HWBOT Community Forums

Easy removable Isolation.

3urner

Have you benched anything on cold? If not, start with something cheap first... I know a fair lot of people who learned that the hard way.

Plastidip is a pain to remove if not applied in a thick enough layer (spent half a day trying to remove leftovers from an x58a-oc recently), and even then it can be stuck under components and hard to remove. 

Eraser - depending on how flat the surface you are insulating is, can be fairly alright to remove but not exactly fun. 

Vaseline - not too hard to remove with liquid

Shop towel - nothing on the board basically, but I've never had much luck with this, always had condensation issues after a little while

I will start with a old 980 and 1060. For learning to bench sub zero. But Í am just asking in advance. 

How long did it take till you had issues with condensation?  (shop towel isolation)

8 minutes ago, ground1556 said:

Have you benched anything on cold? If not, start with something cheap first... I know a fair lot of people who learned that the hard way.

Plastidip is a pain to remove if not applied in a thick enough layer (spent half a day trying to remove leftovers from an x58a-oc recently), and even then it can be stuck under components and hard to remove. 

Eraser - depending on how flat the surface you are insulating is, can be fairly alright to remove but not exactly fun. 

Vaseline - not too hard to remove with liquid

Shop towel - nothing on the board basically, but I've never had much luck with this, always had condensation issues after a little while