HWBOT Community Forums

Challengers 2019 Round 2 Single core GPU

Leeghoofd

• Crew

2nd round of the Low Level Clock challenge in a few divisions.

• All divisions are processor MHz limited ( no more temp restriction )
  • The used single core GPU also needs to be all the time at positive temps.

• For CPU monitoring use: HWinfo V6.00 or newer  (OHM allowed for AMD legacy stage only)
    HWINFO: LINK

• For GPU monitoring use GPU-Z sensor tab (monitoring during the run)

• Competition background  can be grabbed here

Ensure that the maximum CPU frequency is being monitored (during the run)!!!!

The GPUs need to be used at positive temps (idle and load), monitoring via GPU-Z sensor  MIn GPU temp mus tbe shown in the GPU-Z sensor tab

Div VII : Intel legacy: LGA1150 or older  socket with a max CPU speed of 4503MHz / GPUs up to GTX580 - GPU temps must be positive
Unigine Heaven Basic
3Dmark Vantage 
(FM/UL link required)
Aquamark3
3DMark01 SE

DIV VI: AMD legacy: AM3+, FM1 or older socket with a max CPU speed of  4503MHz / GPUs up to R280X - GPU temps must be positive  (Open Hardsware Monitor also allowed for this stage)
Unigine Heaven Basic
3Dmark Vantage (FM/UL link required)
Aquamark3
3DMark01 SE

DIV V: Dual core only, max CPU speed of  4503MHz - GPU temps must be positive (no Titans, RTX or AMD equivalents)
3DMark Cloud Gate (FM/UL link required)
Unigine Heaven Extreme
3dmark05
3dmark01 SE

DIV IV: Quad core only, max CPU speed of 4503MHz - GPU temps must be positive (no Titans, RTX or AMD equivalents)
3DMark Cloud Gate (FM/UL link required)
Unigine Heaven Extreme
3dmark06 (FM/UL link required)
3dmark03

DIV III: Hexa core only, max CPU speed of 4503MHz - GPU temps must be positive (no Titans, RTX or AMD equivalents)
3DMark Vantage (FM/UL link required)
Unigine Heaven Extreme
3dmark01 SE
3dmark Fire Strike (FM/UL link required)

DIV II: Octa core only, max CPU speed of 4503MHz, - GPU temps must be positive (no Titans, RTX or AMD equivalents)
Unigine Heaven Basic
3dmark06 (FM/UL link required)
3dmark Fire Strike (FM/UL link required)

DIV I:  max CPU speed of 5003MHz (no LGA 3647) - Single GPU only
3DMark11 (FM/UL link required)
Unigine Heaven Basic
3dmark Skydiver (FM/UL link required)

This LLC Challenger round will only work of everybody abides to the speed  therefore a  general warning is already included in this proposal: get caught cheating and it will be instant ban. I don't care bout your current status or Instagram level. Either you play by the rules or you can find something else to do in the upcoming months.

Current round will focus on 3D only, Round 3 will be a mix of 2 and 3D

Example of a valid screenshot:

• no clipping so full res desktop screenie
  • Taskbar fully visible and time
  • CPU-Z for CPU, memory and mainboard tab
  • CPU Maximum frequency during the run, monitored by HWINFO
  • GPU-Z and GPU-Z sensor tab to monitor frequencies of the GPU (and positive minimum temps for Division VII till Div II )

screenshotexample.jpg

Challengersround2.jpg

Edited by Leeghoofd

So I can use the GTX 1080 ti for divisions II thru V,  just change the CPU?  I really expected the allowed GPU to scale with the divisions.

In HWInfo, are Bus clock, System agent clock, CPU usage etc. really required?  Only core clocks are constrained.

The contest pages still require positive CPU temperature and temperatures in HWInfo.

• Crew

well noone replied to my thread regarding the GPU... Hencve why I kept CPU clocks really low to have less impact there, hopefully to override partly the power of the GPU...

For the CPU only speed and cache limit, no temp or other monitoring is required.

Division 1 can go cold on the GPU, other divisions positive GPU temps only!

@Rauf Pro will be up on wednesday the latest

Edited by Leeghoofd

But wouldn't limiting cpu clocks so much mean whoever has or finds the best 1080ti will win Div II, III, IV and V. All you need to do is go to Best Buy and pick up whatever core cpu you're missing and return for full refund. I thought the point of Divisions based on core count was to make it more inclusive and maybe attract some new blood. Don't know how many guys out there chose to build 2 and 4 core rigs with $600 gpu's. Should be like we used to do

2 core w/ GTX xx50 ti or xx60 / RX 570

4 core w/ GTX  xx70  or xx70 ti / RX 590

6 core w/ GTX xx80 / Vega 56 or Vega 64

8 core w/ GTX xx80 ti / Vega 64 or Radeon VII

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GtiJason said:

But wouldn't limiting cpu clocks so much mean whoever has or finds the best 1080ti will win Div II, III, IV and V. All you need to do is go to Best Buy and pick up whatever core cpu you're missing and return for full refund. I thought the point of Divisions based on core count was to make it more inclusive and maybe attract some new blood. Don't know how many guys out there chose to build 2 and 4 core rigs with $600 gpu's. Should be like we used to do

2 core w/ GTX xx50 ti or xx60 / RX 570

4 core w/ GTX  xx70  or xx70 ti / RX 590

6 core w/ GTX xx80 / Vega 56 or Vega 64

8 core w/ GTX xx80 ti / Vega 64 or Radeon VII

why is that so ??? if you have the "best as you stated" youd already have posted with it yes ?, no matter what comp regardless of this one, so it comes back to the "silicone lottery" from what i can see,  if you have a good 1080ti, well all the luck to you, same as the cpu, if you have a good one then go for it, i see this point youre saying as mute, and its not building rigs with a 2 or 4 core , its about a comp to compete in with them as i see it, we all have many and different stuff for whatever, its changed then for whatever we chose to be part of ?

34 minutes ago, ozzie said:

why is that so ??? if you have the "best as you stated" youd already have posted with it yes ?, no matter what comp regardless of this one, so it comes back to the "silicone lottery" from what i can see,  if you have a good 1080ti, well all the luck to you, same as the cpu, if you have a good one then go for it, i see this point youre saying as mute, and its not building rigs with a 2 or 4 core , its about a comp to compete in with them as i see it, we all have many and different stuff for whatever, its changed then for whatever we chose to be part of ?

Why is what so, not sure what you are getting at. This has nothing to do about me, I almost never post my results to hwbot anymore. All I'm saying is I'd have a hard time convincing someone new to participate in competitive OC if they have current hardware but low to mid-range. The problem I see is 4 divisions are essentially the same and require a 1080 ti to win. Sure a lot of people bought up 1080 ti stock until it dried up but I'd imagine only a tiny percentage of them were not mid twenties and younger due to price. I mean if what we are trying to accomplish does not include growing our already shrinking community then by all means 1080 ti's for all but Pro Div's, but the way I've seen competitive OC trending toward in the last 5 years or so we can't afford to give anyone a reason to opt out solely because a $450++ gpu is essentially required to  be competitive can we ?

Edited by GtiJason
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GtiJason said:

But wouldn't limiting cpu clocks so much mean whoever has or finds the best 1080ti will win Div II, III, IV and V. All you need to do is go to Best Buy and pick up whatever core cpu you're missing and return for full refund.

i thought it was pretty clear, obviously not, what i meant

• Crew

Well you can reverse the reasoning, if you want to participate in multiple divisions , you must have 4-5 cards 

Something that one can't rule out in open competitions is that if you want to win you will always need the top card. 

The way I look at it anyone can chime in now, besides the Titan and RTX owners ( they have Div 1 to go for)

Don't forget the CPU limitation might be a bottleneck on some benches, also some benches require good old XP to be efficient,.. not everybody has an ACPI compliant bios,...

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Thanks 1