HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT TEAM CUP 2019 thread

Leeghoofd

For DDR4 Stage 6 the limitation says use 24 cores in total, shouldn't that say "up to 24 cores?" because with the aditional limitations of no 3647 cpus and no xeons there's only one 24 core that's quallified, but you need 3 scores?

• Crew

just a reminder for most Futurmark.UL benchmarks:

A VALID link futuremark link is required, thus no fiddling with the drivers, (no unrecognised processor, VGA or driver stuff) VALID only!!. Verify your scores in due time!!!!

For the Systeminfo: 5.18 or newer allowed

Hope all is okay now and most users are comfortable with the setup, Country Cup will be more diverse (I guess :p)

7 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

just a reminder for most Futurmark.UL benchmarks:

A VALID link futuremark link is required, thus no fiddling with the drivers, (no unrecognised processor, VGA or driver stuff) VALID only!!. Verify your scores in due time!!!!

For the Systeminfo: 5.18 or newer allowed

Hope all is okay now and most users are comfortable with the setup, Country Cup will be more diverse (I guess :p)

So this means so beta drivers, only whql drivers. This hurts ayymd as 3dmark usually only validates super old drivers. 

5 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

2080 super added to the exclusion list, for Titan Pascal, I'm sure it is beatable by a good OCed 1080ti

I'm trying to prevent the stage being 1080ti+titan x pascal +titan xp

4 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

For everybody the same game, if it hurts you, it also hurts another, that sounds fair to me :P

if a team can gather them cards, good for them… we can't keep on excluding all the Titans, we have to move on at some point right....

We'll see if the single card requirement means that r/oc isn't the only team with optimal card list then. I know last year we only got there with crowdsourcing.

Just now, yosarianilives said:

Technically no, but the most competive cards are.

Radeon VII hasn't been pushed but should be close enough to the Titan X Pascal even based on the results that are up.  The good Radeon VII scores even beat bad Titan Xp scores.

Stage is fine IMO, I actually like how it's been set up because we could see different sets of hardware competing very closely with one another.  Could certainly ban more hardware to knock the cost down but that's what all the DDR1, 2 and 3 stages are for.

14 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

So this means so beta drivers, only whql drivers. This hurts ayymd as 3dmark usually only validates super old drivers. 

I'm trying to prevent the stage being 1080ti+titan x pascal +titan xp

Futuremark/UL is already up to pretty recent drivers for the the never GPUs:

AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.7.2

• For Radeon RX 5000, VII, RX Vega, RX 500, RX 400, Pro Duo, R9 Fury, R9 300, R9 200, R7 300, R7 200, R5 300 and R5 240 series.
  • For Radeon R9 M300, R9 M200, R7 M300, R7 M200, R5 M300 and R5 M200 series.
  • For Radeon HD 8500-8900, HD 7700-7900, HD 8500M-8900M and HD 7700M-7900M series.

Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 19.Q2

• For Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, Pro SSG, Pro Duo, Pro WX, Pro V, FirePro W and FirePro S series

Radeon Software 15.7.1

• For Radeon R5 235X, R5 230, R5 220, HD 8000-8400, HD 7000-7600, HD 6000, HD 5000, HD 6000M and HD 5000M series.

Catalyst 13.1 Legacy

• For Radeon HD 4000, HD 3000 and HD 2000 series.
  • Like 1

give em a break will yas, honestly, you all know how the team cup works, there will be hiccups, like any comp held, put yourself in their position, would you wanting to answer every damn silly question that comes forward

deal with what has been put up, (you know what it is anyway) , do your best at it,  if its not working then it will be changed like every other damn comp and year they have been held

stop  whinging and being pussies

Edited by ozzie

32 minutes ago, Digg_de said:

There are Mainboards for Dunnington with PCIe Slots? Maybe with 2/4 Sockets?

Yes they're all mp boards, however ought to work in UP config. Nice thing is you still technically get quad channel memory even with single cpu, even if the fsb link to those channels isn't as wide as the memory bus itself, although I'm now realizing that all the boards use ddr2 fbdimms which for some reason doesn't count as ddr2 in the db.

Edited by yosarianilives