Jump to content
HWBOT Community Forums
Mythical tech

Binning data request

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mythical tech said:

My luck with my i7 920 was shit. 4.65 in 32m. I have three more coming but the first two were awful.

what temps and voltage?

edit: you are stuck at 221, any chance you aren't in slow mode and your pcie is untouched? you need roughly bclk*0.45 pcie to get beyond 221ish BCLK (eg 118 for 261)

Edited by ground1556

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mythical tech said:

I was running 115 pcie and slowmode. I was able to get cpu up to 250 bclk with the multi dropped. 

damn, thats a really bad core. I usually wouldn't even bother testing further if a chip can't do 32m at 21*214 with 1.4V on air, and even then its a tough sell to bother taking cold, currently I don't bother with anything that can't do 4.5/1.3V, for 920s and W3520s 4.5/1.25V now that I've binned a decent number of chips.

 

If anyone wants to get into 1366 xeons, in particularly the 32nm low multiplier ones - don't buy batches from 2010. I just went through over 100 of them tonight and only 2 could do 250+ bclk on air. With batches from 2011 I had close to 50% of tested chips manage that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ground1556 said:

damn, thats a really bad core. I usually wouldn't even bother testing further if a chip can't do 32m at 21*214 with 1.4V on air, and even then its a tough sell to bother taking cold, currently I don't bother with anything that can't do 4.5/1.3V, for 920s and W3520s 4.5/1.25V now that I've binned a decent number of chips.

 

If anyone wants to get into 1366 xeons, in particularly the 32nm low multiplier ones - don't buy batches from 2010. I just went through over 100 of them tonight and only 2 could do 250+ bclk on air. With batches from 2011 I had close to 50% of tested chips manage that...

There is also a chance I just do not know what I am doing. I am going to buy a prebinned chip to see if I can get the same or at least close results to see if it is me doing something wrong or if the chip was just bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have any binning data on hypers for 775. I am able to pick up 8 sticks for 20$ and am planning on testing them for lowest voltage required for 6-6-6 900 mhz, is this a good way to bin them or should I try something else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to know your source that allows you to get 8 kits for $20....... 

 

Try 7-7-6-20 @1.65v 32M stability and work from there :)

Edited by ObscureParadox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ObscureParadox said:

I need to know your source that allows you to get 8 kits for $20....... 

 

Try 7-7-6-20 @1.65v 32M stability and work from there :)

A local cl listing, I think they must looked up the cost of ddr3 and don't realize what kits they have. They are Kingston ones and I have heard that they are not the best but for 20$ I can't pass that up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 Sticks for $20 is even cheaper than what i paid for mine :D

Are they 2k or 2133 sticks?

Killer deal anyways :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah 7-7-6 1.65V, also with how much voltage they scale as well as max freq with trcd 6 and trcd 7. Some kits can do trcd 7 at ~1120 on ambient but thats pretty rare. tRCD 6 the highest I've managed on ambient was 995 32M though I'm sure more is possible with better sticks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TAGG said:

8 Sticks for $20 is even cheaper than what i paid for mine :D

Are they 2k or 2133 sticks?

Killer deal anyways :)

2k I think I will check when I get out of class. I think two of them were 1866 which I think are bbse. How does bbse compare to hypers? 

Edited by Mythical tech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're looking for ~1.25V for 5GHz in SuperPi 32M/wPrime 32m for the really good ones. But then you also need to hope that is has a good CB/CBB.

Edited by Noxinite
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...