuff, you earnt it !!!!!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/7/2019 at 10:23 PM, yosarianilives said:

My only regret is that I didn't have time/couldn't motivate myself to join in this comp. Seems kinda wack to push for an organize this comp then not even participate ?

why not ? you had plenty of time as everyone else did. why dont you just be quiet. you seem to have  lot to say about nothing ive noticed in many threads, for many things, so unless you have the intention, how about zip it for a while ? really, like many on here youre more talk than action !!!

when its ready i would expect , does it really matte to see your name there in 1- 2 -3.or t he the work you put into it to get there that is more satisfyingy ??, for me the latter, for you maybe different

Edited by ozzie

• Crew

K guys seems we have several debatable points here, typical that only after the compo ends people start to report or highlight stuff :)

Press LIKE if we go for light moderation (+reinstating pulled scores)

Press CONFUSED to go for harsh moderation 

My two cents on the matter of the systeminfo:

Newer systeminfo are to counteract issues with Win8/10 and/or support newer hardware/platforms=> since most scores are done on 7 and if there are no real out of whack scores I would leave the moderation as follows:

Score must be validated on FM/UL site and showing no signs of driver tweaking or other funcky stuff like Time meaurement and co

Unrecognised processor and such are linked to a too old Systeminfo version being used,. Question for you all does that impact the score yes or no? What if the score is VALID with an older systeminfo version? As long it has no effect on the score I vote to keep the scores.

If we go light I can re-instate pulled scores but I need a valid screenshot and FM link (via PM)

If one can not live with the above I will moderate all scores and remove for not using the latest systeminfo or not being VALID,. Which would be a shame for such a fun compo. Remember this was Georges first compo, I guess he realises now how the scene works....

Give me heads up how to tackle this, only inputs from competitors plz... spectators don't count ?

Press LIKE if we go for light moderation (+reinstating pulled scores)

Press CONFUSED to go for harsh moderation 

Edited by Leeghoofd
typppos
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Members

Thanks @Leeghoofd

Mixture of not having any time at the moment and not being super familiar with more recent 3dmark validation has resulted in this confusion.

I just took valid to be all good, whereas it looks like you can get a valid score with an older systeminfo, but that's not valid according to hwbot rules which I missed.

I'm happy going with whatever those who took part would rather, lenient or strict moderation. LOD/drive settings changed are a no, but letting processor not recognised, unverified driver etc pass is fine with me, although in general I would say in the future, if a comp says a valid link is required, make sure your link says valid to avoid as many issues as possible.

Honestly people need to get a damn grip and stop trying to get a backhanded advantage over their competitors. We all know that "processor not recognized" or other means bugger all to the score so stop trying to take out higher ranked competitors because of this.

This sort of pointless bickering is what's ruining an otherwise great website and community. If you guys want this site to continue I suggest you either shape up or take the time to do the work yourself to keep it going.

• Like 2

I like to point out that:

1) sandbagging -> score submitted at the end -> if reported, inevitably after the comp end

I am not against sandbagging nor @The Silver he do a great work; and I didn't realize that @macsbeach98 had a wrong background, also he is a great overclocker and modder :)

2) due to past experience, when I submitted a benchmark @ FM and notice that is not valid (if needed by comp rules) I rework until found the right systeminfo (or solving other issues), to respect the rules.

VALID FM LINK = just VALID

Edited by superpatodonaldo

7 minutes ago, superpatodonaldo said:

I like to point out that:

1) sandbagging -> score submitted at the end -> if reported, inevitably after the comp end

I am not against sandbagging nor @The Silver he do a great work; and I didn't realize that @macsbeach98 had a wrong background, also he is a great overclocker and modder :)

2) due to past experience, when I submitted a benchmark @ FM and notice that is not valid (if needed by comp rules) I rework until found the right systeminfo (or solving other issues), to respect the rules.

VALID FM LINK = just VALID

both the  silver and macsbeach were penalised for it, not following the rules set down

macsbeach won out in the end coz he never gives up, and had the best subs and scores in the end of the comp , its that simple