HWBOT Community Forums

The official BenchMate support thread

Leeghoofd

Important update! Please redownload and reinstall the latest version if you have problems!

Download: https://benchmate.org/
Changelog: https://benchmate.org/changelog/0.10.8
Support: https://www.patreon.com/benchmate

I have fixed several bugs with Windows 7 and 8.1. The driver could not be installed on these systems due to major limitations on these legacy OS versions.

Please beware that you might not be able to run BenchMate on Windows 7 if you don't have the latest updates installed. Especially old ass root certificates will not work with my new EV certificate. I had to install IE11 to make the file validation work on all ends. It's really hard to get this working in 2021. I recommend the Winfuture Update Pack, January 2020.

I also found a problem with PYPrime's validation of module dependencies and some harmless but annoying workload crashes on 64 bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 months later...

I just want verification from the Judges.. Is a BenchMate score allowed for the NON BenchMate benches? IE, I ran WPrime 32m and got 3.525s run. I ran BenchMate 10.8 and got a 3.025s run. The BM score is a few points for HTPP & GTPP but if i submit it as regular sub (Non BM) I now get points on the GP & HW.

Thank You

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all
I would like to report a possible issue:

Evga Z490 Dark & 10900k 

Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64bit) and Windows server 2012 R2 (64bit)

Installed chipset drivers on windows 7

As suggested in a previous comment, on windows 7 I have installed the Winfuture Update Pack, January 2020, issue still occurs.

Benchmate installs fine on those 2 os, but when launching benchmate it fails to init, issue occurs on both os.

Issue is independent of having diff benchmate versions installed or just one benchmate installed. As per the screenshot issue does not occur with previous versions.

Thank you.

benchmate-windows-7.thumb.png.02e095452b7e326a3680e8d34fb25949.png

It's a certificate issue for sure (if the install itself is indeed correct). The root certificates need to be updated. I think the system has to be on the internet as well to really update them.

It's tedious, I know. I'm working on a fix that does not rely on digital signatures for verification of file tampering. It's not a good idea, because that's exactly what these signatures are for. But I will code a fallback for Windows 7 only. It's in the pipeline, although right now I am focusing on Alder Lake.

Edit: You can use BM 0.10.7.2 with Windows 7. It uses my old digital certificate, which was still listed even in very old Windows 7 versions.

Edited by _mat_

Hello @_mat_
Thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated.
I have installed internet on windows 7, and benchmate 0.10.8 started working, confirm that benchmate 0.10.8 works on windows 7.
Will need to figure a way to setup internet on Windows server 2012 R2 (64bit), since oob internet drivers do not work.
Best.

benchmate-windows-7.thumb.png.1699d1b07e73dc1c1c4bc1a422f82c18.png

hello @_mat_
Thank you for your quick reply.
I have exported the mentioned certificate from Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64bit) and imported the certificate to Windows server 2012 R2 (64bit), restarted the machine, and launched benchmate 0.10.8 with success.
Once again thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated.

benchmate-windows-server-2012.thumb.png.a57cc719dbcde9415df9f454978dcbba.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/2/2022 at 10:18 AM, Gunslinger said:

I've got the same issue with W7, unfortunately I have no way to connect to the internet with that OS.

Is there a simple tutorial on how to import those files ?

Mike use an older version of BM for W7 like 10.7.1 or 10.7.2 as those work and don't have the certificate issue.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@_mat_ was the gigantic bloated looks of the Benchmate validation window intentional or something Windows is doing to screw things up? That massive size and huge fonts just wastes a TON of screen space and it looks super ugly like that. It is only huge on Windows 10/11. It is the nicer original size on Windows 7. I don't remember it always being this way. Just curious what changed and why. See examples below.

Example: Good / attractive / normal size on Windows 7

image_id_2658620.jpg

Example: Bloated / ugly / screen-wasting pig size on Windows 10/11

image_id_2658849.jpg

Edited by Mr. Fox

Intentional. But you will be able to tone it down soon.

You can see in the thumbnails of your post, why this will be the new default. A window that is 1/10th of a screenshot is unreadable. So the new default will be independent of the number of pixels. For example: 3/4 of the screen height.

Edited by _mat_
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, _mat_ said:

Intentional. But you will be able to tone it down soon.

You can see in the thumbnails of your post, why this will be the new default. A window that is 1/10th of a screenshot is unreadable. So the new default will be independent of the number of pixels. For example: 3/4 of the screen height.

Thank you for responding. I appreciate it @_mat_. Yes, I would definitely like having the ability to control the scaling of that validation window. Some of my buddies have also shared their objection to it and I thought I would ask here. For anyone using a 1080p display it is particularly troublesome because it doesn't leave much room for Cinebench and CPU-Z windows.

Another question. One of my benching buddies was saying my submissions were "invalid" and I think he is referring to the yellow background color on the score. That seems to be the default color for 0.10.9 Preview 1. If I use an older version of Benchmate it is green. If the score is invalid it would say "invalid" and prevent uploading it to HWBOT, is that correct?

Hello. - Hello.
I installed Benchmate on Windows 7, but I can't start it.
Please let me know how to deal with this.
PC Configuration
CPU: 12900KF
Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4
Windows 7 is what I was using on my Z590.
I can start the Z690 and all other apps are fine, but only Benchmate will not start.
I would like to ask for your help.

無題.png