Jump to content
HWBOT Community Forums

Country CUP - 10th Anniversary design thread:


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On request, the 10th anniversary will be a mixture of the stages from the previous Country Cups. aiming for 14 stages  in total   Pifast:  LGA1366 -  Bloomfield core (Xeons allowed) (4

i for 1 are quite happy how you design, mod, admin in here, too many fucking whingers is th problem

Prediction: team US gets more optimal hardware but doesn't bother LN2'ing the phenoms, team AU LN2s everything and takes the stage.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, zeropluszero said:

Why is there so much old shit in this comp so far?
What is this Team cup?
775 is what 11 years replaced now? LGA1366 was released 2008

He means buying more shit & less time to prepare xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2019 at 4:22 PM, Leeghoofd said:


3DMark03: Intel Integrated graphics - Sandy/Ivy/Haswell/Skylake/Coffeelake CPUs - (4 scores)
 

Why add cfl but not kbl or broadwell for that matter? Still think stage should be 1 each Sandy/Ivy/Haswell/Skylake. Or even better Clarksdale/Sandy/Ivy/Haswell 1 each

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

Why add cfl but not kbl or broadwell for that matter? Still think stage should be 1 each Sandy/Ivy/Haswell/Skylake. Or even better Clarksdale/Sandy/Ivy/Haswell 1 each

Because no-one has broadwell and if kaby was in there too the best hardware would be three near-identical platforms and haswell?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mickulty said:

Because no-one has broadwell and if kaby was in there too the best hardware would be three near-identical platforms and haswell?

With cfl added it's the same situation, haswell and below not needed. Would be way more interesting to cap at skylake and do 1 each.

Edited by yosarianilives
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:

With cfl added it's the same situation, haswell and below not needed. Would be way more interesting to cap at skylake and do 1 each.

I was reading Sandy/Ivy/Haswell/Skylake/Coffeelake as one each.  So like 3770K+4770K+6700K+9900K yes, G4400+G5420+6700K+9900K no.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Crew

Yep, fun for the AMD unlockers. On remark two: nope its single core score, doesn't always need to be the same right....

Still in the middle to allow Y-cruncher or GPUPI or maybe the new added benchmak in the upcoming version of  BenchMate, as I just recalled many had y-cruncher submission issues in a previous compo, Will talk to Mythical

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Still in the middle to allow Y-cruncher or GPUPI or maybe the new added benchmak in the upcoming version of  BenchMate, as I just recalled many had y-cruncher submission issues in a previous compo, Will talk to Mythical

The new submitter works really well, although I don't know how it works in relation to comps. Old whycruncher required network connection to submit through the app, new ycruncher makes a datafile that can be saved offline.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 12:22 AM, Leeghoofd said:

3DMark03: Intel Integrated graphics - Sandy/Ivy/Haswell/Skylake/Kabylake & Coffeelake CPUs - (4 scores)

LATEST CHANGES/UPDATES IN RED

 

Can we let that stage free , for all Intel Gen ... so that users with older hardware or with laptops , can participate ?

Older gen's wont take the crown from SKL and KBL and CFL , but in some cases the older gen option will help teams obtain the 4 scores more easy.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TASOS said:

Can we let that stage free , for all Intel Gen ... so that users with older hardware or with laptops , can participate ?

Older gen's wont take the crown from SKL and KBL and CFL , but in some cases the older gen option will help teams obtain the 4 scores more easy.

 

Ideally this stage is by cpu socket, although then you have to do things like ban broadwell and mobile chips otherwise the lineup is all about obscure igps. imho doing it by gen would suck as hd 530, hd 630, and uhd 630 are literally the same IGP and I don't want it to just be getting scores on lake cpus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Crew
4 hours ago, yosarianilives said:

The gpupi OR ycruncher stage is per socket. Is it also going to be per core or will it be an absolute score. Ie; 7740x or 9980x on x299 wins?

absolute score per socket

17 hours ago, unityofsaints said:

A couple of the stages seem to have changed from 4 to 6 subs as well, is that intentional? 

a solid yes

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...