HWBOT Community Forums

The official Country Cup 2019 - 10th Anniversary Edition thread.

jpmboy

1 hour ago, Leeghoofd said:

as long as it is ONE processor it's all systems go, I did not put any limitations for Xeons or such this time

I also didn't see any limitation on ES or unreleased hardware. Does this mean AMD parts such as 2990X and or 3900 are legal?

I suppose it's an unwritten rule that ES parts are not allowed, but clarification is always good :) :) 

Edited by mllrkllr88

34 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

ES is always no go and unreleased hardware is not accepted. The hardware must be retail available at the start of the competition;, these products haven't hit the shelves yet.

You want me to add this to the compo rules?

Historically competitions have always not allowed server/workstation parts so for the sake of clarity it would be good if the rules stated explicitly that they are allowed (eg "no restriction on server/workstation hardware") for the relevant stages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leeghoofd said:

ES is always no go and unreleased hardware is not accepted. The hardware must be retail available at the start of the competition;, these products haven't hit the shelves yet.

You want me to add this to the compo rules?

Is it only current generation ES or is an lga1366 ES cpu allowed? 

Edit just found where it said no es. 

Edited by Mythical tech
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, mllrkllr88 said:

I also didn't see any limitation on ES or unreleased hardware. Does this mean AMD parts such as 2990X and or 3900 are legal?

I suppose it's an unwritten rule that ES parts are not allowed, but clarification is always good :) :) 

I think he means how amd es cpus don't show up as es in cpuz or on the ihs. 

I attempted to submit to stage 13 sky diver, it placed me out of competition into normal submit score mode.

Does this have to do with anything about valid 3dmark link?

By chance if it does, 3dmark to link hwbot credentials is giving back a failed username and/or password error.

Username 1BadMoJoe ... ok

password ... I may have forgotten it because it appears not to be correct, as linking 3dmark and hwbot credentials fail? 

3Dmark_26050.png

Thanks Now It Works To link 3dmark and hwbot

I do have another problem though to "prepopulate fields by previous submission" error only within the competition.

404.png

Edited by 1BadMoJoe
differnt password combinations

@Leeghoofd I'm going to be shooting myself in the foot here, but on the Deneb stage, as it stands the Phenom II X4 800's are currently listed as Deneb on the HWBot database when in reality they're actually Propus cores. Can I suggest removing them from the stage if possible. I don't think anyone has submitted with one yet but that's the only 4core Phenom CPU I currently own which is why I went to double check on here.

is it @Strunkenbold who is currently maintaining the database? I'm not sure.

Edit : Sorry to clarify, they are Deneb cores, but they're nerfed down with the L3 disabled which technically makes them a propus core. I suppose it's the same rule that applies to not allowing unlocked Athlon II X4's? Sorry to open a can of worms and complicate things.

Edited by ObscureParadox

Largely the same with a Callisto core which is a Deneb with two cores disabled.
I know it's a mess with all the different variations in play, if I'm not mistaken even an older Heka core unlocked is a first gen Deneb too so...... There ya go.

Better to go ahead and mention such now while it's still early in the game.