HWBOT Community Forums

Heavy score weighted server 20 core processors

The recent banter I swapped with ADVenturePO member was very funny. Dude has never been on my radar before though. 

He perhaps considers himself a worthy adversary of Enthusiasts page1. https://hwbot.org/career/enthusiast?offset=-1

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/adversary

Lets examine that shall we. :)

https://hwbot.org/user/nata_58/#Points

The #1 enthusiast enjoys his ranking with some nice highest 20 & 30 point scores. Sounds fair right? A nice score I consider a job well done is 20 points earned.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So what's up with this? O.o Member enjoys a inflated front page ranking due to massive GLOBALS no other enthusiast can achieve. Extreme LN2 weighted advantage :ph34r:

https://hwbot.org/user/adventurepo/

How so Avalanche you ask? Curious are we?

http://www.mediafire.com/view/z4qkk178mqfeb6b/1%284%29.jpg/file

z4qkk178mqfeb6b7g.jpg

I've flagged these in red. Then some others in green where the professional parts are weighed heavier than consumer parts.

His 16 core " that is a decent 16 core anyway " makes 21 points. But a 20 core makes 93 points then 91 points

ADVenturePO enjoys an easy 120 points boost to his ranking here. Just x2 scores :P

Want to battle me OR other enthusiasts overclockers ... then lets have a fair playing field where we are evenly matched similar hardware.

Look into this please Moderators ... something stinks with these scores  ... no other enthusiast can achieve 

16 minutes ago, zeropluszero said:

subscribed for ludicrious Shane thread.
paging @ozzie

zero, seriously ,  i didnt know you pined for me so much, how sweet lol,

you know you should really give up trolling for no reason, , youre not good at it, never were,intentional or not,  please dont give up what ever day job you have and what ever dickhead pays you to do it for a living, and to try be a comedian here , youll be more broke than you are already are  now ?

Edited by ozzie

2 hours ago, GeorgeStorm said:

Points are based on the popularity of a benchmark with a sharp increase for the top scores. Not really sure what you're complaining about?

No not really. If you look around 5Ghz to 5.5Ghz ghz processor speeds then a good enthusiasts score is like 50 points even with dual gpu's

This type of score is weighed heavily ... biggest most expensive parts win. Gpu's like that $8000AU

_______

But a score that is still good " better IMO " similar cpu speeds & volt modded gpu's makes 44 points

https://hwbot.org/submission/3366844_mat_agnesi_3dmark06_2x_radeon_hd_3870_gddr4_30914_marks

image_id_1731354.jpeg

It;s just expensive parts ADVenturePO has over every other enthusiast page 1. 230 point advantage 3x scores now.

... and it will go on while he can rort it. Not actually the overclocking I enjoy watching these members do!

2 hours ago, ozzie said:

zero, seriously 

Ozzie I can handle floppy ears zero easy, thanks for the effort though. Everyone knows others do his OC for him xD

• Members

You're comparing global and hardware points. Global points often require newer/more expensive hardware as you're being compared to all hardware of that 'type'.

The fastest ever score in a benchmark with any 4 GPUs, is given more points than the fastest score in a benchmark with 4 specific GPUs as you're competing against more people. As you can see by the hardware points given on each score.

• Like 1

Those x3 scores are massive George. Anyone here would he happy getting them me included. 

What I'm comparing to is scores made by Enthusiast page 1. Either side of the points global/ hardware you can see 40's is big.

Are we all to buy 4x $2000AU gpu's to stay competitive? to amass that kind of points advantage ^210 we'd need 15x strong scores

On the other point i was making. He's running unique hardware too, server with 20 cores ... I do know the effort for doing it,

should be rewarded. BUT!

https://hwbot.org/submission/4034488_adventurepo_cinebench___r15_core_i9_7960x_4383_cb

That's easy 2.6K here that processor & most enthusiast would be happy to afford it, does R15 4383. 21 points.

Then ol mates 20 core smashes it. 1000 score down R15 & 450% over the top reward

https://hwbot.org/submission/3542488_adventurepo_cinebench___r15_xeon_e5_2679_v4_3347_cb

I am seriously trying to understand what is the issue with this member's submissions.

DEEP POCKETS always have a serious advantage.

We have had ( and still do ) several cases like this. With the most profound being H20 vs LN2.

Others used the servers at their place ( company ) of work to make submissions.

No one can and will restrict "deep pockets" from making submissions. 

• Thanks 1

https://www.google.com/search?q=gold+weighing+scales&rlz=1C1CHBF_enAU852AU852&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwijqL-a7c_jAhUk7HMBHWFVClUQ_AUIEigC&biw=1407&bih=747#imgrc=XeQwzONvdRn6XM:

... and you are right. It's deep pockets indeed. While the rest of enthusiasts use potato's.

It's fine. Not a fair playing field based on effort or skill. I'll concede that. 9_9 

Moving along it's a no win. ;)

• Members

If you want to get points in those categories then yes.

With unusual core counts, a new release can result in relatively easy too scores, and as there's a sharp increase for the top spots, you can end up with a large number of points per score.

Global points are done per core count for multithreaded benchmarks, so the fact the r15 is less doesn't matter. Compare 1st with 20 cores to 1st with 4, 1st with 4 is worth more despite is being a much lower score.

Money has always played a role in hwbot, one that's difficult to remove. There are still plenty of points to be had without needing the latest and greatest hw :)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, avalanche said:

It's fine. Not a fair playing field based on effort or skill. I'll concede that

Man, to get skill in something you will need to pay with your money and time. Why making drama when someone uses hardware that will get him nice boints? Look from the other side - his investments of thousands $$ will become nothing in next 2-3 years. Just find you own way to get the same points or move to a different league.

Massive investments? Yeah I don't know ... borrow parts maybe & does a score with it.

Think back to a Gtx 580 ... that was $500 retail in Australia. Now $2K for the big Gpu ... inflation or raping. Zero likes that word I bet.

_______

Would like to think Enthusiasts deserve their ranking. Some of these dudes I've seen do damn good scores. 

16 minutes ago, GeorgeStorm said:

Money has always played a role in hwbot, one that's difficult to remove. There are still plenty of points to be had without needing the latest and greatest hw :)

Your a good guy George ... I'm seeing your points of views ... I'm done here :) Moving on.

Yes money wins ... but that much? If ol mate AdventurePO is 1500 in Enthusiasts he'll be a 1300 on effort. Carry on :P

Guest Digg_de
2 hours ago, avalanche said:

Massive investments? Yeah I don't know ... borrow parts maybe & does a score with it.

You can also "buy" 4x RTX 2080 via invoice, bench them and send it back. ?

Ha :D Not gonna happen champ. Try and walk the right path aaaaall your life.

Cpu no worky RMA ... just no. Do the best with what you have is ...

Guest Digg_de
15 minutes ago, avalanche said:

Ha :D Not gonna happen champ. Try and walk the right path aaaaall your life.

Cpu no worky RMA ... just no. Do the best with what you have is ...

Owning or working in a PC Shop can be a advantage, too. I just mean you dont have to buy all this expensive HW in some reasons. At least when you bench them "stock" w/o any HW Mods.

6 minutes ago, Digg_de said:

Owning or working in a PC Shop can be a advantage, too. I just mean you dont have to buy all this expensive HW in some reasons. At least when you bench them "stock" w/o any HW Mods.

Not what I signed up for my man HWbot thought it was for overclocking. I like effort & I like seeing it in others scores. :) 

Guest Digg_de
1 minute ago, avalanche said:

Not what I signed up for my man HWbot thought it was for overclocking. I like effort & I like seeing it in others scores. :) 

Absolutly, but unfortunanetly you can't exclude the Pay2Win Part.