HWBOT Community Forums

Binning data request

1 hour ago, Mythical tech said:

My luck with my i7 920 was shit. 4.65 in 32m. I have three more coming but the first two were awful.

what temps and voltage?

edit: you are stuck at 221, any chance you aren't in slow mode and your pcie is untouched? you need roughly bclk*0.45 pcie to get beyond 221ish BCLK (eg 118 for 261)

Edited by ground1556

8 minutes ago, Mythical tech said:

I was running 115 pcie and slowmode. I was able to get cpu up to 250 bclk with the multi dropped. 

damn, thats a really bad core. I usually wouldn't even bother testing further if a chip can't do 32m at 21*214 with 1.4V on air, and even then its a tough sell to bother taking cold, currently I don't bother with anything that can't do 4.5/1.3V, for 920s and W3520s 4.5/1.25V now that I've binned a decent number of chips.

If anyone wants to get into 1366 xeons, in particularly the 32nm low multiplier ones - don't buy batches from 2010. I just went through over 100 of them tonight and only 2 could do 250+ bclk on air. With batches from 2011 I had close to 50% of tested chips manage that...

6 hours ago, ground1556 said:

damn, thats a really bad core. I usually wouldn't even bother testing further if a chip can't do 32m at 21*214 with 1.4V on air, and even then its a tough sell to bother taking cold, currently I don't bother with anything that can't do 4.5/1.3V, for 920s and W3520s 4.5/1.25V now that I've binned a decent number of chips.

If anyone wants to get into 1366 xeons, in particularly the 32nm low multiplier ones - don't buy batches from 2010. I just went through over 100 of them tonight and only 2 could do 250+ bclk on air. With batches from 2011 I had close to 50% of tested chips manage that...

There is also a chance I just do not know what I am doing. I am going to buy a prebinned chip to see if I can get the same or at least close results to see if it is me doing something wrong or if the chip was just bad.

14 minutes ago, ObscureParadox said:

I need to know your source that allows you to get 8 kits for $20....... 

Try 7-7-6-20 @1.65v 32M stability and work from there :)

A local cl listing, I think they must looked up the cost of ddr3 and don't realize what kits they have. They are Kingston ones and I have heard that they are not the best but for 20$ I can't pass that up. 

yeah 7-7-6 1.65V, also with how much voltage they scale as well as max freq with trcd 6 and trcd 7. Some kits can do trcd 7 at ~1120 on ambient but thats pretty rare. tRCD 6 the highest I've managed on ambient was 995 32M though I'm sure more is possible with better sticks.

10 minutes ago, TAGG said:

8 Sticks for $20 is even cheaper than what i paid for mine :D

Are they 2k or 2133 sticks?

Killer deal anyways :)

2k I think I will check when I get out of class. I think two of them were 1866 which I think are bbse. How does bbse compare to hypers? 

Edited by Mythical tech

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...