HWBOT Community Forums

KaRtA - Ryzen 9 3900X @ 5752MHz - 6min 4sec 557ms SuperPi - 32M

robbo2

Thanks everyone.

It’s a really tricky one on this platform, as scaling just falls away very quickly. If it scaled correctly like my spreadsheets it should have been much faster, but after 5-5.2g it really takes a hit. This run was with 1.5s greater efficiency at 4ghz, but only 0.2s faster at full out.

I tried 4 dimms, but unfortunately The board either doesn’t like mixed PCB types, or I have a bad slot which is most likely the issue. I never had had much success with 4Dimms on this board, and the 1st and 3rd are difficult to get to boot even with 2 dimms. I don’t have any 16gb dimms so cannot test it. 

On 8/25/2019 at 4:03 PM, KaRtA said:

I tried 4 dimms, but unfortunately The board either doesn’t like mixed PCB types, or I have a bad slot which is most likely the issue. I never had had much success with 4Dimms on this board, and the 1st and 3rd are difficult to get to boot even with 2 dimms. I don’t have any 16gb dimms so cannot test it. 

I hear ryzen has a much easier time with 4 sticks of micron rev e than 4 stick of bdie, so if you ran 4 sticks of bdie you may have a bad time.