HWBOT Community Forums

Some of you guys/girls/transgenders are all talk.

Wow Ozzie, you know how in the past I've kind of insinuated that your a total dick? I take it all back! ?

The only thing I'd say is that despite your idea being good and one that I'd buy into no problem I still think the first order of the day is to ensure accurate and cohesive benchmarks that can't be easily circumvented with cheating and ensures HWbot's integrity as the authority on all things overclocking. After that I think what you are proposing literally naturally just happens... but maybe I'm just being a naive idealist. Probably...

Actually - hmmm - ya... I am.

Still, it still seems like what Matt is working on should be the first order of the day.

Interesting thread title for sure. I was pretty surprised when I clicked on the thread and suddenly read my name. :D
Thanks to your post (and the new update) BenchMate has two new patrons! Thank you, guys!

Financially BenchMate is still in a difficult position. I've just paid another yearly license cost of 500 Euros (~ 550 USD) and that's straight out of my pocket. I myself have thought that something like this is dearly needed and that we would at least got the license cost by now. That's sadly not the case. :(

I will be very open about donations, so here is the current standing:

One-Time Donations: 108.37 Euro (excl. PayPal fees)
Patreon Donations: 43.38 Euro (incl. Patreon fees, excl. payout fees)

So we are currently at about 150 Euro (~164 USD).

• Thanks 1

@_mat_So this isn't a sure thing and if it is going to happen it is a little ways off but here it goes. I am currently doing the paperwork to get me and my friends who overclock to get registered as an official club for the college and get funding. If I receive funding I would be more than happy to give a portion of it to benchmate. 

The sum of donations just got boosted to 354 Euro! :o
There was a very big donation from an HWBOT user. Wow, really amazing! Thank you!

We are getting close to the 500 Euro barrier, which directly translates to one more year of an actively supported BenchMate!

❤️

Edited by _mat_
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, marco.is.not.80 said:

Wow Ozzie, you know how in the past I've kind of insinuated that your a total dick? I take it all back! ?

The only thing I'd say is that despite your idea being good and one that I'd buy into no problem I still think the first order of the day is to ensure accurate and cohesive benchmarks that can't be easily circumvented with cheating and ensures HWbot's integrity as the authority on all things overclocking. After that I think what you are proposing literally naturally just happens... but maybe I'm just being a naive idealist. Probably...

Actually - hmmm - ya... I am.

Still, it still seems like what Matt is working on should be the first order of the day.

geez marco, didnt know you cared so much, :D,  i dont care what people think of me 1 iota, i speak my mind as i see it regardless of the person or the issue

theres always going to be " cheats " that want to try beat the system, to try get that advantage over whomever in whatever benchmark

i see my propsal as a positive way to help bot keep funded and have more available resources to be able to do with for things like the benchmate project matty is working on

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ozzie said:

theres always going to be " cheats " that want to try beat the system, to try get that advantage over whomever in whatever benchmark

But they will have to try A LOT harder with BenchMate. We can't eradicate the problem, but we can raise the bar to a level where it would be less effort to just make the real score.

Right now you can download tool "X" and beat nearly every benchmark out there (except the latest 3DMarks). They have raised the bar high enough so you need at least programming skills.

Edited by _mat_

22 hours ago, _mat_ said:

But they will have to try A LOT harder with BenchMate. We can't eradicate the problem, but we can raise the bar to a level where it would be less effort to just make the real score.

Right now you can download tool "X" and beat nearly every benchmark out there (except the latest 3DMarks). They have raised the bar high enough so you need at least programming skills.

yes mat, programming skills arent everyones everyday forte are they, so hopefully it will help dampen the enthusiasm for them to try it and just carry on and worry about the bench :)

Cheat all you want...I'm not paying for benchmarks. Well...that's the general idea anyway. Though I have been known to pay for one or two in the past. I really hate to though. A whole lot more than I hate turning a blind eye to cheaters. So if it comes down to I have to pay to play...just so cheaters can have a more difficult time cheating...I'm out. I've got plenty of better things to spend my money on.

Never bothered me paying for programs, apps. We all spend heaps on expensive cpu's + gpu's.

LoL the benchmate support is like 5euro a month. I have less working hours atm " bad in fact " low monies. I'm still gonna pay. :P

This Benchmate is the most important thing to come to HWbot like " ever " save that Hwbot database of our precious scores.

_________

Bust your checkbook out you cheap bastard xD Aussie humour, not malicious

Edited by Guest
s in scores ha

3 hours ago, MrGenius said:

Cheat all you want...I'm not paying for benchmarks. Well...that's the general idea anyway. Though I have been known to pay for one or two in the past. I really hate to though. A whole lot more than I hate turning a blind eye to cheaters. So if it comes down to I have to pay to play...just so cheaters can have a more difficult time cheating...I'm out. I've got plenty of better things to spend my money on.

How can you have a name like MrGenius and come away from this with the idea that someone is charging for benchmarks? Please elaborate.

2 hours ago, marco.is.not.80 said:

How can you have a name like MrGenius and come away from this with the idea that someone is charging for benchmarks? Please elaborate.

1. Not a genius IRL. But I play one on the internet...?

2. It's the same old "monetarily support the developer or you're not cool" argument.

3. Which is a slippery slope to all benchmark developers demanding to be paid for their work(or at least for the "full" version).

4. Which eventually leads to more and more, or perhaps even all, benchmarks being P2P(whether "demo/trial" or "full" version).

5. Which is bullshit. 

6. I that what you want? Really?

7. Not me. Like I said...better things to spend my money on than this. I feel bad enough about all the money I've already wasted on it.

Edited by MrGenius

4 hours ago, MrGenius said:

3. Which is a slippery slope to all benchmark developers demanding to be paid for their work(or at least for the "full" version).

7. Not me. Like I said...better things to spend my money on than this. I feel bad enough about all the money I've already wasted on it.

3. Man's got to be paid for his work OR what's the point. There always is a value put on effort

7. Hookers and blo aye xD

@ozzie  ?

@avalanche My points being...a free benchmark is better than a paid benchmark. If for no other reason...because it's free. And the point of doing anything for anyone...for free...is a thing called altruism(or just plain old generosity). It might be nice to get paid for every little thing you did that benefitted someone besides yourself. But that's a pretty shitty world to live in IMO. Case closed.

7 hours ago, MrGenius said:

@ozzie  ?

@avalanche My points being...a free benchmark is better than a paid benchmark. If for no other reason...because it's free. And the point of doing anything for anyone...for free...is a thing called altruism(or just plain old generosity). It might be nice to get paid for every little thing you did that benefitted someone besides yourself. But that's a pretty shitty world to live in IMO. Case closed.

What I can tell you is this. A free benchrmark that is exploitable and can not be trusted (which essentially makes it useless for competition and trending) is far worse than a benchmark that might have required a small fee.

Still, this is not what is happening here - not even close - and in fact, once Benchmate becomes more widely used at the Bot you'll be using it for free because no one is obligated to spend a dime helping with the development of Matt's software. My original post asked the question "why are there are only three people signed up for this project?" You've shared your reason why you won't. What more is there to say?

Well I would hav

1 hour ago, marco.is.not.80 said:

My original post asked the question "why are there are only three people signed up for this project?" You've shared your reason why you won't. What more is there to say?

We'll I would have said he's a tightarse ... being polite today xD tightwad

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tightarse

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tightwad