HWBOT Community Forums

WTB budget SS

Mythical tech

There's a Cascade for sale on ebay for 600 or Best Offer. Problem is the sellers history is a bit shaky, tho EBay sides with the buyer 99% of the time. Also not too sure of the build quality, If it's one of the early ones or his personal unit should be fine. I know a few teamates/friends have dealt with him and maybe can chime in

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cascade-CPU-Cooling-System/162622277193?hash=item25dd0b0649:g:KeAAAOSwTiRZiRjY

Some words of caution on Scott. Other than the one on Ebay, I was probably the last person to work with him. Here's the build thread: https://www.overclock.net/forum/133-phase-change/1394585-fsu-souls-build-thread-4.html#/topics/1394585?page=1

The horror story starts on page 7. 

I ended up getting NoL to take care of it for me and, due to really shoddy work, it basically needed a lot of replacement parts and essentially became a new build from scratch. 

Might be ok for someone who lives locally, though as they could hound him as/when things go south.

Edited by funsoul
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, FUGGER said:

I would part with my Kryotech, tandem Americold R507/ICEON89

$1000 plus shipping

Modern block and mounting to current Intel/AMD CPU/GPU sockets.

Its not "budget", its an excellent SS that needs nothing.

1k is definitely out of my price range for a ss, thank you for the offer though. On another note I was told you were the person to ask about building my own single stage, would this compressor cs20k6e-pfv 236 be good for a build?

@FUGGER what would you be interested in trading? I have an e2180 that on air can hit 505 fsb on air at 1.65pll and 3.8ghz ay 1.42vcore it is a good chip one of the best two from 250+ binned but it probably isn't worth a lot of money. I got the compressor for free from work and it is heavy, really heavy so I am hesitent about using it unless it would work better than a smaller one.

Edited by Mythical tech

2 hours ago, Splave said:

Hey bad ass water ac chiller going to get you better temps than a SS in the price range you are looking and hold much better load capacity wise. you could build it into a cooler on wheels or something. 

Ease of portability is the main concern, I am thinking of diching one of the two 15k btu ac'a from my chiller and removing the TECs so I can build it into a wooden box with handles. I am getting a cascade this weekend so for lower temperatures we can use that.