HWBOT Community Forums

BENCHMATE TEST COMPO ver 0.8.1 ONLY

Leeghoofd

• Crew
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:06 AM, _mat_ said:

Let's do this!

I am working on 0.7.2 right now, fixes a few bugs and also has a few improvements. CINEBENCH and Geekbench integration was reworked as well.

Any chance to get Wprime into the bundle Matt, before the 10th?

I'll split it up in INTEL and AMD new and Legacy, or you think we need to do two Intel classes as well?

Edited by Leeghoofd

I have dissected wPrime months ago and decided that it can't be rescued. It's an awful benchmark written in Visual Basic 6 with so many flaws, that it would be easier to just write a new benchmark. I recommend to let this one rest in peace.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Pifast itself is very easy to rescue and I will support it in the long run. Due to the missing user interface (it's executed/configured by a batch file), there is some extra work to do there to make it safe. Or just build a GUI because why not? But that won't happen until the 10th.

I'd recommend one of the benchmarks that are currently supported.

With BenchMate 0.8 there will be some additional benchmark categories:

Geekbench 4 - Compute
Cinebench * - CPU (Single Core) <= currently not listed on HWBOT

New version will come asap, it also adds some very important fixes and a brand new timer skew detection.

Edited by _mat_
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Leeghoofd said:

Can we move around the result screen of the benchMate?  Now when taking a screenshot it jumps to a predefined postiion here, so sometimes blocking the CPUz sreens

The concept is to always have BenchMate's verification on the bottom right of the screen. The eye will rely on the fixed position and it's possible to verify the screen faster. So it's better to move around the CPU-Z screens instead.

As for the CPU-Z windows, I know that there will still be a big decision to make here, but I don't think that opening a few CPU-Z screens is a solution at all. If it's really necessary to verify the scores by CPU-Z instead of HWiNFO, we should integrate the CPUID SDK into BenchMate. For now HWiNFO offers the best detection for CPU and GPU in combination for the smallest price. Otherwise we'll need two different SDKs (CPUID and HWiNFO/GPU-Z SDK) to do both and definitely a higher budget to make that happen. Don't forget that we are talking yearly licensing costs here.

We should discuss this in full with the next release, 0.8. It will be the first public release and I will properly announce it here in the forums.

Edited by _mat_
  • Like 1

• Members
2 hours ago, _mat_ said:

I have dissected wPrime months ago and decided that it can't be rescued. It's an awful benchmark written in Visual Basic 6 with so many flaws, that it would be easier to just write a new benchmark. I recommend to let this one rest in peace.

Is the plan to just remove benches which you can't 'secure'?

3 minutes ago, Splave said:

I would love not needing cpuz or gpuz anymore. Imagine all the noobs that just gave up after not having the proper cpuz tabs up and having results blocked.

Then they're no loss to the community of that's enough to out them off? Haha (kinda joking)

So the idea is this would require continual funding?

Just now, GeorgeStorm said:

Is the plan to just remove benches which you can't 'secure'?

The truth is that benchmarks should have been properly analyzed for (at least obvious) attacks and timer reliability issues BEFORE points are given. Testing some systems and discussing the results is simply not enough. The outcome is a very painful decision to remove points of a benchmark too late in the game. That hurts the the bot, its community and competitive benchmarking in general.

So BenchMate is (among other things) a last ditch effort to save at least some of the legacy benchmarks from the very same painful decision.

Can every benchmark be saved? Yes. With a lot of time and effort, you can fix even the worst pile of shit code. :)
But currently BenchMate focuses on benchmarks that were either easy to fix or in my opinion worth the troubles (globals/popular/not a lot of bugs/works on modern hardware/ ...).

If you think a legacy benchmark (not actively developed) is missing, please provide arguments.

About the costs, BenchMate needs about 1000 USD/year for licenses and certificates. It would be nice if that sum would not have to come out of my pocket in the long run.

I've done some thinking on how to split the comp up, again I'm new to this and its my first year so I may not have a clue what I'm talking about.

You could split the following ways.

Intel:

• Mainstream DDR4
  • Mainstream DDR3
  • HEDT DDR4
  • HEDT DDR3

AMD:

• Mainstream Ryzen
  • Mainstream DDR3
  • HEDT Threadripper

I'm sure there is a better way to separate it, but its what I came up with from looking at past comps and what not. DDR3/DDR4 platforms should be able to do W10 without issue, possibly DDR2 but I'm not too sure.

You could also go as far as splitting whatever categories you have into temp categories. Say +20C, -10C to 19C, and under -11C

I'm just spittballing at this point trying to throw out any ideas I can think of that would help give the biggest spectrum of testing for Benchmate

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keeph8n said:

I've done some thinking on how to split the comp up, again I'm new to this and its my first year so I may not have a clue what I'm talking about.

You could split the following ways.

Intel:

• Mainstream DDR4
  • Mainstream DDR3
  • HEDT DDR4
  • HEDT DDR3

AMD:

• Mainstream Ryzen
  • Mainstream DDR3
  • HEDT Threadripper

I'm sure there is a better way to separate it, but its what I came up with from looking at past comps and what not. DDR3/DDR4 platforms should be able to do W10 without issue, possibly DDR2 but I'm not too sure.

You could also go as far as splitting whatever categories you have into temp categories. Say +20C, -10C to 19C, and under -11C

I'm just spittballing at this point trying to throw out any ideas I can think of that would help give the biggest spectrum of testing for Benchmate

DDR2 should support it okay, although it's a bit heavy for older cpus. Basically if amd ddr3 can run it then basically anything core 2 and faster can.

• Like 1

• Crew

Thanks but that might be a bit too many classes, I configured the compo like this:

• Intel Legacy DDR2/3 memory setups
  • Intel DDR4 memory setups

• AMD Legacy DDR2/3 memory setups
  • AMD DDR4 memory setups 

- FYI Cinebench scores are per cores….

- Submissions only via the screenshots in the score folder, so no straight uploading via BenchMate as the BOT is not yet configured.

The intention is to allow you try to find any flaws and provide feedback regarding the usage of the benchmate.  So play with the baseclocks, multies just to see if it still validates…  The outcome of the ranking is not on my prio list, just to quickly spot and provide as quick as possible any feedback to Matt.

thanks for participating 

Alby

Edited by Leeghoofd

On 7/1/2019 at 10:35 PM, _mat_ said:

The truth is that benchmarks should have been properly analyzed for (at least obvious) attacks and timer reliability issues BEFORE points are given. Testing some systems and discussing the results is simply not enough. The outcome is a very painful decision to remove points of a benchmark too late in the game. That hurts the the bot, its community and competitive benchmarking in general.

So BenchMate is (among other things) a last ditch effort to save at least some of the legacy benchmarks from the very same painful decision.

Can every benchmark be saved? Yes. With a lot of time and effort, you can fix even the worst pile of shit code. :)
But currently BenchMate focuses on benchmarks that were either easy to fix or in my opinion worth the troubles (globals/popular/not a lot of bugs/works on modern hardware/ ...).

If you think a legacy benchmark (not actively developed) is missing, please provide arguments.

About the costs, BenchMate needs about 1000 USD/year for licenses and certificates. It would be nice if that sum would not have to come out of my pocket in the long run.

so this just puts my argument forward again, which ive said many times for quite a few years

$10 a year membership, controlled by bot, no say what so ever from members, it will allow bot to develop, test new  benchmarks, and be able to pay these non stop mods  something for their hard earned time that theyve done here for years on end and are still doing it for the love of overclocking, tell me , whos gunna argue with $ 10 per head per year to keep it all running and get better and better for all ,  ?????

thats my take on it, bout time it got happening !!!!

• Like 1