HWBOT Community Forums

ROG Crosshair VIII Hero / FORMULA / IMPACT / DARK HERO / EXTREME LN2 OC Guide

42 minutes ago, KaRtA said:

It should work if you set fclk = to mem clock , so 1600fclk to 3200mem

alternatively, there is a setting in the AMD menus to fix FCLK/UCLK 1:1. 

I think if training isn’t correct it will reduce UCLK to aid. 

Will try this fclk to mem thing.

amd cbs menu nbio settings, xfr enchancement fix is done. but its ineffective 

1 hour ago, KaRtA said:

It should work if you set fclk = to mem clock , so 1600fclk to 3200mem

alternatively, there is a setting in the AMD menus to fix FCLK/UCLK 1:1. 

I think if training isn’t correct it will reduce UCLK to aid. 

yup thanks that worked.

shame the cpu is only good for 1833fclk on air.

vddg 1.06

maybe scales a bit more.

20 hours ago, flanker said:

depends on luck, still 1833 something like cl12 is fine for tests :)

Last time, I tested effectivity on daily cooling, I beat my previosu record and I had -100 MHz on CPU than before.

https://hwbot.org/submission/4306628_flanker_cinebench___r15_ryzen_9_3900x_3492_cb

These seems to be the max from this imc on air.

3667 twkit.png

4466 twkit.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparky's__Adventure said:

Apparently someone got 1933 ratio fclk working on their chip.

Can anybody else get it working?

Its heavily cpu dependant, I think.

I did not even reach 1866 to boot on this 3800x. tried vddg up to 1.175- soc 1.2 - but cldo vddp was auto.

aida benches are not that strong, with a good eff I think read should be well over 60k, as well as copy.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 9:45 PM, Sparky's__Adventure said:

I thought that 2:1 was forced above 1900. Did something change in a recent bios revision? Or was the 1900 limit never the case?

Yes I thought the same. But in Bios you can set fclk above 1900. My chip does 1900 ambient. But I can't get it booting above 1900 fclk set in bios. 

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, mahaudi said:

This is always referred to as VDDG Voltage, but which VDDG Valtage now?

In my Impact Bios there are two VDDG voltages

VDDG CCD Voltage

and 

VDDG IOD Voltage

What is CLDO VDDP Voltage ?

img_20200228_23590033ka4.jpg

Same rail as before but now it's split into two separate planes. Before they were linked, now you can try to lower iod and keep ccd at same voltage as before and see if you can run higher fclk cb free.

27 minutes ago, mahaudi said:

Every time under LN2 after a reboot I have to heat the pot to -88 ° c so that the system can boot up again.

Is there a setting that circumvents this ?

Some can boot again at -170 ° c

I'm unsure as I've never used x570 on Asus but in my testing if a cpu can full pot, it should be able to reboot at full pot and not cbb if your settings are correct, crash or not.

The only time I see a cbb is when I try to change fuclk when full pot, and on some cpu's changing memory clock, albeit rarely.

Edited by l0ud_sil3nc3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just have time to mess with this Zen2 & C8I & C7H again when my TridentZ Neo arrived.

But I have strange issue, have 2 CPUs that can run FCLK 1900 (one at just 1.1vSOC) validated on X570 Godlike & low end board MSI B450 VDH+, passed memtest flawlessly (DDR4-3800 at 1900 FCLK 1:1 UCLK).
Back in Asus board I happen 1866 FCLK wall. At best I boot & see Windows logo start up and then keep rebooting. The other CPU just not pass POST at all (with IF issue POST code appear). And I have like DDR4-4600+ish suicide dual channel. When in the Godlike I hit DDR4-4800 fairly easy.

I've messing with vSOC, VDDG, PCIe Gen, disable enable onboard device, trade NVMe to SATA, Timing, VRM settings, changing DRAM, reflash the BIOS (Tried BIOS flashback & EZ flash). So far no go.
BIOS is official 1302, didn't really want to downgrade the version, as I see the other didn't have the issue, and for try to make the write up of this G.Skill Neo as a Ryzen kit, using the latest BIOS, software that officially available. ?

First I've seen that different board can alter the FCLK speed achieved. ?

Any ideas? 
Thanks. ?

Edited by IvanCupa

On 6/13/2020 at 10:06 AM, IvanCupa said:

Hi, I just have time to mess with this Zen2 & C8I & C7H again when my TridentZ Neo arrived.

But I have strange issue, have 2 CPUs that can run FCLK 1900 (one at just 1.1vSOC) validated on X570 Godlike & low end board MSI B450 VDH+, passed memtest flawlessly (DDR4-3800 at 1900 FCLK 1:1 UCLK).
Back in Asus board I happen 1866 FCLK wall. At best I boot & see Windows logo start up and then keep rebooting. The other CPU just not pass POST at all (with IF issue POST code appear). And I have like DDR4-4600+ish suicide dual channel. When in the Godlike I hit DDR4-4800 fairly easy.

I've messing with vSOC, VDDG, PCIe Gen, disable enable onboard device, trade NVMe to SATA, Timing, VRM settings, changing DRAM, reflash the BIOS (Tried BIOS flashback & EZ flash). So far no go.
BIOS is official 1302, didn't really want to downgrade the version, as I see the other didn't have the issue, and for try to make the write up of this G.Skill Neo as a Ryzen kit, using the latest BIOS, software that officially available. ?

First I've seen that different board can alter the FCLK speed achieved. ?

Any ideas? 
Thanks. ?

Hi Bro

Which cpu do you use? G.SKILL NEO IC b-die?

Can you tell me your setting voltage?

Thank you

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2020 at 4:30 PM, safedisk said:

Hi Bro

Which cpu do you use? G.SKILL NEO IC b-die?

Can you tell me your setting voltage?

Thank you

Have try 3900X, 3950X & 3500X. The 3500X turned out have the best FCLK capability based on MSI. (Just need 1.1v for 1900 FCLK there), the other two need around 1.15v+. ?

G.Skill Neo 3800c14 1.5v kit BDie.
The setting is just to attempt / replicate XMP setting with 1900 FCLK up & running, all auto. Then, passed the memtest, just like I pass with MSI Board.
At C8I vSOC Auto is at 1.1v when running at 1900 FCLK. But I've try up to 1.35v vSOC & messing with VDDG, like I said before.

Just have the workaround few days ago, Load XMP (DOCP) -> set FCLK 1900 -> minimize BCLK 1 step. BOOT, enter OS. Set back the BCLK to 100MHz.
All voltage are auto with this setting, vDIMM is 1.5v set by XMP. Memtest passed.
With another way, I can't POST / enter the OS like previously.

It's works somehow, but must have workaround for this simple requirement & can't just load XMP & set FCLK 1900, that passed flawlessly in the other board, on this WR maker board just bumped me out. ??
Or just the silicon angel not at my side this time.. LoL

Thanks for the response. ?

Edited by IvanCupa
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just tryed 2101 bios from front page, actually that bios is really good, have much better consistency than retail 1302 & 2010 BIOS. Cant pass memtest with other bios, but with 2101 BIOS it works great!

https://hwbot.org/submission/4485452_speed.fastest_geekbench3___multi_core_ryzen_5_3600_36586_points

06-29-2020-16-51-13.Png

Edited by speed.fastest

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all i just get my pc parts i see you have special config bios this is save ? I looking any way to try oc my staff

before i use

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA (AM4)

Crucial Ballistix BL2K8G32C16U4W 3200 MHz, DDR4, 32GB (8GB x4)

and all works at

cpu 4.2 ghz / 1.24 vol

ram 3800 flc 1800

when i update cpu for xt

AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12-Core Processor

ROG CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA (AM4)

Crucial Ballistix BL2K8G32C16U4W 3200 MHz, DDR4, 32GB (8GB x4)

my pc dont start anybody can help me to explain how to oc it ? 

My oc was newbie i jsut change clock ratio and voltage nothing more . This mobo have lots options what i dont know and i just dont use from save.

Regards