HWBOT Community Forums

BENCHMATE TEST COMPO ver 0.8.1 ONLY

Leeghoofd

• Crew

OFFICIAL SUPPORT THREAD AT THIS LINK!

K maybe not a bad idea to do a small competition with only allowing submissions done/monitored by Matt's latest release of the

0.8.1 release click here (click link to download)

With version 0.8.0 Scores can be submitted straight via the Benchmate Tool (Internet required ofc) or via the screenshot (RESULT FOLDER) Thus manual submission via the compo page. Take note we are using Beta Benchmarks for the Compo!!!

benchmate-preview_238634.jpg

This implies we only can run the benchmarks currently integrated in the Benchmate suite: 

• CB R11.5
  • CB R15
  • CB R20
  • Geekbench 3 & 4
  • SuperPi
  • GPUPI 3.2 / 3.333

Ofcourse to thoroughly test out any bugs it might be better to opt for Windows 10 only.

This compo might be a solid test to  see if we can finally allow newcomers to bench on the latest Microsoft OS even with older Intel or any AMD hardware out there. 

Limitations to participate are to use=

• Pre-Skylake Intel hardware in the DDR2/3 Intel Compo
  • SKylake and Newer Platforms in the DDR4 Intel Compo
  • AMD platform. (For AMD I hope many Ryzen and Threadripper users will chime in) in the appropriate DDR2/3 and DDR4 Compo

Any pointers or heads up? This new software is the thing OC needs to stay alive and kicking... Microsoft couldn't care less about us and AMD has a special way of approaching things too ?

CINEBENCH_R11_5_9_81.jpg

OFFICIAL SUPPORT THREAD AT THIS LINK!

becnhmatecompo.jpg

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, ObscureParadox said:

or simply just allow it in since it's more of a tester competition and nothing overly serious. 

If it's not for pts anywhere then there's no problem with allowing cpus that launch after comp start, if it's for pts then people will complain about their early bench sessions being beat by "unfair cheating" because people don't like to be beat.

In for this, AMD is coming with new platform too as well so this is definitely the right time for it (after 7/7 that is).

As for the benchmark I would suggest:

- Cinebench R20R15 (R20 is the newer, we might as well test these if BenchMate would be mandatory for future. As for R15 it is pretty common already so it is OK for checking something with global points. I'm not too keen on R11.5)

- Maybe do single-core CInebench (R20) too, just for fun to check Single Core performance.

- Geekbench 3 & 4 Multi-core

- Pi 32M (not sure if we should do full out or limited clock to check the clock verification feature?)

(GPUPI already thought as 'secure' for win10, so I'm not sure if that's needed?)

For limitation, I agree to focus on the windows 10-only to check stuff.

Not sure about how to make the class/category. Maybe divide the competition by socket on Non-windows 10 friendly platforms?

- AM4 (all)

- TR4 (all)

- LGA2011 v3 Haswell & Broadwell

- LGA115x Minus Skylake+ gen (not sure should be open for all or just specific generation)

Edited by Lucky_n00b
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

I'm differentiating "unfair cheating" vs actual cheating with qoutes, I'm referring to people being butthurt because someone beats them with newer hw.

lol ,mute point, there is no difference between unfair cheating and actual cheating , ( still cheating whatever way its looked at ) same damn thing, nothing to do with newer hardware, youd expect newer hardware to beat the older anyway hardware, so another mute point, anyway im not gunna go back and forth with it, you have your opinion on it , i have mine, that fact is when cheats get found out the subs get booted and they get booted,  best scaenario is ... well leave it at that ☺️!!!

10 hours ago, ozzie said:

lol ,mute point, there is no difference between unfair cheating and actual cheating , ( still cheating whatever way its looked at ) same damn thing, nothing to do with newer hardware, youd expect newer hardware to beat the older anyway hardware, so another mute point, anyway im not gunna go back and forth with it, you have your opinion on it , i have mine, that fact is when cheats get found out the subs get booted and they get booted,  best scaenario is ... well leave it at that ☺️!!!

You miss the point, "unfair cheating" = perceived cheats vs something that is legitimately a unfair.