HWBOT Community Forums

BENCHMATE TEST COMPO ver 0.8.1 ONLY

Leeghoofd

@Leeghoofd I've added all categories as beta benchmarks now. Please adjust the competition, so everyone can directly submit to HWBOT.

Good news, everyboy! BenchMate 0.8 is finally out!

Small Bundle: https://www.overclockers.at/downloads/projects/BenchMate 0.8.zip (23 MB)
Big Bundle: https://www.overclockers.at/downloads/projects/BenchMate 0.8-bundle.zip (436 MB)

Few quick notes:

• Every CPU benchmark category that's on HWBOT can now be submitted online into a beta benchmark category named "BENCHMARK XY with BenchMate".
  • 3DMark03, 3DMark05 and 3DMark06 are supported but have to be installed by yourself and added with the [ + ] button or just started while BenchMate is running. The benchmark will be automatically added to the list when it's supported. That works for all benchmarks btw.
  • There is now a Bug Report tool. Please use it!
    If BenchMate fails to start, you can open "BugReport.exe" manually for submission.

Have fun!

I am going to start an announcement thread next, where I'll go into details what BenchMate does. But feel free to test away!

Edited by _mat_

You might have caught a reupload. Had to fix something. Please redownload and check again.

I've also used LMZA as compression algorithm this time, saved 120 MB on the big bundle. Tested it with Win 10's integrated zip extractor and it worked. An old tool might stumble though.

I have reuploaded the new version with more compatible zip archives. Sadly we are back to 550 MB for the big bundle.

48 minutes ago, keeph8n said:

I used 7zip as suggested and worked flawlessly. I still have the same issue with this version as what I was with the 0.7.1 release. 

Well, please use the bug report tool as suggested above and we are going to have a good look at that. :)

10 minutes ago, _mat_ said:

I have reuploaded the new version with more compatible zip archives. Sadly we are back to 550 MB for the big bundle.

Well, please use the bug report tool as suggested above and we are going to have a good look at that. :)

Definitely did. Did before and after update reports as well

• Crew
49 minutes ago, ksateaaa23 said:

not extracting files properly. manually can run cinebench R11.5/15/20 but no option of running with benchmate. screenshot attached.

Are you guys extracting on OCed mem ? I downed it on the 2 laptops and the gaming desktop, no issues at all with extracting... Done with Winrar compression tool

FYI OCed  mems can be 32M stable but fail on extracting...

CINEBENCH_R11.5_CPU_2.12.jpg

Edited by Leeghoofd

58 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

Are you guys extracting on OCed mem ? I downed it on the 2 laptops and the gaming desktop, no issues at all with extracting... Done with Winrar compression tool

FYI OCed  mems can be 32M stable but fail on extracting...

CINEBENCH_R11.5_CPU_2.12.jpg

i7 2600k @ stock with transcend axeram @ stock(666@9-9-9-9-24). Bench settings can be unstable & I don't even use them for browsing.

1 hour ago, ksateaaa23 said:

not extracting files properly. manually can run cinebench R11.5/15/20 but no option of running with benchmate. screenshot attached.

mat.PNG

The total size of the big bundle archive is 550 MB. Yours is only 420, so I guess the download just failed.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, _mat_ said:
BenchMate 0.8.1

Small Bundle: https://bit.ly/2Y2hDW2 (15 MB, GPUPI 3.2 + 3.3, SuperPi, CPU-Z, GPU-Z)
Big Bundle: https://bit.ly/2Gf6uHd (385 MB, + GeekBench 3+4, all CBs)

Note: These are now self-extracting executables, they should work everywhere!

Changelog
  • Activated another protection against DLL injection attacks
  • Improved font sizes on result dialog, changed font to Calibri
  • Bugfix for 2920X/2950X and invalid processor groups
  • Bugfix for error dialog, parent window wasn't responding
  • Unified DPI scaling for error dialog
  • Fixed a bug with Geekbench 3.4.2
  • Performance improvement for file hashing of benchmark files
  • Smaller SuperPi result message box reminder
Special thanks to @keeph8n for letting me into his troubled Threadripper sys!

Please update to the new version for testing!

A note on updating BenchMate in general before I an integrated updater is available:

• You can move your result directory and your config.json into the new installation at any time. They will be recognized on the next launch of BenchMate.
  • Please close all benchmarks that were guarded by an old BenchMate version. If you don't want to bother, just reboot!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

For this competition Leeghoofd stated that all current rules of HWBOT apply.

In the long run my opinion is that this rule does not bring anything to the table. Windows version and result time is specified on the result window. To gain an insight on opened programs/running processes from the taskbar for moderation is dangerous because programs can be hidden from the taskbar, the taskbar could be part of the wallpaper or the process not shown on it in the first place. So decisions should not be based upon it imho.

If necessary we could add a list of all running processes to the moderation meta data of the result. It would be a lot of information, but the snapshot could show tools running that should not be there. To help with the moderation we could distinguish between known and unknown processes and format them in different lists.

• Crew

Yes no more screen clipping, full size desktop screenshot.is what we go for… that would be cool Matt, just ensure that the benchmate doesn't slow down the benchmark too much or you would get some angry OCers chasing you :p

chase.jpg

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 1