HWBOT Community Forums

BENCHMATE TEST COMPO ver 0.8.1 ONLY

Leeghoofd

The 0.8 version works to run all tests but 0.8.1 i can not start geekbench3 nor geekbench4 as it only show 32 bit versions and says its starting service which never start. Get same issue if trying to start cpuz 32 bit.. Works fine in 0.8  

so can we please use 0.8 version also? or we will need a fix

Im running on my standard 7940x setup with normal watercooling and updated Win 10

The service is needed to guard a 32 bit benchmark from a 64 bit environment. I can't overcome the WOW barrier without it, so if the service is not working, 32 bit applications will not start.

The "BenchMate Security Service" can be found in the service list (type services.msc in the taskbar's search field). It should be running while BenchMate is active.

A Bug Report (from the menu) would be nice after you tried to start a 32 bit application and it's not working. Otherwise it's hard for me to determine what is happening here.

38 minutes ago, Matsglobetrotter said:

The 0.8 version works to run all tests but 0.8.1 i can not start geekbench3 nor geekbench4 as it only show 32 bit versions and says its starting service which never start. Get same issue if trying to start cpuz 32 bit.. Works fine in 0.8  

so can we please use 0.8 version also? or we will need a fix

Im running on my standard 7940x setup with normal watercooling and updated Win 10

Did you try renaming the 32 bit and 64 bit exe? This should allow to launch the 64 bit exe with the 32 bit button

21 hours ago, _mat_ said:

There is also a bug currently with Cinebench. If you run it minimized it can't capture the score. Same thing happens if you use a very high priority class on CB, the system will be so swamped that I don't receive a notification for the start and/or the end of the run. Please be aware that this could happen.

Does drag off screen work?

1 minute ago, Matsglobetrotter said:

No, i run it just like its set up ? meanwhile after 2 re-boots the behaviour is gone?! no win update in between

i like this benchmate though. kudos to Matt ?

So then you have option to run 64 bit version? 64 bit version scores better so if you only have 32 bit button then a tweak is to swap names on the 32 bit and 64 bit exe, so that the 32 bit button launches the "32 bit exe" which is now the 64 bit exe.

Just now, yosarianilives said:

So then you have option to run 64 bit version? 64 bit version scores better so if you only have 32 bit button then a tweak is to swap names on the 32 bit and 64 bit exe, so that the 32 bit button launches the "32 bit exe" which is now the 64 bit exe.

Geek bench starts as 32 bit but I select 64 bit inside. The problem i had was anything listed as 32 bit in benchmate would not start. now they do. Thus I believe the service will capture it right.

I believe my issue is gone as i cant replicate it anymore even after now 4 reboots. Meanwhile if i run Geekbench4 in 32 bit more i loose about 600 or so points on single core performance.

3 minutes ago, Matsglobetrotter said:

Geek bench starts as 32 bit but I select 64 bit inside. The problem i had was anything listed as 32 bit in benchmate would not start. now they do. Thus I believe the service will capture it right.

I believe my issue is gone as i cant replicate it anymore even after now 4 reboots. Meanwhile if i run Geekbench4 in 32 bit more i loose about 600 or so points on single core performance.

The same tweak to get geek 4 to run in 64 bit should work

2 hours ago, Matsglobetrotter said:

No, i run it just like its set up ? meanwhile after 2 re-boots the behaviour is gone?! no win update in between

i like this benchmate though. kudos to Matt ?

I'm pretty sure that the old driver was still loaded without reboot and that's why the service failed to handle new requests.

I will write an updater next that will take care of properly reloading everything without a reboot. It will be necessary anyways. :)

2 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

Does drag off screen work?

I guess it's the same there. The problem is that I need some entry point to know when a run has been started and ends. That's easy for most benchmarks, but CINEBENCH has a custom UI so I can't capture any WIN32 API function from button inputs and the likes. We'll find a way. :)

Short update: In the last two days I rewrote the Geekbench support to include tryout versions as well. This was for sure a motherfucker, but it's even more stable than ever and independent of any GUI activity.

On a more important note: I've also encountered a problem with ensuring reliable time measurement and upholding the unified security standard on Geekbench. As there is an inner benchmark executable it is not correctly set up yet to support the whole range of security vulnerabilities. I'm in the process of fixing this to make it completely compliant to BenchMate's standards. My recommendation is that Geekbench results made with all currently available versions of BenchMate should have their points disabled and remain as test results. Sorry folks, but that's why we needed this test competition!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1