HWBOT Community Forums

TerraRaptor - Athlon XP 2600+ (Barton) @ 2905.6MHz - 34sec 239ms SuperPi - 1M

Alpi

Thanks all. I will recheck some of cpus with NF7v2 in next few weeks (NF7 is also strong on fsb and validates 275MHz) to see if Asus board is not limiting me on total cpu clock and will later share my trick to break 260 Mhz with A7N8X.

9 hours ago, GRIFF said:

Voltmod of MCP Is need?

The resistor I use gives the lowest of 2.05v (that is combo of 2 resistors actually) - going to 2.15v worsens stabilty.  I think voltmod is necessary but 2.05v may be unnecessary.

• Like 1

What helps me for stability is modded 3.3V PSU rail and HAL set to "Standard PC". Of course modded bios is a must. Most of my boards don't scale much above 2-2.1V vdd and very often higher voltage hinders the stability. I even have one NF7 that can't do 250+ stable if the vdd is higher than 1.8V.

Interested to see if you know something else :)

PS: Try a locked XP 2500+ if you have one. It's cool to beat unlocked CPUs, just because you run much higher FSB :D

Edit: Ah, you have one.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

1 hour ago, I.nfraR.ed said:

Ah, you have one.

I broke the core of the best one this summer, other 2500+ won't go high enough.

1 hour ago, I.nfraR.ed said:

Interested to see if you know something else

Actually I can share it here - bus 0 dev 0 func 3 offsets 66 and 68 - set both to C7 or 07 (haven't yet bothered to identify the exact bit - although should be simple - just one of those 2 bits in 11xx0111 sequence with xxxx0xxx being mandatory). Don't know what it is exactly - was bruteforcing it in wpcredit - with zero impact on performance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks. Have you checked if those are set differently on other boards?

I'm still trying to finish the ZenStates release and then will probably play with K7 and K8 a little.

I have DFI Ultra-B, NF7, AN7 - could check on all of them, but it requires some free time.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed