HWBOT Community Forums

Country CUP - 10th Anniversary design thread:

Leeghoofd

• Crew

On request, the 10th anniversary will be a mixture of the stages from the previous Country Cups. aiming for 14 stages  in total

teaser.jpg

Pifast:  LGA1366 -  Bloomfield core (Xeons allowed) (4 scores)        
Wprime 1024:   AMD Deneb - (4 scores)
Superpi 32M  LGA771/775  - 7x multiplier - (4 scores) - Adapter allowed
HWBOT X265 1080P  AMD 1-3-4-5 cores - (4 scores)
BCLCK INTEL per mobo socket (socket 1151V2 = V3) - (4 scores) -  no adapters allowed
CB R15 CPU (Single core test) - (AMD only) (4 scores)
Y-cruncher 1B - per socket (4 scores)

3DMark06: AGP/PCI/PCIe/integrated & Hybrid GPUs - (5 scores) - desktop only
3DMark01 SE: Intel Integrated graphics - Sandy/Ivy/Haswell/Skylake/Kabylake & Coffeelake CPUs - (4 scores) - mobile allowed
3DMark 11 Performance - SLI or Crossfire - AMD FX Bulldozer/Vishera CPUs - (4 scores)
CATZILLA 576P AMD GPUs  & AM3/AM3+/4 CPUs --> win7 only - (4 scores)
Cloud Gate  GTX 470/570/670/770/970/1070 GPUs only - (6 scores) - NON Ti cards
3DMark Skydiver - (4 scores)
3DMark Firestrike Ultra - Dual GPU cards only - (4 scores)

LATEST CHANGES/UPDATES IN RED

inputs, opinions ( let the hatred flow through you ) welcome

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

tbh, as much as I like BCLK, I would really like if there was a way to prevent "duplicate sockets", because 775/771 and 1151v1 and 1151v2 will make this somewhat boring in some way... 

771 I wouldn't have an issue if its counting the board, but 1151v1/v2 shouldn't be a thing for comps like these...

42 minutes ago, zeropluszero said:

If we're taking requests my primary one is always that we run it all November instead of December. 

I'd prefer a focus on a limited number of stages to really maximise as well but y'know. 

He means less work + preparation xD

3 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

3DMark03: Intel Integrated graphics - Sandy/Ivy/Haswell & Skylake CPUs ( 5 scores )

Why include skylake if you're not gonna include broadwell, and will this be a 1 of each type of deal? May be best to add Kabylake and say a score with each cpu arch, Sandy-Ivy-Haswell-Skylake-kabylake. Would make it more interesting as otherwise sandy and ivy are basically useless as their IGP is that far behind even haswell that the lowest tier haswell igp beats the top tier ivy igp. Haswell also has a lot of rebadged igps meaning that even if skylake wasn't sufficient to get to 5 haswell would be.

7 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Pifast:  LGA1366 ( 5 scores )    Wprime 1024:   AMD Deneb ( 5 scores )

Superpi 32M  LGA775  - 7x multiplier (5 scores )

CB R11.5 per core for  AMD 1-2-3-4-6 cores (5 scores )
BCLCK INTEL per socket ( 5 scores )
Geekbench 3 Single core (AMD only) (5 scores)
a few more to come

3DMark 11 Performance SLI or Crossfire - AMD FX Bulldozer/Vishera CPUs ( 5 scores )
3DMark03: Intel Integrated graphics - Sandy/Ivy/Haswell & Skylake CPUs ( 5 scores )
CATZILLA 576P AM3/4 CPUs --> win7 only ( 5 scores )
Cloud Gate  GTX 470/570/670/770/970/1070 GPUs only ( 5 scores )
a few more to come

Thank you for taking up this idea! Stages looking good so far ?

Is Geekbench 3 on AMD really a good idea? BenchMate is not going to support it with its next version, the old version won't can't be available for download as well soon. And Geekbench is faster on Windows 10 (since 1903), if I recall it correctly.

Edited by _mat_
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, _mat_ said:

Is Geekbench 3 on AMD really a good idea? BenchMate is not going to support it with its next version, the old version won't can't be available for download as well soon. And Geekbench is faster on Windows 10 (since 1903), if I recall it correctly.

There's a little operating system called Windows 7 that we've been using for Geekbench 3 since its release in 2013...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, unityofsaints said:

There's a little operating system called Windows 7 that we've been using for Geekbench 3 since its release in 2013...

Not necessary to be rude here. This is a dicussion to get the most fun out of the comp and I'm trying to give my two cents. And you might have missed the point of my post although you quoted it:

3 hours ago, _mat_ said:

Geekbench is faster on Windows 10 (since 1903), if I recall it correctly.

I don't know how much fun it is to not be able to beat the Win 10 scores of others.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, unityofsaints said:

Something you have missed big time is the David vs Goliath battle Geek for Benchmate.

I'll say right up I don't give a flying fuck for it to be used again Hwbot. Power that be no points nada not used.

Our guy Mat is right in his opposition to it's use so shortly after a menacing battle vs Goliath. He's not saying it that way I AM

Geek can take a flying fuck over a cliff weighted with concrete to smash it to the earth harder. You feel me.

Our Software guy HWbot trying to make a secure reliable wrapper to compare competitive scores.

Another bench please Geek can eat the goat cheese :P

Why Catzilla?  It's a bug-ridden mess, isn't really actively supported by the developer anymore, and on top of that it doesn't give global or hardware points anymore.

I'm also curious about the SLI/Crossfire stage, and why someone would go for something so niche, as it seems that not really all that many do the multi-card thing...

• Thanks 3