HWBOT Community Forums

The official Country Cup 2019 - 10th Anniversary Edition thread.

jpmboy

54 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

K i'll open up again , but the first that nags about why is this card being allowed is getting a ban :D  you need only 4 dual GPU cards, 590, 690, 6990, 7990 also can run it right? Issue is that most look for the best performant setup, usually its more about getting the scores done , than have 2 high scores and 2 missing subs. It's Country Cup right?

Urgh mah gurd Alby, why we letting in these GPUs.....

Jokes jokes, but I do agree it's probably for the best :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

K i'll open up again , but the first that nags about why is this card being allowed is getting a ban :D  you need only 4 dual GPU cards, 590, 690, 6990, 7990 also can run it right? Issue is that most look for the best performant setup, usually its more about getting the scores done , than have 2 high scores and 2 missing subs. It's Country Cup right?

Instead of opening the door to rare or pricey or professional vga's ... should we consider lowering the 3dmark preset , so that the more common dual vga's could compete ?

2 hours ago, Pewlayle said:

@Leeghoofdyoure right, 5970, 6990, 590, 690, 760 Mars can theoretically run Stage 14, but they're completely crippled by VRAM. 

It's just not a lot of fun benching those cards when no amount of OC will save them from starving on memory :P

Edited by TASOS
  • Like 1

Fire Strike benchmarks are only available in the Windows editions of 3DMark.

⚠ Fire Strike tests are demanding benchmarks designed for high-end hardware. If your system scores less than 2800 in Fire Strike you should run Sky Diver instead.

Fire Strike is a DirectX 11 benchmark for high-performance gaming PCs and overclocked systems. Fire Strike is very demanding, even for the latest graphics cards. If your frame rate is low, use Sky Diver instead.

Fire Strike Extreme is designed for testing PCs with multiple GPUs (minimum 1.5 GB graphics card memory required). It raises the rendering resolution from 1920 ×1080 to 2560 ×1440 and improves the visual quality.

Fire Strike Ultra is a dedicated test for 4K gaming. It raises the rendering resolution to 3840 × 2160 (4K UHD), four times larger than 1080p. A 4K monitor is not required, but your graphics card must have at least 3GB of memory.

Yeah, it's unclear to some participants.  Thanks.

And regarding stage 14, there are enough dual GPU cards out there capable of running Skydiver FSU for a Country Cup.  As you noted, it's not about getting the highest score, it's about getting four! ?

Edited by jpmboy
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bilko said:

The only thing you're doing wrong is entering the total score when you should only be entering Graphics Score

For that submission it should be 46625 instead of 31668

Thank you for the reply, hearing that the graphics score was to be used, created a bit of panic on all my history of potential under scores of the past...

I went to the rules to read that it states the benchmark score provided by the benchmark is the overall score.

Not the graphics only score as suggested, reviewing the video tutorial also uses the overall benchmark score and not the bigger graphics score as suggested to used.

yet my initial problem still is "1BadMoJoe has chosen to disable all rankings for his/her submissions", when in fact I have not disabled Ranking Position and my submission scores within the Country Cup 2019 and the scores are not being counted.

• Crew
5 minutes ago, 1BadMoJoe said:

Thank you for the reply, hearing that the graphics score was to be used, created a bit of panic on all my history of potential under scores of the past...

I went to the rules to read that it states the benchmark score provided by the benchmark is the overall score.

Not the graphics only score as suggested, reviewing the video tutorial also uses the overall benchmark score and not the bigger graphics score as suggested to used.

yet my initial problem still is "1BadMoJoe has chosen to disable all rankings for his/her submissions", when in fact I have not disabled Ranking Position and my submission scores within the Country Cup 2019 and the scores are not being counted.

This particular stage is configured to use the Graphics (GPU) score, the rules that are on the main page for the benchmark largely apply with that exception.
Because it's not a benchmark ranking like the full Skydiver test is there's no point structure for it.

Everything is working as it's supposed to :)
It's the same for everyone that submits in that stage.

• Thanks 2

Ok thank you for the update. Now it makes since in the minor adjustment to the Country Cup 2019 skydiver score submission I am observing.

That my paltry score outside of the competition is not registering into the hardware Master/Global categories as expected.

11 minutes ago, Bilko said:

This particular stage is configured to use the Graphics (GPU) score, the rules that are on the main page for the benchmark largely apply with that exception.
Because it's not a benchmark ranking like the full Skydiver test is there's no point structure for it.

Everything is working as it's supposed to :)
It's the same for everyone that submits in that stage.

• Crew
On 11/5/2019 at 8:38 PM, Leeghoofd said:

This was one of the reasons I choose Deneb (6M), however it seems some CPUs are not in the right category. I can't fix the Database right now, how about allowing all Denebs, but no unlocking of the cores. Is that a fair proposal?

Seem someone added CPU Core Deneb (6M) but never matched a real CPU to it. So it was actually empty and never used. I can create cpu cores with individual cache sizes though- if it was actually intended that way, no problem.

However for now, I renamed Deneb (6M) to Suzuka and matched those Opteron 13xx parts to it.
I also made Phenom II X4 840 and 850 a Propus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Crew
On 11/6/2019 at 7:09 AM, Leeghoofd said:

For the unlocking part as long as we have maximum  4 cores and CPUZ/HWBOT picks it up as Deneb I'm fine with it

If we leave the limitation to Deneb and Suzuka, the only thing which can be unlocked is the CPU Cache and that wont make a difference with wprime. There are enough CPUs to choose anyway.

• Thanks 1