HWBOT Community Forums
Splave

Time to enforce bench mate for AMD in windows 10

Now is the time. 16 core and new 12 core cpus coming soon from AMD and then new thread ripper.... This is the time to start fresh. Benchmate should be require if using windows 10 simple. No more points disabled nonsense (that doesnt even work). Points should be enabled! 

If the score is not benchmate in windows 10 it should be flushed. Benchmate category should removed and the results should go directly into the REAL category. 

If it remains the way it is now, there is no point in even competing. A possible insecure score even if not getting points is pushing scores that are proven secure to go down in rank. Removing scores that are not benchmate and enabling points fixes this issue directly. 

If rich is not available as it seems (lol), then atleast require benchmate with screenshot style until api can be accessed for direct submission. 

TLDR:

Enable points for AMD on windows 10 using benchmate

Allow benchmate to submit directly to the REAL categories. 

Rankings are fixed by doing so and AMD users are allowed to submit freely with points.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

As before, enforcing Benchmate for new HW going forward is a good idea as it levels the playing field (in case of efficiency loss).

Enforcing Benchmate on already released HW I'm not so sure about. I guess if the HW can't run Win7 then nothing is lost by applying this retroactively - as all current results on Win10 are potentially invalid.

we need more support Allen for the other legacy benchies (wprime, pifast,...) is that clocktool ready? 

Do you see what's happening though? Then this becomes oh well what do we do with the old results on ryzen 3. Well let's leave them and only enforce going forward. Then some results are held to stricter standards than others. We need to move forward on this not sit on our thumbs. 

Imo remove submission options to sub ryzen 3 at all then unless it's windows 7 like every other platform that has the issue. If someone goes back and uses windows 10 and takes all the 4700k gold medals I'm pretty sure those would be removed as well. If they are allowed to sub all 4700k golds in windows 10 but use the remove points option the guy who has legit subs gets screwed with second place points. That's what's going on with global 12 core scores currently and will happen with 16 core in a month. 

Easy fix enforce benchmate. Give them legit points with legit proven results. Just because some benchmarks aren't supported is no reason to delay starting. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

we need more support Allen for the other legacy benchies (wprime, pifast,...) is that clocktool ready? 

pifast is nearly done. wPrime, can't get ahold of the dev.

But I don't see that as a limitation at all. More benches will be added over time, what does this have to do with how we are handling already supported ones? Better have a fix than have nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm all for this tbh. I have to use Win10 as the two current X399 boards that I have, do not have support/ability to run Win7.

I'm more than ok with using BenchMate and I have been a huge supporter of the program since it has come to light.

@_mat_ if you need anything from me going forward, please do not hesitate to ask. I will be more than happy to test anything I can for you and if you need more than what I'm committed to now, please let me know and I'll make sure to increase the support.

• Thanks 1

This is literally the only way forward. I think Splave summarized it well, the current system is completely broken for AMD.

If some benchmarks are not compatible yet, such as wprime, then they simply cannot be used. As is stands now there are 2 multi-thread global benchmarks which are technically legal (GPUPI 1B and X265 4K)... TWO LEGAL BENCHES PEOPLE   If we enforce benchmate requirement then we have hope for the future. I am fully on board with this and you should be too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mllrkllr88 said:

This is literally the only way forward. I think Splave summarized it well, the current system is completely broken for AMD.

If some benchmarks are not compatible yet, such as wprime, then they simply cannot be used. As is stands now there are 2 multi-thread global benchmarks which are technically legal (GPUPI 1B and X265 4K)... TWO LEGAL BENCHES PEOPLE   If we enforce benchmate requirement then we have hope for the future. I am fully on board with this and you should be too!

With Benchmate it'll go from two to what? 6? 8? Quite a big improvement IMO.

Also, as a side note, are we going to allow benchmate scores in newer OSes for older HW? Eg, Win10 4790K with Benchmate for R15?

Edited by Noxinite

Just now, Noxinite said:

Also, as a side note, are we going to allow benchmate scores in newer OSes for older HW? Eg, Win10 4790K with Benchmate for R15?

Are we? I dont know who "we" is anymore. Can we? for sure that is the entire point of benchmate. 

+1 from me. AMD+win10, require benchmate and give them points in the standard ranking. Remove all non benchmate AMD+win10 subs now. The longer you wait the worse the problem is going to get. I also agree that benchmate + win10 on any older hardware that suffers from RTC bug should now be legal subs with points going forward.

Anyone who has AMD+win10 scores shouldn't care about subs being removed. Because now they can rebench with benchmate and get the points they rightly deserve.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Noxinite said:

I don't see an issue with this as long as new Submissions on older Hardware are still possible without Benchmate. So in any case you could still use the "old way" of benching the older systems and thus prevent any efficiency losses. Otherwise, if Benchmate+Win10 is faster obviously everyone will start using it on the older systems. In both cases you don't have any issues with older records becoming unreachable.

For AM4 you could either do it for Ryzen 3000 or wait till 2020 (4xxx Cpus) and enforce it then.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tzk said:

I don't see an issue with this as long as new Submissions on older Hardware are still possible without Benchmate. So in any case you could still use the "old way" of benching the older systems and thus prevent any efficiency losses. Otherwise, if Benchmate+Win10 is faster obviously everyone will start using it on the older systems. In both cases you don't have any issues with older records becoming unreachable.

For AM4 you could either do it for Ryzen 3000 or wait till 2020 (4xxx Cpus) and enforce it then.

Agreed

• Like 1

Don't think I would have seen this without the bump 😂 (thanks Allen!)

I'm all for it, so far Benchmate has been pretty reliable and if there's been issues Mat has addressed them in a timely fashion, I personally would love to be able to sub with Win 10 simply for ease of use and I'm sure there's quite a few others who would feel the same.

The supported benches list is growing and probably most importantly it provides people with an easy way to submit a score :)

It keeps repeating itself ...
Wake up Mr Freeman, wake up, and smell the hashes...

Edited by bolc

What happens exactly? Are you using Ryzen 3000 on Windows 7?

In any case, I need more information to reproduce and fix any possible errors. Can you submit a bug report? You'll find it in the BenchMate menu or if the application can't start, please use bugreport.exe in the BenchMate directory to submit a report.

Edited by _mat_

@_mat_ i believe they are referring to the OS itself. Win7 can be a very large pain to get to run on Ryzen/Threadripper. Some boards say they work, but in reality don't.

I know for me I have tried getting Win7 to work on both the MSI Creation X399 and Asus ZEA X399 and it will always Blue Screen before the OS loads due to a driver fault.

Ah yes, I see that now. I am so deep into bugfixing anything that comes along, I might go crazy at some point. :D

Some users are now having their submissions flagged for using benchmate. Sigh.....What has this all become

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Splave said:

Some users are now having their submissions flagged for using benchmate. Sigh.....What has this all become

Why do you think I look like 60 while my Id card says 18

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leeghoofd said:

Why do you think I look like 60 while my Id card says 18

Just assumed you were going for the salt and pepper look

• Like 1