HWBOT Community Forums

The official BenchMate support thread

Leeghoofd

Good morning,

I'm trying to use benchmate for wprime and every time i receive the same error "could not parse result", any idea?

i'm on windows server datacenter 2019.

Screenshot_128.png.417164a3621b5f404a2d606054a7f22c.png

with gpupi instead, both versions, benchmate don't launch the benchmark gui without any error.

Thanks in advance for the support.

8 minutes ago, Mr_Boh said:

Good morning,

I'm trying to use benchmate for wprime and every time i receive the same error "could not parse result", any idea?

i'm on windows server datacenter 2019.

Screenshot_128.png.417164a3621b5f404a2d606054a7f22c.png

with gpupi instead, both versions, benchmate don't launch the benchmark gui without any error.

Thanks in advance for the support.

for gpupi 3.2 in eventvwr i receive:

bmservice64-0.10.7.1
Injecting hook into process: **** (Wakeup Thread ID: ****)

and next

bmservice64-0.10.7.1
Failed to guard application (Injection, Unable to allocate memory in target process.)

This OS version is untested. Some people are using the Standard Server version though and it seems to work. Don't know if anyone has tried 2019.

As for wPrime, can you submit a bug report after the error occurs? Best to close wPrime first and go to the client and select bug report from the menu.

GPUPI, the error states that BenchMate can't inject into the GPUPI executable. Might be an incompatibility or some kind of protection from the OS or an Antivirus software. If you have AV installed (even Windows Defender), try to deactivate it temporarily.

Edited by _mat_

@cbjaust As I can't send any PMs today anymore (I've reached the daily limit of 5) and this may be of interested to others anyways:

The support of 3DMark03/05/06 is currently very experimental. We have a way better implementation ready in our dev builds, that will correctly detect iGPU, SLI and Crossfire. It also measures only the sensors of the cards involved. In fact the whole 3D integration was completely rewritten, even that of GPUPI when used with graphics cards. This will come out with one of the next releases soon. In the long run 3D will get a way better treatment. I'm talking about game benchmarks.

So please sit tight and yes, your bug reports about GPU clocks were looked at when they were reported and are flagged as "TODO" in our bug report database.

Edited by _mat_
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, _mat_ said:

This OS version is untested. Some people are using the Standard Server version though and it seems to work. Don't know if anyone has tried 2019.

As for wPrime, can you submit a bug report after the error occurs? Best to close wPrime first and go to the client and select bug report from the menu.

GPUPI, the error states that BenchMate can't inject into the GPUPI executable. Might be an incompatibility or some kind of protection from the OS or an Antivirus software. If you have AV installed (even Windows Defender), try to deactivate it temporarily.

thanks for the reply,

WPRIME:

i just sent a bug report.

btw maybe it can be related to the desktop session, usually on that kind of machines you can use ipmi (idrac or other commercial names) or rdp, in both cases i have the same errors. Maybe in the next week i'll try with a local monitor, but is the same session of the ipmi.

for gpupi no, I don't have any av or firewall, on w2019server windows defender is now included, I already disabled it in any possible ways but I'll make some tests in that direction.

Thanks.

edit=

ps: I will try with an "accellerated" gpu (I've a Matrox G200, is a 2d gpu intended just for remote session or similar, even if I'm not interested in gpu benching it can be an issue),  too asap

Edited by Mr_Boh

Yes, the remote access is theoretically a problem. Please try with local access.

Your bug report for wPrime states that I can't capture anything from wPrime's result window. So it can't verify the category that was running, hence the error in parsing the result.

PS: wPrime is pretty difficult to integrate. I already wasted a lot of time with this bench. Support will slowly fade out from my side. It's just not worth the effort.

Edited by _mat_
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, _mat_ said:

Yes, the remote access is theoretically a problem. Please try with local access.

Your bug report for wPrime states that I can't capture anything from wPrime's result window. So it can't verify the category that was running, hence the error in parsing the result.

PS: wPrime is pretty difficult to integrate. I already wasted a lot of time with this bench. Support will slowly fade out from my side. It's just not worth the effort.

Ok, thanks, I'll try locally with another gpu.
Anyway this is the standard for rack-mounted units, but no, it's not worth integrating this scenario into your already very good application as well.

• Thanks 1

just for your information, gpupi on windows 2019 server didn't launch the gui (and cli neither) for an opencl runtimes issue, not as usual with a "no opencl devices error" (or something similar...) in the gui.

Problem solved with the right opencl runtimes 3.0, maybe it can be an usefull info for someone.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure if it's a hwbot submission page issue, or if it's a Benchmate issue, but lately when I try submitting y-cruncher Pi-25m results done with Benchmate 0.10.7.1 (I think I've tried it 2 or 3 times), I've been the following error:

image.png.89abfc815bb3e67c9dcf442eeda1393b.png

Runs done on the same system for Pi-1b seem to go through just fine (no error about version number). It appears that some of my Pi-25m submissions (from BM 0.10.7.1) were going through fine a few weeks ago, so I'm not sure if maybe something just got messed up on the hwbot end. A similar error message pops up and indicates that hwbot rejected the submission if I submit it directly through the program as well.

I've attached an example set of files from a submission that gets this error.

y-cruncher_Pi-25m_1.326.jpg

y-cruncher_Pi-25m_1.326.hwbot y-cruncher_Pi-25m_1.326.json

Asus Strix RX 6900 XT Oc LC.

Two issues.

1) Upon installing latest WHQL Adrenalin drivers, The opencl cpu driver does not function, despite

the fact that latest SDK is installed.

Assuming it is over written, but re-installing the SDK ( whichever version ), does not restore opencl for cpu.

2) As we can see in the attached image, GPUPI for gpu stops with error, at defaul clocks.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

ScreenHunter_57 Feb. 27 17.46.png

6900 XT and probably 6800 as well are currently not compatible with GPUPI. It just doesn't compute right for whatever reason.

Edit: You error above nearly always means that you need to reduce the Reduction Size step by step. AMD GPUs have very limited space for shared memory.

Edited by _mat_

53 minutes ago, _mat_ said:

6900 XT and probably 6800 as well are currently not compatible with GPUPI. It just doesn't compute right for whatever reason.

Edit: You error above nearly always means that you need to reduce the Reduction Size step by step. AMD GPUs have very limited space for shared memory.

Thank you.

I have already done what 

you suggest. 

• 1 month later...

Did a brief search didn't find this issue so if it's already known please forgive me and point me in right direction..
Just performed install of latest version, 0.10.7, selecting all benchmarks.
Install completes correctly, option to launch is correctly selected before clicking "finish" (I think that was label..) HOWEVER nothing launches, benchmate icon on desktop is white, link is invalid, benchmate.exe is missing from benchmate install folder as per screenshot. BM maintenance app is fine..//..

Weird AF.. 

I'm using Win10 20H2 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0, it's been debloated but that hasn't stopped me installing anything else until now..

Error is reproducible.

LMK if there's something I'm missing, or if I can provide log or something for debug ???

Cheers

J

1913504714_benchmatemissing.thumb.jpg.bd017b9c770f9f9e86562bbcb2cec91a.jpg

Edited by L0wpull

Microsoft Defender detects BenchMate as a trojan that sniffs bank data. It's of course a false positive (as always).

I already hunted it down. Whole Sunday gone to shit basically. Will have a new version of BM ready to "fix" this. Glad I can add a HWiNFO update as well so the release somehow makes sense.

6 hours ago, _mat_ said:

Microsoft Defender detects BenchMate as a trojan that sniffs bank data. It's of course a false positive (as always)

Sorry I didn’t pick up on that possibility, my debloat involved entirely nuking ms defender etc as it’s just a benching boot drive no production at all no hard links to my network - didn’t ring that alarm bell for me at all!

thank you for your time, good to know that crap is never truly gone any more, no matter how much you prune...

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, GTI-R said:

I get an error like this
Have you taken measures?
The composition is
CPU: 11600KF
Z590 APEX
Windows 10

無題.png

I get the same error on multiple benchmarks (cb15, cb20, SPi32M, wprime1024m, 7zip) but not on wprime32m , Spi1M, ycruncher and pifast.

11600k and M12A, fresh windows 10 20H2 install, tried on benchmate 10.6.8 and 10.7.2, same result, Hwinfo64 standalone installed or not. 

• Sad 1