HWBOT Community Forums

The official BenchMate support thread

Leeghoofd

From what I can gather from the screen, the service executable might be missing. Please have a look at your BenchMate installation path and see if service32.exe is available in the bin subdirectory.

You can also close the application and submit a bug report by starting bugreport.exe.

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread or not. This is really about GPUPI 3.2 and GPUPI 3.3.2. I use the bench to give me a quick GPU core and memory OC. I upgraded HWINFO to latest version which 3.2 does not support. Version 3.2 is also the current one to give points :(

OKAY HERE is my PROBLEM -> I have a GTX-980 KPE and a GTX-980Ti KPE that are in mint condition. When I bench either version of GPUPI, it does not make my memory run @ set speed. Both Video cards have the memory @ 1753 default speed. The GTX-980 runs the bench with the memory @ 1500 and the GTX-980Ti @ 1653. I can set my memory to xxxx but GPUPI still runs it at the slower speed. I hope this is a problem with the program and not my cards.

Thank You For Your Time ?

1669422312_GPUPIMemoryErrorGTX-980.thumb.png.8b31663e94aefc2fa5e7094be937f405.png

35 minutes ago, MaddMutt said:

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread or not. This is really about GPUPI 3.2 and GPUPI 3.3.2. I use the bench to give me a quick GPU core and memory OC. I upgraded HWINFO to latest version which 3.2 does not support. Version 3.2 is also the current one to give points :(

OKAY HERE is my PROBLEM -> I have a GTX-980 KPE and a GTX-980Ti KPE that are in mint condition. When I bench either version of GPUPI, it does not make my memory run @ set speed. Both Video cards have the memory @ 1753 default speed. The GTX-980 runs the bench with the memory @ 1500 and the GTX-980Ti @ 1653. I can set my memory to xxxx but GPUPI still runs it at the slower speed. I hope this is a problem with the program and not my cards.

Thank You For Your Time ?

This is not gpupi problem, its nvidia driver "feature". Cuda is compute so the driver sets p2 instead of p0, which results in full core clocks but lower mem clocks.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bigblock990 said:

This is not gpupi problem, its nvidia driver "feature". Cuda is compute so the driver sets p2 instead of p0, which results in full core clocks but lower mem clocks.

Exactly.

There is also a GPUPI support thread, which would have been a better place to ask this. You're sadly not using BenchMate judging by your screen.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

BenchMate 0.9 is here!

After six weeks of (absolutely necessary) legwork I'm finally releasing the next major version of my Benchmark Verfication Software. All reported bugs have been fixed, a good part of the benchmark integration rewritten. I also put more effort into supporting Windows 7 and have extensively tested it on multiple platforms.

If you like where this is going, spread the word and bench your stuff with BenchMate whenever possible. This is the most secure, reliable and trustworthy option to present your overclocking achievements. ?

DownloadChange Log | Donate

Edited by _mat_
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So I'm still getting a timer skew on Win 10 Ent with my 1950X. Has anyone else seen this issue with their first gen ryzen chips, Zen+, or second gen?

I tried both BCDedit /set useplatformclock true and false, no effect.

After I went to 0.9.2, I stopped getting the popup about the timer skew, but it still failed and gave no score. I tried the standalone installer of it to the same result.

Worked fine on Win 7, but that heavily gimps scores compared to Win 10 (like 35-40% lower multi-core score). https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/20741

This is compared to someone who got this score with a 1950X on a Zenith Extreme with Win 10 Pro: https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/2785

Any help figuring out why I'm getting this issue would be nice, along with if anyone else with any generation Ryzen on Windows 10.

Best regards,

AJC

5 minutes ago, keeph8n said:

Run multiple 2000 series TR4 chips with no issues using BenchMate. Haven’t tried newest version as of yet, but will this week 

Please check out the behavior BEFORE activating GB5 in the new benchmate. So far, it was primarily GB5 that said something about the timer skew. After the notifications stopped popping up about the timer skew on GB5 (after I had installed the stand alone), it did show a timer skew one time in benchmate.

Rest of the scores come up fine, except the program never pops open the browser to upload the results (which may be because the program is still reading some form of timer error).

I haven't fully run down what is going on yet, but have posted here and at GB about it. But I'd like to rule out it being just my rig by having others play with it related to Ryzen.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, ajc9988 said:

Please check out the behavior BEFORE activating GB5 in the new benchmate. So far, it was primarily GB5 that said something about the timer skew. After the notifications stopped popping up about the timer skew on GB5 (after I had installed the stand alone), it did show a timer skew one time in benchmate.

Rest of the scores come up fine, except the program never pops open the browser to upload the results (which may be because the program is still reading some form of timer error).

I haven't fully run down what is going on yet, but have posted here and at GB about it. But I'd like to rule out it being just my rig by having others play with it related to Ryzen.

Thank you!

BenchMate 0.9.2 should fix any timer errors. If they still occur, please file a bug report with the screenshot showing the run dialog of GB and the error dialog.

If something else is not working as expected with BenchMate, but working WITHOUT it, please file a bug report within BenchMate right after the run fails and I will have a look at it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, _mat_ said:

BenchMate 0.9.2 should fix any timer errors. If they still occur, please file a bug report with the screenshot showing the run dialog of GB and the error dialog. 

If something else is not working as expected with BenchMate, but working WITHOUT it, please file a bug report within BenchMate right after the run fails and I will have a look at it.

Turns out the mods I have for my work desktop Win 10 Ent, or some software that I use on it, was the issue. Once I put it on my bench thumbdrive, no problems whatever on it or any of the other benchmarks.

Considering I primarily use the bench drive to bench on, it is all good now. I just was honestly expecting GB5 to work on my work modded desktop, but guess it is a different set of mods, slightly.

Once again, thank you for all the work you have done!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently working on the integration of pifast into BenchMate. This poses a new challenge because pifast is a command line tool called with a batch file. It's hard to secure but also not very user-friendly or presentable. So I've built a wrapper this week that allows integration of all command line benchmarks.

Sneak a peek of the first screenshot:

151544478_pifastLauncher.thumb.png.b26c36b8c7aeccbdfdad57bc72b95504.png

Edited by _mat_
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Sent a bug report for 0.93 but...

BugRep.png.a004538b5e6db74b6853e9e41340b440.png

Have them zipped if you need them.

Tried some Benchmate SPi with i5-2410M and the results are really good, especially as it was run with a lot of cut processes on a dual core that depends on only one core being active to achieve highest turbo. :)

Also thanks for the backend tip. I was able to test GB5 using previously mentioned clock problem without having to send bogus results online. GB3,4 and 5 appear vulnerable without Benchmate but perhaps the online validation would come to the rescue?

GB.png.227eb181b935d5883f603316b04332b2.png

First one is normal run with quite a lot of background processes, second one skewed.

Also tried FireStrike with latest sysinfo 5.21

FS.thumb.png.cacf0125ed633220e13b9d82bc1c06f8.png

Normally would expect less than 10k. Again maybe the actual online validation would fail but already too many bogus results uploaded. Particularly annoying are those results that are obviously boosted by a second GPU that although listed in the details is still reported as a single GPU result.

Benchmate nicely picks up these skewed results which otherwise might make it into the listings. Good work