HWBOT Community Forums

Phase change on 9900KS dayli using

Kashtan

Hello to all.

I plan to use the Single Stage phase change under the new CPU.
I have questions:

for daily use, not only a benchmark, in terms of noise, does it make sense to use this type of cooling?

I read review about Asetek LS and Prometeia, level of noise a around 50-60 db, this loud of powerful water custom loop.

But compressors which uses in this Single Stage - 8-12 cm3, 1/4 - 1/2 HP.

Modern CPUs have got 8 and more cores, so TDP also sure higher. 

I read - 6 core needed 1/2 - 3/4 HP comps, for 8 cores - from 1 HP (21 cm3) to 1 1/4 HP (26 cm3).

Also i have got questions -

1) Best refrigerants? For SS is a R-507A on ratio performance / noise.

But R-402A little much better (R507 -46.7C vs R402A -49.2C ) and noiser.

Uses on Prometeia mod by Chilly1.

2) Better compressor? Danfoss most reliable and once still work on -45C.

Aspera Embraco - i read most quiet.

Tecumseh and Bristol, & Cubigel most rarest, difficult to definitely say something.

Americold and linear compressor from LG - very rare.

3) Direct Die and lapping for Phase Change - whether it was appropriate? I look - maybe yes.

Gratefully for answer.

Edited by Kashtan

in my opinion no, waste of time fo SS on a daily , old rule, you dont bench your daily, if you do it will bite you sooner or later, use a good water loop for your daily with good water flow and a good thick radiator to cool with appropriate fan cooling

best advice, use the SS for benching , quick change over for different cpus, platforms etc

• Like 2

For daily you could use chiller if you really have to, it will provide you a nice 15-20C temp improvement. You can set water temp to 7-10C depends on humidity (condensation), it will be still cooler than 25-30C liquid in the standard loop. Of course you can go lower with the temp, but that's safe temperature in my opinion without insulation the tubes and whole loop.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bartx said:

For daily you could use chiller if you really have to, it will provide you a nice 15-20C temp improvement. You can set water temp to 7-10C depends on humidity (condensation), it will be still cooler than 25-30C liquid in the standard loop. Of course you can go lower with the temp, but that's safe temperature in my opinion without insulation the tubes and whole loop.

yes bart, too true, and condensation is the killer for any system using cold if not insulated properly !

• Like 1