HWBOT Community Forums

Country CUP - 10th Anniversary design thread:

Leeghoofd

7 minutes ago, Splave said:

ditch cat IMO :P

can we have ANY current hardware stages though pretty please?

The two AMD-specific 2D stages and the Catzilla one are for current hardware. There's also nothing stopping you from benching current stuff for the BCLK and 3DMark 11 stages ;)

Edited by unityofsaints

• Crew
47 minutes ago, ObscureParadox said:

@Leeghoofd do we have a rough time frame for the competition so that I can start arranging a bench meet with my fellow countrymen?

from 1st of November till 31st of December

5 minutes ago, Splave said:

ditch cat IMO :P

can we have ANY current hardware stages though pretty please?

That was intended to be for the remaining 5 stages

• Like 2

Guest Digg_de

3DMark03: Intel Integrated graphics - Sandy/Ivy/Haswell & Skylake CPUs - (4 scores)

One Score of each CPU or like in TC 3x Haswell and now + 1x Skylake?

Guest Digg_de

I would like 1x SB, 1x IB, 1x Haswell and 1x Skylake. Not like TC and 3x Haswell (Haswell HD, HD4600, HD4600P or something like that). Or better was 2x Haswell, 1x IB in TC.. however.

Edited by Digg_de

3DMark Firestrike Ultra - Dual GPU cards - (4 scores)

Ha that's epic. Even though I don't have big gpu's. Are you thinking like GTX 590 690 types. x2 processor in x1 gpu?

OR as ol mate says above sli & crossfire

21 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

HWBOT X265 1080P for AMD 1-2-3-4-6 cores - (4 scores)

Can we drop 6 cores if it's 4 scores? And perhaps make it AM3 so then there's not so huge a gap from the 1 and 3 core scores to the 2 and 4 core scores? Otherwise the 1 and 3 core chips need only be present while the stage is decided by the 2 and 4 cores. It gets worse if we include 6 cores

1 hour ago, yosarianilives said:

Can we drop 6 cores if it's 4 scores? And perhaps make it AM3 so then there's not so huge a gap from the 1 and 3 core scores to the 2 and 4 core scores? Otherwise the 1 and 3 core chips need only be present while the stage is decided by the 2 and 4 cores. It gets worse if we include 6 cores

Enough singlecore stages already lol

13 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

2-3-4-5 deal ?

4 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

AMD... no specific socket specified...

that sounds like a lot of fun to me, it's always nice to see stages that allow plenty of 'unoptimal' hardware to participate (eg am3 athlon x2)

Edited by mickulty

17 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:

Alright so balance of new and old, best chips are athlon 200ge/300ge, Phenom II 3 core (assuming unlocking is allowed), R5 3400g, 960t (5 cores). I'm not sure that a hardcore OC will be needed on the Phenom II chips if the ryzen chips get one but I think it'll be fun either way to push am3 chips on ln2.

Prediction: team US gets more optimal hardware but doesn't bother LN2'ing the phenoms, team AU LN2s everything and takes the stage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5