HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT TEAM CUP 2019 thread

Leeghoofd

HWBOT X265 4K - 4 - 6 - 8 score (3 scores) 

That bench is brutal on processors. :/ Can we swap it out for something else ... I'd like my processors to last a while

4 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

• Geekbench3 Single core: AM2 platform only (3 scores
  • 3DM03 for Geforce 6 series: (3 scores

We had those hw series last year, what do you think about geforce 7 series and AM2+ ie. original phenoms? Don't think they've been TC for a while :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TAGG said:

We had those hw series last year, what do you think about geforce 7 series and AM2+ ie. original phenoms? Don't think they've been TC for a while :)

I love an am2+ stage, especially cause there is a few loophole cpus that aren't even hard to get (will leave that up for research, but look closely at the phenom list on wiki) 

I like the changes that were made, they seem to adequately answer the suggestions. Only thing I currently wonder about is lga 1151 Ddr3, although I suspect it'll be answered in similar way to last year by stages having sockets specified. Tbh not even sure I don't want to see lake Ddr3 since it would take a lot of work to make it really good

15 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:

I love an am2+ stage, especially cause there is a few loophole cpus that aren't even hard to get (will leave that up for research, but look closely at the phenom list on wiki) 

That's not what i meant :D I know there's 2 deneb chips lost in there, but then again that's probbably why the limit is AM2 (non plus), so theres no ambigious CPUs :D

phenom.PNG

Edited by TAGG

1 hour ago, TAGG said:

That's not what i meant :D I know there's 2 deneb chips lost in there, but then again that's probbably why the limit is AM2 (non plus), so theres no ambigious CPUs :D

phenom.PNG

You know finding loophole hardware is my favorite part of these comps, mainly because unlike actual benching I can do research while bored at work ?

Edited by yosarianilives

31 minutes ago, mickulty said:

Speaking of loophole hardware, is it intended that "3dmark Firestrike integrated Radeon graphics (2 scores) -> max 25 points" would include (or could be interpreted as including) Vega M?

Good question and hopefully the events of last year would convince all that it should be clarified to amd cpu+igp

7 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

your choice how hard you push... never had any issues with the benchmark... It's still OC right...

how hard did you push ?? it is brutal on cpus, many have lost with it trying, if youre in a comp youre guna push arent ya ??

why for the life of me have a dogpile  again, ?? it was a shitfight last time in whatever section , remember all the dramas it caused , i do, , i think its just a waste of time and effort, theres other much better choices than that ?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

your choice how hard you push... never had any issues with the benchmark... It's still OC right...

You are correct with the above.
Just a suggestion - Since it's Intel chips that seems to have problems with it, why not make it AMD only?

At least the apprehension of losing a chip wouldn't be as bad but then again, you are right.

im here to do my best for everything u can and help when i can if i can, i just speak my mind, and im not afraid to say it here or anywhere in real life either  

yes i say things that prob out of order at times, but im australian, shit happens, least im truthful , im happy with that

• Crew
3 hours ago, ozzie said:

why for the life of me have a dogpile  again, ?? it was a shitfight last time in whatever section , remember all the dramas it caused , i do, , i think its just a waste of time and effort, theres other much better choices than that ?

Your choice as a team if you want to run for the extra 25 points in the first 3 stages, one user can bench it all, it doesn't matter, it just needs correct scores/screenies & links. I just want to reward the hoarders if they take the time to do it.... 

For the GB4 bench, remember some stages got changed on the fly so I just swapped  it, can still be changed.

Ofcourse i never push as hard as you Ozzie, FYI for X265 I take the voltage I need to run CBR15, then clock as high up as possible. Usually I end up being about 50-100Mhz less as my CBR15 run, Till now mostly  good enough for top 3 (if I have a good CPU).

in DDR4 there's Port Royal for RTX cards, with 25 points and the IGPU stage with only 2 scores for 25 points, so yes that's intentional (yes the Vega M thing will be avoided, still need to fix something in the Dbase after the socket 4770K bug I found yesterday)

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 2

i get that alby, no probs, when youre in a comp you go for it, thats what comps are designed for, whos got the balls to go on with it and take risks with it, if you loose you loose, so bet it, if you win or do better then so be it the same ?

my point still stands alby for me , others can say their piece  sure, their opinon, dogpile is just as the name suggests for mine ?