HWBOT Community Forums

[Interest] New Fast Pot from BartX

SparkysAdventure

Hello, I am looking for interest to buy a fast pot from BartX. They can be made for direct die AND non-direct die, and should be compatible with KPC Venom mounting and top.

He is looking for $200 for the base, ~$25 for a direct die IHS, and ~$40 for shipping to US. Should be less for shipping within Europe. Hoping at least 5 people will be ready to buy before he makes them.

See this Facebook post for what he is basing the design on:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1492320834215163&id=100003117810521

I believe it should also be similar to RULE's pot. I'm looking into what a base Venom top+mounting kit would cost as well.

Edited by AutisticChris

• Crew

Direct die is that still done with 9900K ? I fear you will invest in old tech, plus you need parts from another manufacturer...

Why not buy a T-REX from kingpin or go for a 2nd hand Venom pot....

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Thanks 2

He can easily modify your current venom. But TBH i would not go for direct die at all, too risky for minimal potential gain. Find better chip + TRex the way to go like Alby says. Luumi also shared on facebook, he reached few mhz more on 7350k with TRex compated to direct die setup. I dont need better proof.

Btw why this is not in wanted section?

Edited by Achill3uS

I don't know what Luumi smoked but i have yet to see a difference between few different pots regarding maximum mhz on 4-6-8 core, not even to speak of 7350K which is dual core. Direct die gains make sense, you are removing one layer of thermal resistance between die and pot base, no surprise.. Sure, move to 10+ core and the gains can be seen, control is way better, easier benching life. However i would bet a hefty amount of money that if we could run 28-core at full-pot let's say, the pot with biggest mass will not win, rather than a mix of decent mass but LOTS of contact surface with ln2.  

As Alex said.

8700K from normal delidded mount (different pots and pastes btw) to direct die gained about 60MHz on R15 and other heavy 2D.

Also the direct die combo that works for 8700K wont work on 9900K unless the IHS bracket has different height as the die of the 9900K is taller/thicker. Either way, I wouldn't suggest delidding a 9900K to run it direct die. :)

• Confused 1

I don't think you guys get it.

It doesn't have to be direct die. It can be built non-direct, just as a normal base.

Just as there are direct and non-direct forms of Allen and Miller's BBDD pots.

Edited by AutisticChris

• 4 months later...