HWBOT Community Forums

Seller failing to refund after DOA

Noxinite

5 hours ago, Splave said:

lets not act like the modding of the cpu is really modding, its covering some pins on it. if anything it will kill the mobo not the cpu. 

regardless modding the cpu wont make the bottom half of the die crack :P 

Packaging is bad like alex stated. Put the cpu in clam shell then put the ihs by itself wrapped in something. keep them separate. 

2 hours ago, GtiJason said:

This is really the most important part imo

agree. i sold my 7700k to @Achill3uS and my 8700k to @koda and everything arrived in good shape. bought 100 clampshells over aliexpress for a few bucks especially for deals like that. it is important to ship them serperate. the DIE in the video looks like it had a date with an angle grinder...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If i were you i would glue the cpu back and try some intel rma. The seller made it clear he couldn't give 2 cents about you or your troubles, he knows he won't get anything from mail company and he couldn't care less.   

Getting away with stupid excuses like he had a lot of work, that's bs with capital letters, you work too much to not give away 5 minutes per day to try and solve a big issue for someone that shares the same hobby as you do and it is also your fault in first case? 

But, again, this is hwbot marketplace and scammers can get away, there were worser cases on the road.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

^^^^^^^^^

To the OP.

@Noxinite , what Alex says so straight forward is the absolute truth. Either we all like it or not.

Dimastech scam was one of the most severe cases, that affected quite a few members here and people lost thousands and thousands of Euros from a supposed " reputable company "

Mate, you have to move on. This is not eBay and definitely, since the last resort of protection ( PayPal ) was mistakenly not used from your side, you have two options -

1) Give it a shot with Intel and see if you can pass an RMA request.

2) If it fails, consider the whole case a lesson that cost you 500 Euros. And take appropriate precaution if and when you buy something else here.

The HWBOT market place has some basic rules, but no power to intervene when a transaction goes south.

Basically, till a few years back, members ethics were at a lot higher level.

Good luck to whatever you decide to do. I am sorry for your mishap mate :(

Edited by Fasttrack
  • Like 1

That was the next port of call. I needed to keep the CPU for any potential claims, but seeing as that clearly won't happen I have no reason to not try RMA.

Edit: realised there is no point trying to RMA as there is solder on the CPU.

Lessons have definitely been learned.

Edited by Noxinite

On 5/21/2019 at 11:49 AM, Fasttrack said:

^^^^^^^^^

To the OP.

@Noxinite , what Alex says so straight forward is the absolute truth. Either we all like it or not.

Dimastech scam was one of the most severe cases, that affected quite a few members here and people lost thousands and thousands of Euros from a supposed " reputable company "

Mate, you have to move on. This is not eBay and definitely, since the last resort of protection ( PayPal ) was mistakenly not used from your side, you have two options -

1) Give it a shot with Intel and see if you can pass an RMA request.

2) If it fails, consider the whole case a lesson that cost you 500 Euros. And take appropriate precaution if and when you buy something else here.

The HWBOT market place has some basic rules, but no power to intervene when a transaction goes south.

Basically, till a few years back, members ethics were at a lot higher level.

Good luck to whatever you decide to do. I am sorry for your mishap mate :(

on some forums they'd get banned for this

^^^^^^^^

110% agree.

More cases surface frequently, and I am starting to get the feeling that we are facing a rapid degradation of members ethics and honesty.

I have personally suffered losses of almost 3000 Euros, but ( maybe mistakenly ), did not make them public in the forums.

Some were fixed thru PayPal, but the vast majority was written off.

I will take the liberty here to tell to all the scammers ( cheaters, thieves ), that if their value in life is measured with a few hundred bucks, then so be it.  

Noxinite,

My close family friend, "Uncle Guido" specializes in solving complex recovery problems like the one you are having. He really has the gift of negotiation and helping others find common ground where they might have failed to notice in the past. Let me know if you are interested. ?

Marco

PS: He doesn't speak French but has had a lot of success using Google Translator on his mobile. Like others have said - thanks for taking the time to warn people about this.

Edited by marco.is.not.80
added thank you
  • Like 1

marco , i really had a laugh at this, no disrespect, this type of person doesnt care about negotiating, or mediation, they do it for a reason, and that is to "decieve" people, and this obviously isnt the first time its happened, and as far as google translate goes, lol, well good luck there, that doesnt or wont change people like this  and the mind set they have  to " do the right thing "

Ozzie, I was being sarcastic... "Uncle Guido" - an Italian guy - who solves complex problems (by putting your head in a vice) and helps you see a different perspective (like what it's like to breath underwater), etc. Doesn't speak French but uses Google Translator (e.g. "Ok Google - how do you say I'm going to melt your face off with a blow torch in Francais?")...

But yes, it's also just as funny to think it wasn't sarcastic...  ?

Marco

PS: I also agree with you - rip off artists aren't interested in doing anything close to moral or making the right choice.

Edited by marco.is.not.80
because I always forget to say one last thing...
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/29/2019 at 1:15 PM, bolc said:

Did you get to a positive end?

If not you may want to spam there ;)

Nope, not even a reply to PMs.

What's also irritating is that he is supported by vendors and posts about such on Facebook.

I will continue to post links on his content until he actually bothers to sort this out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Crew

Final word:

There are far too many "maybes" in this story from my point of view:

Maybe the CPU was indeed shipped Dead

Maybe it got damaged during shipping due to bad packaging (hence why I always take pictures of it)

No clue how this parcel company treats their packages, but the way it ended up on Nocinite's doorstep is an utter shame! Now is that the french parcel company that did the damage or the one in the country of arrival...

Maybe not have been a bad idea to have tested the CPU first without modding it

and the list goes on....

Well everybody will take sides, but neither I nor HWBot can actually determine who's too  blame for this crappy situation. Due to the reasons listed above.

Interesting to see some people taking sides and decisions while they themselves also have been involved in similar matters, doing the exact same thing....

In fact there are no winners in this matter, Let us take a few examples: 

• Seller ships maybe a perfectly fine CPU, but end ups DOA, Buyer wants his money back. Seller looses
  • The seller deliberately ships a dead CPU, taking the risk of loosing all credibility and even vendor support, not wanting to do a refund: Seller and buyer loose
  • The buyer gets a dead CPU, no refund arrangement,: Buyer looses, seller gets banned from his fav website
  • Seller does a partial refund, while knowing he shipped a perfectly fine CPU: Seller and Buyer loose
  • Seller sells a perfectly fine CPU, Buyer thrashes it but gets full refund: Seller looses

I think we all had our ordeals already buying used parts, nothing can ever be warranted especially in this niche hobby of ours... never use Paypal friends if ever you want to have sort of backup in case problems arise

Edited by Leeghoofd

Obviously you are correct on some of those points and I have said as much in some of my posts in this thread - where I have made an effort to detail exactly has happened (including my mistakes).

Also, I never called for him to be banned. Obviously the best solution at this point for me would be for us to reach some kind of agreement and finally put this to rest. Failing that I feel that it is reasonable to post links to this thread around the forum - so that people can read this and decided themselves if they wish to do business with him.

Following on from that, I do not understand why my posts are being removed from him threads? Surely people should be made aware of previous actions of the seller? Even if we ignore the outcome of this sale, it doesn't change the fact that any communication from him was god-awful and was always "wait a few more days" (it never contained any details or information on how the situation could be solved).