HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT TEAM CUP 2019 thread

Leeghoofd

can I hear a D...an O...G...dogpile!

Different angle but I think a very relevant stage...teamwork, effort and AMD vs Intel with the chip releases. I like it!

The DDR split is interesting ;)

I am looking forward to it anyway, thanks for again putting in the effort!!

Edited by 12AX7
slight feedback adjustment
  • Like 1

This is more a database side thing but will the 12nm Picasso (raven 'shrink') iGPUs be separated from their 14nm Raven Ridge equivalents?  Annoyingly they're all still called "Vega 8", "Vega 11" etc.  This would affect the DDR4 Radeon iGPU stage.

On 7/20/2019 at 9:19 PM, ground1556 said:

Nope there are a couple ddr3 boards.

@mickulty I mean I would be all up for that, but also for 1156 anything (hasn’t been in TC since at least 2014 if not longer) or memory frequency. Right now 1156 is irrelevant besides dogpile stage but even then little point running that cold...

I also would like to vote for a 1156 stage.

For example 3dm11 Entry instead only AMD only lga1156 or some.

• Thanks 3

Not a single SP32M stage? System memory restricted to DDR2 on a GPUpi for GPU stage? Dogpile stages? A 3D stage restricted to 7 really expensive cards, but not the 8th compatible card because that's too expensive somehow? 6 repeat stages from last year?

1. DDR1 3DM01 AMD only
  2. DDR2 CB11.5
  3. DDR3 3DM11 AMD only
  4. DDR4 Geekbench dualcore
  5. DDR4 Firestrike APU
  6. DDR4 Aquamark AMD only

What is this, a deliberate attempt to kill off comps once and for all?

You'd think that a 27-stage comp would have something for everyone but this TC has managed to circle the square, against all odds :(

Edited by unityofsaints
  • Confused 1

• Crew

Well next time speak and be heard in the design thread...  adn yes you must be right,  the less people that compete the earlier I can go on vacation...  ow only 6 stages carbnon copy now out of 27,.... sweet dreams

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, unityofsaints said:

Not a single SP32M stage? System memory restricted to DDR2 on a GPUpi for GPU stage? Dogpile stages? A 3D stage restricted to 7 really expensive cards, but not the 8th compatible card because that's too expensive somehow? 6 repeat stages from last year?

1. DDR1 3DM01 AMD only
  2. DDR2 CB11.5
  3. DDR3 3DM11 AMD only
  4. DDR4 Geekbench dualcore
  5. DDR4 Firestrike APU
  6. DDR4 Aquamark AMD only

What is this, a deliberate attempt to kill off comps once and for all?

You'd think that a 27-stage comp would have something for everyone but this TC has managed to circle the square, against all odds :(

It is kinda sad to see no 32m but the repeat stages are repeat cause they're too good to not revisit

• Confused 1

Earlier in another thread I had suggested a 32M Super PI stage for DDR/754 due to the challenge it would pose.

It's hard enough to maxout a result already, if lacking dual channel it's even tougher.

However this goes is fine, it's not up to me anyway except whether to play or not.

Edited by Bones

On 7/20/2019 at 5:58 PM, Leeghoofd said:

DDR1: (server cpus allowed)

• Unigene Basic Heaven: 1 core CPU  (3 scores) Missing restrictions? Surely it should be specifying either a GPU socket or series of GPUs?
  • 3DM2001: AMD only  (3 scores) Missing restrictions? Surely it should be specifying either a GPU socket or series of GPUs?
  • CB 2003  (3 scores) Missing restrictions? Surely it should be specifying either a CPU socket or a certain architecture?
  • Reference frequency  (3 scores) Missing restrictions? Surely it should be specifying either a CPU socket or a certain chipset?

DDR2: (server cpus allowed)

• Black Hole: AM2 platform only (3 scores) Not a fan of buggy benches, but it's only one stage so it doesn't really matter if it gets bugged massively.
  • Cinebench R11.5: (3 scores) Missing restrictions? Surely it should be specifying either a CPU socket or a certain architecture?
  • 3DM Ice Storm : VALID verification link required (not unrecognised CPU or other stuff, only VALID counts) (3 scores) Missing restrictions? Surely it should be specifying either a GPU socket or series of GPUs?

DDR3: (server LGA 771 cpus up to 6 cores allowed) Do you mean LGA1366 Xeons up to 6 core? There aren't any 6 core LGA771 CPUs.

@Leeghoofd I'm a bit confused as most of these stages seem very open in terms of HW? Notes in red.

25 minutes ago, Noxinite said:

@Leeghoofd I'm a bit confused as most of these stages seem very open in terms of HW? Notes in red.

i think for the ddr3 stage it means for that whole stage you are only allowed to used upto 6 core cpus, as some sandy and ivy and haswell xeons would be 8-15 cores and use ddr3. not the 6 cores are allowed for 771 :P 

Edited by Jumper118
  • Thanks 1

• Crew
1 hour ago, ground1556 said:

Please clarify for ddr3 - xeons are allowed if they are 6 Cores or less? Binning 1366 IMCs is gonna be close to impossible otherwise...

Xeons are allowed up to 6 cores, I added a lot of limitations to the compo itself

3 hours ago, Noxinite said:

A lot of open hardware yes, not gonna limit too much in socket or manufacturer, Some will like it, others will complain that competitors will use his 980ti or 1080 in many stages... one can not always win I guess.

Changed the DDR2 Black Hole to SuperPI 32M.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

Xeons are allowed up to 6 cores, I added a lot of limitations to the compo itself

A lot of open hardware yes, not gonna limit too much in socket or manufacturer, Some will like it, others will complain that competitors will use his 980ti or 1080 in many stages... one can not always win I guess.

Changed the DDR2 Black Hole to SuperPI 32M.

Thanks for the clarification.

Edit: Oh, also what are we doing about adaptors?

Edited by Noxinite

On 7/20/2019 at 6:58 PM, Leeghoofd said:

CB R15 (3 scores) -LGA1156 (server cpus allowed)

Quick suggestion gauging interest - would it be more popular if its 2C/4T/8T instead of 4c8t for all 3 subs (which would be unavoidable otherwise)? Not sure how that would go for moderation though... Either way, I'm happy to see 1156 :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noxinite said:

Thanks for the clarification.

Edit: Oh, also what are we doing about adaptors?

I assume it should be same as things like s775 spanning ddr1-3, as long as the cpu's socket doesn't transgress the limitations (s771 in s775 is still a s771 cpu) and the memory type is correct it will be allowed. I don't think I've ever seen an adapter cpu count as the motherboard socket instead of the cpu socket.