HWBOT Community Forums

The official BenchMate support thread

Leeghoofd

21 minutes ago, MrGenius said:

Or is that some obscure tweak I've never heard of?

1.PNG.e3dade6932d52b6d6d36fd5d16f74d8d.PNG

I mean running it this way. Yes, that is old tweak and it helps in certain environment. Although I never benched Spi in Win10 and have no idea if it helps here.

25 minutes ago, MrGenius said:

Then don't minimize it.

Nice nickname Sir :-D

10 hours ago, techjesse said:

Mat, I was going to check to see if you had a new version up and ran into this :(

Please report it as false positive. It certainly is.

The bit.ly-URL is btw just a download for 0.8.1, so no new version for now.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TerraRaptor said:

Benchmate won't detect superpi running if superpi window is minimised.

Will look into it, thanks.

I kind of doubt that the old minimizing trick will have an impact on the score for CPUs with at least two physical cores enabled.

benchmate launching but none of the apps are opening.

2 win 10 os and same wih both professional and enterprise versions. both are used for all 4 benchmate comps till now. they have worked well but with g3258/z97-d3h/transcend/g.skill ram none of the apps are opening. bug report sent. kindly look into it.

should i go with fresh install.

BUG123.PNG

Edited by ksateaaa23

It's a known issue. You need to have a paid/licensed version for them to work with BM. The developer is fixing it so you can use the tryout versions with the next release. He's also recommending that all GB scores submitted with the current release be invalidated(lose their point values). Since he's discovered some kind of timer flaw inherent to GB. Which he's trying to correct with the next release as well. So...since those scores would be invalid anyway(for points in the compo)...you really haven't lost anything...yet.

Edited by MrGenius

@_mat_

As a nice to have, you could maybe add a place where people can put stock photos of their rig needed for enthusiast league and above. This will help allow people to upload not just the score and screenshot, but the other files needed to get points. Call it a point of laziness on my part and others, but having to go edit the score on hwbot to get points is a bit of a drag. I do like the automated nature of this app.

So, I'm asking for up to 4 slots for images, similar to the submission page, so that we can just tuck those pics into a folder for benchmate and not have to think too much about it. Not a high priority, but something to consider.

53 minutes ago, ajc9988 said:

@_mat_

As a nice to have, you could maybe add a place where people can put stock photos of their rig needed for enthusiast league and above. This will help allow people to upload not just the score and screenshot, but the other files needed to get points. Call it a point of laziness on my part and others, but having to go edit the score on hwbot to get points is a bit of a drag. I do like the automated nature of this app.

So, I'm asking for up to 4 slots for images, similar to the submission page, so that we can just tuck those pics into a folder for benchmate and not have to think too much about it. Not a high priority, but something to consider.

This is a feature request for the HWBOT submission API. BenchMate can make use of it, if it's there.

Another great feature would be to add the submission comment to the API as well.

@Devroush @Leeghoofd

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, _mat_ said:

This is a feature request for the HWBOT submission API. BenchMate can make use of it, if it's there.

Another great feature would be to add the submission comment to the API as well.

@Devroush @Leeghoofd

Also, I still need to boot to the windows to go thumb drive I have on my 1950X, but I can open the file on the 1950X's main OS and run GPUPI, but when I boot from the thumb drive and try to run it on my P770ZM laptop with a 4790K, it has the message of "failed to guard the application." I used the same folder I have been using on my 1950X, and I submitted a report from the app already. I just need to boot from the thumb drive later tonight to see if it is something with the thumb drive on the OS (modded windows 10 ISO), or if it is a problem found with the Intel CPU but not the AMD CPU. Also, being a Windows to Go thumb drive, it having the multiple drivers installed for multiple machines may have a part to it. I'll report back later if GPUPI runs from the thumb drive this evening.

Just wanted to give a heads up. If it is an issue with a Windows to Go install, then it would be niche, but still worth knowing (hence why I plan to test it tonight).

Update: So, I just sat down and tested because I had the thumb drive here. It must be something to do with the modded OS or it being a Windows to go install because only that app didn't work on either the 4790K or the 1950X from the thumb drive when the windows to go OS was loaded. I'd need to try a stock loaded OS on a windows to go thumb drive to confirm it is that which is the issue versus one of my mods to the OS, but the other apps work fine (didn't try the GPU-Z as there wasn't a need for it).

Edited by ajc9988
Update

Hi Mat, it seems HPET counter itself isn't checked which unfortunately is R/W. Some examples.

SuperPi World record Windows 10

Super_PI_1M_3_920.thumb.jpg.59eb329bef25e36fd8fd71376a2882f1.jpg

4 Core GPUPI 100M 1st place Windows 10

GPUPI_3.3_100M_CPU_9_986.thumb.jpg.bc0bbadc0fd5e60dfa1e9eb3bce0cd27.jpg

CBR 11.5 Windows 7. A bit more modest but shouldn't be in double figures

CINEBENCH_R11.5_CPU_14_03.thumb.jpg.63d8803005f904e9b5c488a5499dbf33.jpg

Also noted is that CBR has the option to keep the best score which means someone in say a limited clock competition of say 4GHz could run first at a higher clock then rerun at 4GHz with the best kept score and submit.

Obviously these examples are outrageous but someone looking to add just a little to tip the scales may be able to do so although I never tried actually submitting any of these.

I had hoped to try out integrated graphics with above processor too as GPU-z doesn't seem to use bclk for clock calculation but instead just multiplies the ratio by 50MHz. When using 125MHz strap there's a 25% error. Unfortunately I could not run 3DMark03

IGD.png.e800530907cc0ba684b4b8fd2643d322.png

I hope this is of some help to you.

Edited by 0.0

On 7/29/2019 at 7:23 PM, _mat_ said:

If you upload the OS image I can take a proper look. Never tested it with a bootable stick.

update: After having installed NTLite to verify which iso I was sending you (double checking components removed), and after trying to install a couple different graphics drivers (which I detailed previously about DDU then trying to install a modded driver without Nvidia telemetry, etc., which didn't install), which the new ones wouldn't install either, GPUPI is now running. I have no idea why. But I did want to mention it to you. Probably just a weird one off situation.

Thanks for pointing this out, I've simply overlooked it.

It's certainly an interesting attack vector, that is sadly allowed by the specs of HPET made by Intel and Microsoft. It's also NOT a BenchMate specific problem, all benchmarks relying on HPET will be vulnerable by this.

And to put this in the right perspective: A driver needs to be written, that has low-level access to HPET. So this is not everybody's cheat, some big hurdles need to be overcome to do this.

I'm in contact with 0.0 and we are working on a solution.

21 hours ago, Digg_de said:

Can't start Benchmate with my 4790K Sys.. fresh Win-Install, ASRock Drivers installed. Sent a Bug Report.

args.png

Hey, thanks for the report. I can't see anything wrong in the logs. What do you do to get the error? Is it reproducible?

On 8/2/2019 at 8:54 AM, GeorgeStorm said:

@_mat_ any update on the issue @0.0 pointed out?

The vulnerability has been fixed now and will be released with BenchMate 0.9.

I can't say the same for all other benchmarks that either enforce HPET (GPUPI, x265) or just use QPC with "useplatformclock" enabled (Geekbench for example). I don't have the time right now, but my best guess is that even kernel tick related timer functions can be tricked with this as well. That would include 90% of all benchmarks here on HWBOT.

0.0 did this with very little programming experience and he used a third party driver, so he didn't need kernel driver or reverse engineering skills.

@GeorgeStorm What is HWBOT going to do about that?

Edited by _mat_

Guest Digg_de
25 minutes ago, _mat_ said:

Hey, thanks for the report. I can't see anything wrong in the logs. What do you do to get the error? Is it reproducible?

I've sent a PM. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried to run BenchMate 0.8.1 multiple times and all I get is a locked/frozen Windows 7.

- i7-8700k installed in a - EVGA z370 Classified K (134-KS-E379) - ? I'm the only one currently benching this model as it's not listed in the data base..

- Windows 7 x64 - I have many Services disabled to cut down on back ground tasks.

- All current drivers installed and updated BIOS. - I also have ALL Current benchmarks (That Give Points) installed. 

- I've reinstalled BenchMate 0.8.1 multiple times and have updated the Video Driver but the computer still freezes soon after starting program. The program gets stuck during the last part of  initializing. - I moved the program from the DL location to a folder on my desktop. This is what I get when I run it from the DL location.

BenchMate_0.8.1_Error.png

Edited by MaddMutt

The problem seems to be related to NVAPI or AMD AGS, both are GPU driver APIs.

Please submit a bug report right after the problem occurs. Just press ok and let the application close. Go to the BenchMate directory and execute bugreport.exe. Thanks!