HWBOT Community Forums

The official BenchMate support thread

Leeghoofd

4 hours ago, Chaton22 said:

Hello I have a problem with the latest version 10.9 Procedure entry point SetprocessInformation not found in dynamic link library KERNEL 32.dll Windows 7 ultimate up to date How do I do? Thank you

On 3/29/2022 at 6:59 AM, GTI-R said:

It won't work with Windows 7.

Mat already wrote a few posts above:

for Windows 7 use https://dl.benchmate.org/bm-0.10.8-offline.exe AND certificates.zip 

I didn't try yet so up to you

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am unable to install 0.10.9.2 on any version of Windows (10 LTSC 2019, 10 LTSC 2021 and 11) as all give the same error.  I have downloaded several times thinking maybe the installation package is corrupted, but no go.

image.png.a2625af61e3255896f45ae3c48d80f2b.png

Edited by Mr. Fox

I'm also getting error while installing, saying that I don't have x86 operating system and the app cannot be installed. The app is downloaded from the website (10.9.2).

EDIT: solved. Issue was due to permissions.

Edited by Quake

• 2 weeks later...

I will have time now to have a look at it. Please be patient.

It's probably something with the installer cache. Try to uninstall all other versions of BenchMate made with the new installer.

Sadly the new installer is not much better than the old one. They all have in common that they can't handle the many Cinebench files.

• 3 weeks later...

Still unable to use Benchmate 0.10.9.0... restarting doesn't help. Complete removal with Revo Unistaller and clean installing doesn't help. Installing over 0.10.8.0 doesn't help.

No problems with 0.10.8.0, so another example of something newer not being better. Seems that applies to nearly everything, LOL. When it comes to software, drivers and firmware, it is safe to assume the exact opposite is going to almost always be true.

image.png.863fa42e8d4ccb86ad9f4fdd37abc0ba.png

LOG START at 2022-05-23 21:50:27 ----------------------
Service: bmservice64-0.10.9.0
Service failed to run: bmservice64-0.10.9.0 (Error: The service process could not connect to the service controller. [#1063])
Uninstalling service
LOG START at 2022-05-23 22:34:52 ----------------------
BenchMate 0.10.9.0
DPI Awareness used: System
Could not load font, falling back to Arial!
Init Status: VERIFYING INSTALLATION
Init Status: CLEANING UP
Removing old process log files.
Init Status: PREPARING CLIENT
Preparing client.
Init Status: INTIALIZING DRIVER
Initializing timer.
Loading driver file: C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Programs\BenchMate\bin\bmrbt64.sys
Installing the driver (Timeout: 10000 ms)
Driver service already exists
Driver status: Stopped
Starting driver service
Could not start driver service: The system cannot find the file specified. [#2]
Driver installation failed: The system cannot find the file specified. [#2]
Driver initialization failed!
Init Error: Driver installation failed!

The driver file is not accessible.

Possible Solution: This can happen in rare occasions after updating BenchMate and should go away by restarting the application.

Edited by Mr. Fox

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

Still unable to use BenchMate 0.10.9.0... restarting doesn't help. Complete removal with Revo Unistaller and clean installing doesn't help. Installing over 0.10.8.0 doesn't help.

No problems with 0.10.8.0, so another example of something newer not being better. Seems that applies to nearly everything, LOL. When it comes to software, drivers and firmware, it is safe to assume the exact opposite is going to almost always be true.

image.png.863fa42e8d4ccb86ad9f4fdd37abc0ba.png

LOG START at 2022-05-23 21:50:27 ----------------------
Service: bmservice64-0.10.9.0
Service failed to run: bmservice64-0.10.9.0 (Error: The service process could not connect to the service controller. [#1063])
Uninstalling service
LOG START at 2022-05-23 22:34:52 ----------------------
BenchMate 0.10.9.0
DPI Awareness used: System
Init Status: VERIFYING INSTALLATION
Init Status: CLEANING UP
Removing old process log files.
Init Status: PREPARING CLIENT
Preparing client.
Init Status: INTIALIZING DRIVER
Initializing timer.
Loading driver file: C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Programs\BenchMate\bin\bmrbt64.sys
Installing the driver (Timeout: 10000 ms)
Driver service already exists
Driver status: Stopped
Starting driver service
Could not start driver service: The system cannot find the file specified. [#2]
Driver installation failed: The system cannot find the file specified. [#2]
Driver initialization failed!
Init Error: Driver installation failed!

The driver file is not accessible.

Possible Solution: This can happen in rare occasions after updating BenchMate and should go away by restarting the application.

Seems like the bm-0.10.9.2-offline.exe installer is bugged. I manually copied the driver to the C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder and renamed it "bmrbt-030.sys" (which was listed in Autoruns, but flagged "file not found") and now BenchMate 0.10.9.0 launches without error. Neither the 32bit nor 64bit BenchMate driver was in the System32\drivers folder after normal installation. (The installation appeared to always complete without any error, but apparently not.)

image.thumb.png.86c2cc537b7fee748522a7465a9ae024.png

Edited by Mr. Fox
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 4:42 PM, _mat_ said:

Sadly the new installer is not much better than the old one. They all have in common that they can't handle the many Cinebench files.

I would recommend going for an msi package rather than 3rd party installers, but if that's by choice you can archive the  big folders (i.e Cinebench) then use the already bundled 7z to unpack it.

• 2 weeks later...

BenchMate 10.10 is available for public download. ❤

Lots of known and annoying bugs fixed and more than a few features and improvements added. The screenshot shows some legacy love on Windows 7 with a screen resolution of 1280x1024 using y-cruncher 0.7.9.

y-cruncher_Pi-25m_5_118.thumb.jpg.62173efbf89f560d188124684c416c1d.jpg

Download: https://benchmate.org
Changelog: https://benchmate.org/changelog/10.10
Support via Patreon ❤️ 

Edited by _mat_
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

It's possible, I had a prototype running. Implementation is pretty hard due to the Java wrapper.

Another challenge is that the benchmark itself is huge. It's bigger than the current download package of BenchMate. So it either has be downloaded separately or it needs the separation of the BenchMate client and the benchmark data before I integrate it.

Separated benchmark data means that benchmarks can either be downloaded by choice inside the client or installed using a separate installer just for the benchmarks.

The system probably needs to be interchangeable as well. Like use the benchmark installer and then update the benchmark by download.

Edited by _mat_
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

BenchMate 10.12 is now available for the public! It focuses on Zen 4, but also improves Raptor Lake support, adds a brand-new Super PI tweak called Sloppy Wazaa, shows more information on the result window (Bus frequency, Intel Ring Bus frequency, more memory timings [RFC, Command Rate]) and much more.

unreliable-bus-frequency.thumb.png.48cd25a40fb0aa37f2ad8c7c675cce64.png

This screen shows the new bus frequency reliability check for AMD Zen. More about that here:
https://benchmate.org/faq/bus-frequency-reliability-check

Download: https://benchmate.org
Changelog: https://benchmate.org/changelog/10.12.2
Donate via PayPal: https://bit.ly/3RkFLe3
Donate via Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/benchmate

Edited by _mat_
  • Like 3