HWBOT Community Forums

USA GUYS - Gauging Interest Country Cup 2020

So after having an absolute blast at the PA Party put on by Funsoul and crew, I got to thinking about doing an event either in the spring time or for Country Cup. At this time I want to see what kind of interest there is for a Country Cup 2020 party/bench meet/get together whatever you want to call it.

When: Obviously during Country Cup

How Long: 3-5 days probably? 

There are Venues here that have the ability to host anywhere between as little as 25 to more than 250. Ample power available, plenty of LN2 available, and centralized traveling whether driving or flying.

I personally think it would be neat to get all the big name OCs from USA involved as well as those just starting out and make a big event out of it. Letting people watch, maybe have a workshop or two while there, etc. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I'm gonna try to host a weekend bench meet in November at my house for anyone in the Midwest as well as anyone else who wants to travel, although I'm expecting a max of like 5-10 people. If more people show up we'll make room. Is there a weekend in November that works best for ya'll? I'm thinking first or second weekend but am open to non Thanksgiving suggestions. 

Also it'll be byob but I'll probably have some stuff as well ;)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

If you want to meet up in order to comiserate together on how you once again came third in Country Cup that's fine by me ? I just wouldn't plan it this far in advance, it's a bit limiting.

I'm just here to shitpost ?

9 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

Better than some years despite as far as I can see having almost no organization. If you want to see what we have/need PM for spreadsheet and team USA discord lol

See above.

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone need a 5970 for stage 14? I can't even remember but is that the last dual gpu card AMD ever made or were there hotter monstrosities?

I don't need it back alive and def don't want it back if it dies so no holds barred.

Edited by chew*
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TerraRaptor said:

6990, 7990, 295x2, radeon pro vega ii duo - seems every generation until now has some sorts of dual-gpu cards.

So apparently there isn't a vega pro duo but there is a fiji and polaris. The vega dual gpu card is the v340 which doesn't have proper drivers for an OS, it has drivers for esxi and basically is only made for VMs. Lots of other gcn based dual gpu cards from AMD that you haven't mentioned though ;) 

10 hours ago, chew* said:

Anyone need a 5970 for stage 14? I can't even remember but is that the last dual gpu card AMD ever made or were there hotter monstrosities?

I don't need it back alive and def don't want it back if it dies so no holds barred.

I'll take it if no one else wants to run it. I've been trying with a GTX 690 but it always craps out during the second test.