HWBOT Community Forums

Benchmate 10.6.8 is out!! NO MORE SUPPORT FOR GEEKBENCHES!!

Leeghoofd

Only BenchMate 0.9.3 supports Geekbench 3, 4 and 5. BenchMate 0.10.5 is the latest stable release, but too old for Ampere.

Ampere and Vermeer are properly supported with the latest version, BenchMate 0.10.6, currently in beta. It also reintroduces Geekbench 3 with an additional legal disclaimer. It will be released very soon, but if you want to grab it today, it's available for all supporters: https://www.patreon.com/benchmate

Edited by _mat_
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 8:06 AM, _mat_ said:

Only BenchMate 0.9.3 supports Geekbench 3, 4 and 5. BenchMate 0.10.5 is the latest stable release, but too old for Ampere.

Ampere and Vermeer are properly supported with the latest version, BenchMate 0.10.6, currently in beta. It also reintroduces Geekbench 3 with an additional legal disclaimer. It will be released very soon, but if you want to grab it today, it's available for all supporters: https://www.patreon.com/benchmate

We're not interested in having Geekbench integrated in Benchmate.  Seeing that you're re-introducing support is confusing.  I would urge you to reconsider this decision.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have benchmate 0.10.5 and 0.10.6 on my system but taken that it does not support Geekbench I also have 0.9.3 on my system.  Unfortunately when I run benchmate it does not give me the the option to save the result as the button is grey-ed out.  Any idea why this might be happening? 

• Crew

If you read the post before yours you will find the answer. This is a very sensitive topic and I hope people stop asking the same question over and over again for everybody's peace of mind.

Primate labs has updated their Geekbench versions and have updated security. Therefore you don't need BenchMate to run any Geekbench version. Only thing you need to do:  use the latest available version of Geekbench and ensure the run is ticked valid.

Check out the new rules:

GEEKBENCH3 - MULTI CORE (hwbot.org)

GEEKBENCH4 - MULTI CORE (hwbot.org)

GEEKBENCH5 - MULTI CORE (hwbot.org)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Leeghoofd changed the title to Benchmate 10.6.8 is out!! NO MORE SUPPORT FOR GEEKBENCHES!!
6 hours ago, endpunkt said:

finally ? given geek the boot. good news

This doesn't even make sense.

Geekbench isn't going anywhere. Still staying on HWBOT. Geek 3, 4, and 5 actually are all now on HWBOT.

The need/ability to run Geekbench through Benchmate is no longer supported.

Edited by keeph8n

On 12/31/2020 at 11:40 PM, jfpoole said:

We're not interested in having Geekbench integrated in Benchmate.  Seeing that you're re-introducing support is confusing.  I would urge you to reconsider this decision.

Well, as long as i paid for the license i think i am entitled to use your software in a wrapper , sort of way which benchmate is. I have no idea what you are thinking, like you coded a magic piece of software or whatever.   And yes, i paid for 2 licenses so far.

Let me put it this way. You created nothing special, nothing amazing and your last two itinerations of geekbench are just warmed soup. Probably your own way of milking and beating the dead horse. Also i am not really sure how much popular geekbench would had been without hwbot in it's begginings. 

Don't get me wrong, i am a big hater of this software, i think i said that more than once however if people want benchmate then i have to use it as well for points.... 

So, overall, what is your big problem seeing geekbench in benchmate? It's still your software, no one interferes with it, you will get the same money, your wife is not going to leave you for this...what's the problem?  Be a grown-up and spill it out loud and clear.

2 hours ago, Alex@ro said:

So, overall, what is your big problem seeing geekbench in benchmate? It's still your software, no one interferes with it, you will get the same money, your wife is not going to leave you for this...what's the problem?  Be a grown-up and spill it out loud and clear.

I outlined my initial concerns with Benchmate earlier in this thread, and since then we've discovered that Benchmate can cause Geekbench to report unrealistically high scores for some workloads.

Guest endpunkt

I bought Geek 3 and 4 long ago. Same or similar to Alex@ro I found Geek3 and linked from HWbot to D/L.

Not found direct to Primate site whateva.

To be honest I'm not interested in this software. Doubt I've run it in a year? Longer?

Why would I want Geek5? I don't.

But I will support Mat and benchmate. This is important.