HWBOT Community Forums

Country CUP - 10th Anniversary design thread:

Leeghoofd

52 minutes ago, Don_Dan said:

Move it to 1st of January so the points are still valid for Season 2020?

How about we fix the broken comp pts system as first suggested (and polled) almost 1 year ago now? Kinda weird having benching done in 2019 counting towards 2020 only. 

Edited by unityofsaints

2 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Competiiton is mostly configured, need to make the background, was thinking of a Chippendale sporting a motherboard with Allen's head on it

A skinny fella like zero would be good. :P Here's my inspiration for background * jokes not serious * 

https://www.colourbox.de/bild/funny-mageren-teenager-zeigt-bizeps-isoliert-auf-weisem-hintergrund-bild-2173469

36 minutes ago, TerraRaptor said:

Would be quite a challenge to find PCI card that runs 06:) GF6200?

GT610, HD 5450, GT430, HD 3450, HD 2400 among others.  Oldest that run it should be FX 5200/5500.  So far I've only found the 5200/5500 at a reasonable price though and idk if it's worth bothering for 60 points when you have a PCIe card doing 60,000 points.

If you go to the hwbot comp page it says that agp, pci, integrated, hybrid, pcie meaning that you could have a lineup that doesn't use pci at all. If it's intended to use pci then will have to up to 5 subs or drop a gpu socket. If a socket is dropped pcie is probably the most balanced to drop since with no restriction it could be a rtx titan, whereas the max the next fastest socket, integrated, could be is a 3400g.

Edited by yosarianilives

39 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:

If you go to the hwbot comp page it says that agp, pci, integrated, hybrid, pcie meaning that you could have a lineup that doesn't use pci at all. If it's intended to use pci then will have to up to 5 subs or drop a gpu socket. If a socket is dropped pcie is probably the most balanced to drop since with no restriction it could be a rtx titan, whereas the max the next fastest socket, integrated, could be is a 3400g.

Ah, that's different.  I prefer that honestly, PCI would end up being a red headed step child barely worth bothering with for the stage.  iGPU, Hybrid and AGP are worth pushing.

• Like 1

@Leeghoofd Hey man, I'm not trying to be cunty, but is the hwbot competition page with https://hwbot.org/competition/CountryCup2019/ the live up-to-date version of the stages you're planning? I can see for example that Timespy Extreme stage has moved to FS Ultra, and am wondering how far we are away from this being finalised. 

Will this be finalised 100% by the time this supposedly opens (just under 48hrs at this post time) with all rules & hardware requirements? or are we looking at a delay.
Delay is fine but just wanted to be clear.

Thanks.

34 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

No delay possible bro, it must be done… Matthew is taking care of the background

Anybody comments ont he current hardware specs/benches, now we can still adjust (if needed)

Thanks mate. 
Looking at our spreadsheet I think the HW is all good for each stage, unless there's any last minute changes. ?
yknow like if you want to take out 3 bclck scores required, or remove AGP, PCI, Integrated & Hybrid...and allow ES, and start it in Jan and run til March. 
yknow, if you wanna change stuff ?

• Haha 1