HWBOT Community Forums

Geekbench 5

_mat_

Okay, 
so if we can't post?
There is a time for everything. If Benchmate is not ready, it must be removed.
If the log works every other time.
I'm sorry to bother you.

Give it the boot already. No one will buy it for making " 0 " points on the bot

As pointed out in other threads ... Benchmate is the best tool now for Win10. So bloody easy.

1x download. Do a bunch of scores, gpupi & cinebench. Upload scores BAM done, very smooth slick interface.

I don’t understand why here some overclockers oppose the use of Geekbench 5? I read the discussion and realized that the benchmark manufacturer did not want cooperation with the author of Benchmate. If the reason is only this, then this is his (manufacturer's right). I can’t find out what's wrong with breaking the rules? The benchmark itself is made by the commander of experienced programmers, previous versions have worked well, I see no reason not to use the 5th version. And with Benchmate, it’s not so simple, it doesn’t work for old systems starting with Windows 98 and higher, the stability of its work is also not always adequate. I pay tribute to the efforts and enthusiasm of _Mat_, but in my opinion it is impossible to keep up with all the innovations and new benchmarks coming out and updated with old ones, here need a team of developers IMHO. And what will happen if _Mat_ ceases to be engaged in Benchmate? Support will stop and everything will freeze. In my opinion, it is easier and more reliable, from a long-term perspective, to use serial products of development companies that are professionally engaged in the production of benchmarks. And since I started to write all this, I want to add that the number of benchmarks used has long reached too much and I personally would have removed some benchmarks (those that are in the beta state, such as BRENNAN, SHZO, SPEEDSYS, etc.) they passed, the frequency of use is also minimal. All of the above is personally my opinion based on more than 10 years of overclocking experience, your opinion may be different from mine.

2 hours ago, max1024 said:

The benchmark itself is made by the commander of experienced programmers, previous versions have worked well, I see no reason not to use the 5th version.

Good one! The "commander of experienced programmers" (whatever the hell that is) wasn't even aware of reliability problems when using certain timer functions in Windows 8 and 10. I also doubt that there will be any solution for Geekbench to mitigate these problems, although it was promised (weeks ago). The commander also publicly stated in the end that he doesn't care if his benchmark is used here. Which implicitly means that he doesn't care about any of our requests as well. So if we have got a problem with competitively benchmarking Geekbench, it will not be fixed.

2 hours ago, max1024 said:

And with Benchmate, it’s not so simple, it doesn’t work for old systems starting with Windows 98 and higher, the stability of its work is also not always adequate. I pay tribute to the efforts and enthusiasm of _Mat_, but in my opinion it is impossible to keep up with all the innovations and new benchmarks coming out and updated with old ones, here need a team of developers IMHO.

Old operating systems as well as very old platforms have no chance of being fixed. They don't have the necessary technical requirements to meet the minimum standard, that I'm trying to create here. For example old platforms are missing timer sources with enough reliability and precision, while XP for instance can't be seriously secured against the many possible attacks. I don't see that as a problem. If you are benching old stuff on old OS versions, just bench like you did before.

Also, if you have any problems with the latest version of BenchMate, please post in the support thread and/or let me know with a bug report. It can't be perfect right out of the womb, that's not possible for such an extremely complex task! But in time it will be good enough to be used with all modern platforms without even thinking about it twice. It will just work, and that's a promise.

As for how many people need to be involved to make this work, I don't think that you have the experience to make an educated guess here. Not to forget that there is about no money at all in this for now, so having a team working on this without any funding is unrealistic (and not necessary at this point). Time will tell and my guess is that there might be opportunities with vendors and their benchmarks. If that happens it's not only the one benchmark with funding that will get improvements. All benchmarks will be improved, even old ones, because every new feature and every bugfix will happen for them as well. That's the beauty of BenchMate. :)

Oh, and in case I die, the source code goes to @Splave. It's already in my will, he will receive a key from my family to access the repositories. And even if that doesn't happen for one reason or another, you can always go back to use the old methods to bench.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, max1024 said:

I don’t understand why here some overclockers oppose the use of Geekbench 5?

Boycott of 1x. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=Boycott&rlz=1C1OWKM_enAU868AU868&oq=Boycott&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I had bought Geek 3,4 before. But I will not continue more purchases giving Geek dollars. :P

I support Mat our " Hwbot software guy " doing benchmate. I was the second member to fund his venture. Pay per month CC

This is the only way to keep new members HWbot benching with Win10. Makes it easy/ fast/ painless to submit scores.

The aftermath of previous threads about Geek in Benchmate. I couldn't care less if Geek has NO points Hwbot or all of it 3,4,5 is completely removed.

A larger boycott of many. 

Edited by Guest

Furthermore.

Benchmate will gain momentum. It's early stages atm. With Y-cruncher to be added.

You will see popularity increase :) More members use it. New members stay on HWbot using Benchmate. With points going to these benches.

There will be little point OR interest in other benches. As low or no points.

Adding beta benches to start off, then the bigger software companies come to Mat + Hwbot to join Benchmate.

All support Mat with the $ dollars $

On 9/29/2019 at 9:12 AM, _mat_ said:

It will just work, and that's a promise.

I presume that means fixing GPUPI 3.3.3. Since it is supported by GB. Yet doesn't work with MANY early processors. Like anything IVB or earlier...so far as I can tell. Which I know you know. But don't seem to give a rat's ass about. For some reason...

So yeah...I just made the jump to Z97 here recently. Tried 3.3.3 again with that....and what do you know...it does actually work! Who knew? Not I anyway. I coulda swore it was a totally broken POS. ?

1 hour ago, MrGenius said:

I presume that means fixing GPUPI 3.3.3. Since it is supported by GB. Yet doesn't work with MANY early processors. Like anything IVB or earlier...so far as I can tell. Which I know you know. But don't seem to give a rat's ass about. For some reason...

GPUPI only works if OpenCL works on the platform/OS and there is support for double precision. There is also a (carefully crafted, but slower) Legacy Version of GPUPI 3.3, that will be necessary on any systems, that can't install OpenCL 2.0.

I also have multiple alpha versions of GPUPI 4 ready, that completely removes the necessity of OpenCL and will run on nearly every x86 system I can think of. But it's not finished yet due to my work on BenchMate, which has much more value for the future of this community and benchmarking in general. I will finish it at some point of course, and I'm actually looking forward to it. It's relatively easy to code in comparison to anything that relates to BenchMate.

But I guess I don't give a rat's ass. <3

2 hours ago, zesen said:

Once used the program on windows 7. It did not work, it is not clear what kind of error, the logs are empty. Why it is impossible to wrap "try catch" and display everything to the user or to the error log

Is this about BenchMate, GPUPI or Geekbench 5?

• 1 year later...