HWBOT Community Forums

X399 Woes

keeph8n

Been running into a lot of issues with X399 and LN2 on the MSI Creation. After about -50C or so I get random system freezes and the like. I have used the “slow mode” jumper and yes it does slow the system down, but doesn’t get rid of not being able to drop the chip down. 

Am I just better suited going with a X399M or Zenith Extreme  Alpha? Both seem to have good LN2 support, or am I really doing something wrong here. 

I'd suggest to try going back to a bios version from around the launch, as sometimes things related to ln2 benching breaks later on and is usually not retested. Also the TR4 socket is problematic on ln2 and pins easily lose contact resulting in memory issues or worse. Slow mode does not help with cold issues. Do you get stuck at any specific post code when trying to boot at below -50?

On 8/31/2019 at 10:18 PM, elmor said:

I'd suggest to try going back to a bios version from around the launch, as sometimes things related to ln2 benching breaks later on and is usually not retested. Also the TR4 socket is problematic on ln2 and pins easily lose contact resulting in memory issues or worse. Slow mode does not help with cold issues. Do you get stuck at any specific post code when trying to boot at below -50?

You da real mvp