Jump to content
HWBOT Community Forums
Ardamir

Cheapaz Chips 3 - Rules Clarification

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Press LIKE if we go for light moderation (+reinstating pulled scores)

Press CONFUSED to go for harsh moderation 

 

not gonna read through 20 posts to try to figure out what the majority wants or not 😛  

 

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i thought rules were made by the mods for any comp, if theres any discrepancy of them, theres usually a thread to discuss it beforhand of the comp, not after it

if the rules are flawed for any reason then thats up to the mods to decide, and be changed accordingly, during  or thru the comp, not the competitors that went into it after it , especially after the comp is done and finished

if i am wrong please disregard my post ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that gives me a whole lot of confidence in the rules set by the mods alby, thanx 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

If I follow the rules there won't be much left over from this compo... 

for what I know (or think to know…), a moderator had to follow the rules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

vote if you want to be heard...

I would like this fun compo to be used as a leason learned for upcoming events...

Majority wins....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ozzie said:

why not ? you had plenty of time as everyone else did. why dont you just be quiet. you seem to have  lot to say about nothing ive noticed in many threads, for many things, so unless you have the intention, how about zip it for a while ? really, like many on here youre more talk than action !!!

Lol, I bought a house in the middle of the comp. But sure I wasn't too busy with other things to bench. You go through a home loan in under a month and tell me you have time for anything else. 

 

Perhaps you should consider this before you hit submit on your comments on threads: Will this make me look like an absolute cock?

 

Of couse you've never done that before and are unlikely to start.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On both the Windows 7 and Windows 10 I'm using for Challenger Round 2 Stage VI (AMD CPU+GPU) and Stage III (6-cores only) the latest SystemInfo 5.18.705 crashes out on GPU detection. The previous one, 5.17 is fine. This is on 1090T and every graphics card I've used (HD 3870 X2. HD 7970, R9 280X, RX Vega 56).

As an aside, my 2¢ is  SystemInfo should be pretty recent (especially if it is bugged like I found) and also in the case of 3DMark it should be the most up to date one at the time of the start of the comp or newer if it has been updated in the meantime.

For the wrong background at least macsbeach98 used one which was in circulation more or less concurrently as the Cheapaz Chips one so it sort of serves the intended purpose of the rule but not to the letter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

Lol, I bought a house in the middle of the comp. But sure I wasn't too busy with other things to bench. You go through a home loan in under a month and tell me you have time for anything else. 

 

Perhaps you should consider this before you hit submit on your comments on threads: Will this make me look like an absolute cock?

 

Of couse you've never done that before and are unlikely to start.

thats a pretty silly statement, proves my original point, .... and fyi, 2 houses ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2019 at 6:40 AM, yosarianilives said:

You go through a home loan in under a month and tell me you have time for anything else.

Actually 😉 ... and yes - in under a month believe it or not. My first house, too. BUT... can totally understand not having time, too. Most insane thing I've ever gone through.

Ozzie is still the Ayatollah of Dick. If I ever meet him I'm going to give him a big hug and not let go until he says something nice.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marco.is.not.80 said:

Actually 😉 ... and yes - in under a month believe it or not. My first house, too. BUT... can totally understand not having time, too. Most insane thing I've ever gone through.

Ozzie is still the Ayatollah of Dick. If I ever meet him I'm going to give him a big hug and not let go until he says something nice.

oh marco, stop it, youre making me blush with anticipation 😳

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In hindsight I shouldn't have agreed to do this as it turned out I didn't have any time, and yes I set up some things wrong, and then got things wrong when moderating.

 

Leeg is trying to salvage things, I just did a simple if not valid no good, a lot of people took valid just to mean not lod etc.

I hadn't noticed the system info issues as I assumed 3dmark valid required latest system info again my bad.

If we want to follow the rules as written that's fine, just mean a lot more removed scores I believe, which seems a shame for a fun comp.

This was meant to be a fun comp, and so there can be flexibility, trying to give those who entered some voice, being rude isn't going to help anyone.

 

Edited by GeorgeStorm
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, marco.is.not.80 said:

Ozzie is still the Ayatollah of Dick. If I ever meet him I'm going to give him a big hug and not let go until he says something nice.

His big gun could buckle your hip O.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to macsbeach98 :D

This guy is the undisputed champion of effort overclocking fully deserved. Mr Consistent  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to macsbeach98.  Great job.   It's been a good learning experience for me as I know it has been for others.  Looking forward to a re-run next year.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, GeorgeStorm said:

In hindsight I shouldn't have agreed to do this as it turned out I didn't have any time, and yes I set up some things wrong, and then got things wrong when moderating.

 

Leeg is trying to salvage things, I just did a simple if not valid no good, a lot of people took valid just to mean not lod etc.

I hadn't noticed the system info issues as I assumed 3dmark valid required latest system info again my bad.

If we want to follow the rules as written that's fine, just mean a lot more removed scores I believe, which seems a shame for a fun comp.

This was meant to be a fun comp, and so there can be flexibility, trying to give those who entered some voice, being rude isn't going to help anyone. 

 

without be rude, just to know: Processor is not recognized = VALID?

Btw @macsbeach98 is (was, and probably will be) the top, he deserves the victory

Edited by superpatodonaldo
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pmed The silver whats going on with this... 7700K should be recognised by any 5.xx version...

cleaned up the wrong competion backgrounds, missing CPU-Z tabs and missing FM links

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, GeorgeStorm said:

In hindsight I shouldn't have agreed to do this as it turned out I didn't have any time, and yes I set up some things wrong, and then got things wrong when moderating.

 

Leeg is trying to salvage things, I just did a simple if not valid no good, a lot of people took valid just to mean not lod etc.

I hadn't noticed the system info issues as I assumed 3dmark valid required latest system info again my bad.

If we want to follow the rules as written that's fine, just mean a lot more removed scores I believe, which seems a shame for a fun comp.

This was meant to be a fun comp, and so there can be flexibility, trying to give those who entered some voice, being rude isn't going to help anyone.

 

George I think you done a good job of it seeing as it was your first comp😊

 

Edited by macsbeach98
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

K received the how by The Silver, seems things are gonna stay like the current ranking is. 

Lessons learned for next time for the crew:

  • Add benchmark and systeminfo version to be used to the compo rules
  • Monitoring tool is HWINFO only, showing also the time in the screenshot
  • Moderation from day one and constant follow up required

 

Time to close this chapter

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well done to all, dont worry about it george, you did your best mate, hard job to do thats for sure, up and onwards i say, you did a damn good job ☺️

and for macsbeach,  hes aussie,  a champion bloke, hes tenacious and never gives up, and my friend and my mentor 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...