HWBOT Community Forums

Hello OCers and moderators. @Leeghoofd @Massman @richba5tard

Something is terribly wrong with GPUPI scores. 

Those submissions 
https://hwbot.org/submission/3991289_x_computers.eu_gpupi___1b_4_geforce_rtx_2080_ti_0sec_639ms/

https://hwbot.org/submission/4143713_pijonson_gpupi_v3.3___1b_4_geforce_rtx_2080_ti_0sec_549ms/

are marked as for 4 GPUs - and their not. 

And another problem is with points -  I'm not getting any for my GPUPI 1B submissions. Why?
There's an error when recalculating. 

Competing with 8-10 cards against 4 is somehow not great score. It's cheating. 

https://hwbot.org/submission/3540678_
This submission also violates cards amount and gets Global points for 4 GPUs. 

Delete them or disable its points in 4 GPU competitions.
This really kills competition. 

Peter.

Posted (edited)

I believe the way it works is it's actually a 4+ category.

So it is working as intended so to speak, whether it should work like that is a different kettle of fish.

Edited by GeorgeStorm
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

reported to developer team

Would be great if something would change. 

5 hours ago, GeorgeStorm said:

I believe the way it works is it's actually a 4+ category.

So it is working as intended so to speak, whether it should work like that is a different kettle of fish.

Yes, I see how it works, but I'm sure it shouldn't work like that if HWBOT is meant to be treated as the main OC platform.
If I'm building hardware for 8 days, testing for another 7 and someone just ads cards into server board and get points in 4 cards category than this competition is worthless.

5 hours ago, ADVenturePO said:

Would be great if something would change. 

Yes, I see how it works, but I'm sure it shouldn't work like that if HWBOT is meant to be treated as the main OC platform.
If I'm building hardware for 8 days, testing for another 7 and someone just ads cards into server board and get points in 4 cards category than this competition is worthless.

That's the way it's been since inception though.

You're just bringing this up now?

9 hours ago, Mr.Scott said:

That's the way it's been since inception though.

You're just bringing this up now?

Dear Mr.Scott.
Yes, because I saw this problem two months ago. And ever since I had reported few submissions like that few times, but nothing has changed.

GPUPI reports the correct number of devices, there is no upper limit for the submission. Seems like the bot is not categorizing the (old?) results correctly.

I always thought that these Multi-GPU categories are somewhat off. To have them for one to four cards seems necessary, but otherwise there should be an "all out" category rather than those mostly empty ones in between.

• Like 1

GPUPI seems to have categories for 1-8, 3.3 only 1-4.

Now that the number of cpu core categories has shot up, possible that for GPUPI the number of gpus can be increased as well, or possibly a 1-X and then X+ type category system.

Yes, right but the problem is also in HWBOT rankings-  which moderators should be changed.
Most importantly the Global Ranking should be true -  one gets scores for the amount GPU ranking truly to the amount of GPUs he does have in the machine.
Second thing is that moderators should either get 5 categories : 1, 2, 3, 4 and more than 4 GPUs;  or 1-10 GPUs categories.
But be aware of the fact that the highest amount of cards connected to one motherboard is 17 - Octane Render 4.0 result shows this.

Are the rules to follow, or is HWBOT to unable to enforce rules?

Hello OCers and moderators. 
@Leeghoofd @Massman @richba5tard

@Christian Ney @TheMadDutchDude @Turrican

@k|ngp|n  @H2o vs. Ln2

I have a question:

Are we here for overclocking record breaking, or are we here to promote badly made servers?

It's been 3 weeks since I've made GPUPI submission. I also reported submission: https://hwbot.org/submission/3991289_x_computers.eu_gpupi___1b_4_geforce_rtx_2080_ti_0sec_639ms many times. It's not with overclocking. This ain't as well https://hwbot.org/submission/4143713_pijonson_gpupi_v3.3___1b_4_geforce_rtx_2080_ti_0sec_549ms

Are we playing by the rules or are we playing with no rules - just pure chaos?

Real Overclockers doesn't get point because some companies wanted to show their badly made servers which due to thermals are unable to  even score in GPUPI 32B.

Those scores are not in 4 cards category and they're breaking rules of those submissions!

How this can compete for points in 4 cards category?

a2597b62c3a7b73062646a12cf19c19b_big.jpg

Recalculated ranking?

75ac50201b8ec60f41cedf9f2f077253_big.jpg

And GPUPI 3.3 1B :

258aaade98a413ffd0c90536acf5e6d6_big.jpg

Tell me: what interest do You have to promote those scores?

What stops You from eliminating badly submitted results? Why not delete? 

Do You wan't to be reliable source of information about overclocking?

Or do you want to be a garbage of unfair submissions? 

Do something.  Please. Or, as I think, many submissions which could be made will not be made - due to being not worth of effort. 

Piotr Orkisz

ADVenturePO 

Posted (edited)

Lighten up, remember you are enjoying a free service...

it has been reported to the programmer, there's not much more I can't do... sit out and wait…. and if you have been here long enough it can take a looooooong time

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1