HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT TEAM CUP 2019 thread

Leeghoofd

• Crew

no time Scotty, I arranged a one day team session for covering both the DDR1 and DDR2 round.  The other rounds were not being completed as some only started benching on sunday, discovering that their mainboards were dead... sigh...

Team Cup requires dedication and discipline especially if you only have a few active members left,  On top of that failing to properly coordinate and communicate, even with an online to-do-list beats me.

Anyway I had tremendous fun with DDR1 and DDR2, cheap gear and much tweaking potential :)

I'm all open for suggestions for Country Cup 2019

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

I enjoyed the dogpile stage, I don't know how much others would like to see it but I think a dogpile stage for country cup would be fun. Since CC tends to be memory type agnostic perhaps a gpu based dogpile with a dx9 bench like 3dm05?

Other than that I think a 32m stage, a gpupi stage, an igp stage, and a mixed core count stage (ie; amd 1-2-3-4-5-6-8 core wprime) would be nice to see.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

Shame our team kinda took a nap this year, but then again there was a lot going on internally. I'm just glad that I managed to almost single-handedly hold the ddr2 dogpile, was a lot of work.

Well done to everyone, saw some truly crazy scores and lots of hard work from everyone.

That ddr2 dogpile was a epic effort. B| its a shame i didnt have a better ddr2 amd board or i would have given you a run for you monies, i stopped benching my amd chips cos that crosshair was driving me insane.  

1 hour ago, avalanche said:

Ambient cooling stage for the rest of us. OR what's the point. Our scores get smashed LN2

rubbish excuse :P get a cascade/ss/dice if you cant get ln2, then you might be able to keep up at least. 

15 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

That ddr2 dogpile was a epic effort. B| its a shame i didnt have a better ddr2 amd board or i would have given you a run for you monies, i stopped benching my amd chips cos that crosshair was driving me insane.  

Just boring night shifts with nothing better to do at work :P Once I found good mem settings it went really fast, basically just see if the chip will do 4 ghz at 1.55v and 2.8 nb at 1.45v, maybe dial a little but mostly moving on. The only thing that slowed me down was trying to unlock cores and cache which was middling success.

6 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

no time Scotty, I arranged a one day team session for covering both the DDR1 and DDR2 round.  The other rounds were not being completed as some only started benching on sunday, discovering that their mainboards were dead... sigh...

Team Cup requires dedication and discipline especially if you only have a few active members left,  On top of that failing to properly coordinate and communicate, even with an online to-do-list beats me.

Anyway I had tremendous fun with DDR1 and DDR2, cheap gear and much tweaking potential :)

Idd whe faild to coordinate and communicate even whit a dedicatet CC whatssap chat outside ower normal teamchat.
For me this year CC was hard , but whit alot of fun. it even works a bit as a terrapy and escape from all the .... that happens in the last 4 months

For CC 2019 you know me ;) 
Some dual cpu love limit to socket 1366 and below , even whit a temp / speed / core count limit its ok for me :) 
But not gone happen  :( 

congrats to all

Edited by skulstation

6 hours ago, Jumper118 said:

rubbish excuse :P get a cascade/ss/dice if you cant get ln2, then you might be able to keep up at least. 

lol, youre in the uk mate, down here ive been looking for 5 yrs for a ss, cascade, like hens teeth, and no one here makes them either , get hold of one in europe and the postage is 1000$, ive seen quite a few on here for sale , the postage kills it, and if something goes wrong with it and needs replacing theres no one here that knows anything about them to do it, so its a lose lose situation, can get dice tho, and thats an hour round trip too if i went that way

40 minutes ago, ozzie said:

lol, youre in the uk mate, down here ive been looking for 5 yrs for a ss, cascade, like hens teeth, and no one here makes them either , get hold of one in europe and the postage is 1000$, ive seen quite a few on here for sale , the postage kills it, and if something goes wrong with it and needs replacing theres no one here that knows anything about them to do it, so its a lose lose situation, can get dice tho, and thats an hour round trip too if i went that way

Talk to an hvac tech, if they say they can't figure it out they're lying or don't know anything about hvac. I'd be surprised that nobody in all of Aus knows how to work on air conditioning units. Ss/cascade is just a miniature version. 

3 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:

Talk to an hvac tech, if they say they can't figure it out they're lying or don't know anything about hvac. I'd be surprised that nobody in all of Aus knows how to work on air conditioning units. Ss/cascade is just a miniature version. 

ive rung many mate,  and in sydney, theyve  all said they dont know anything about it, or not interested to know anything about it probably more like, if i undesrtood more about them and how they work id built the bloody thing myself

On 10/2/2019 at 7:20 AM, ozzie said:

In 5 years you could have learnt to make one yourself. this is basically like saying people who live upsidown are not capable of learning, we must have one made for us..... Not like we asking you to design elon musk grade mars rocket, there must be millions of ac units and repair shops.