HWBOT Community Forums

The official Country Cup 2019 - 10th Anniversary Edition thread.

jpmboy

I think we can all agree that was one of the toughest CC comps ever, worthy of being 10th anniversary.

Well done all who participated, and thanks to all the organisers.

Shout out to the Aussie boys, another great Adelaide get together, and well done on all the time , effort and expense put in by all.

Shout out to Asus for the support in Adelaide too.

Now we can all catch up with our sleep and normal lives haha.

Happy New Year to all for 2020.

Edited by AG-TAS
  • Thanks 2

This competition was hard, and intense, in Italy we built a strong group, we learned a lot, we laughed a lot and we also pushed a lot to keep the bar raising, I can't be more happy and proud for being part of this great team.

I want to thank the Germans, for their hard work and for battling with us since the beginning, this is for me the real spirit of competitions, do your best and get surpassed, set up the hardware again and push harder, trying to squeeze more points over and over again, until the end. Well done!

I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed by the "last minute win", we all knew that it was coming, but honestly,  what's the point of staying in the shadows until the last hours of a competition? Especially when you have great clockers, join the game, have fun with us, or the perception is that you are just interested to grab the gold medal and run away, when the main goal here should be to actually challenge each others for a couple of months.

Congratulations for your first place,  but I would have preferred to congratulate you for having fun with us and winning the comp.

Last but not least, a big thanks to the organizers, this is an enormous amount of work on your shoulders, and not an easy job to do to make this works, so again, thanks!

I wish you all a Happy New Year, full of good benching sessions and success ?

Max

Edited by Hardware_Numb3rs
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Congrats to the Aussies, Well done

Thanks Hwbot staff and mods but more importantly all who participated. I know many people are very passionate.

Biggest shout out to my fellow Canucks. Some of these guys showed some incredible determination and Hard work.  I was part of a great team. Thanks for the inspiration Team CANADA

Had loads of fun, Looking forward to the next one.

P.S Jumper man...your new country is waiting for you

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hardware_Numb3rs said:

I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed by the "last minute win", we all knew that it was coming, but honestly,  what's the point of staying in the shadows until the last hours of a competition? Especially when you have great clockers, join the game, have fun with us, or the perception is that you are just interested to grab the gold medal and run away, when the main goal here should be to actually challenge each others for a couple of months.

Congratulations for your first place,  but I would have preferred to congratulate you for having fun with us and winning the comp.

ohlookitsthiscommentagain.jpg

Get organised, get benching. We had fun, real sad if you didn't. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Crew

thanks for organizing Alby it was a great comp, the crazy amount of stages were draining, difficult, required a real team effort, but also rewarding and fun

i thought i would hate the ycruncher one but loved it, loved the REX 32m stage, enjoyed 06, a lot of our guys loved the AMD stages

lets go for 28 stages next year with 15 subs in each!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, Hardware_Numb3rs said:

This competition was hard, and intense, in Italy we built a strong group, we learned a lot, we laughed a lot and we also pushed a lot to keep the bar raising, I can't be more happy and proud for being part of this great team.

I want to thank the Germans, for their hard work and for battling with us since the beginning, this is for me the real spirit of competitions, do your best and get surpassed, set up the hardware again and push harder, trying to squeeze more points over and over again, until the end. Well done!

Last but not least, a big thanks to the organizers, this is an enormous amount of work on your shoulders, and not an easy job to do to make this works, so again, thanks!

I wish you all a Happy New Year, full of good benching sessions and success ?

Max

Dude, some of us were still benching on the last day.

i finished at 5am my time or 6 hours before the comp ended, but couldnt hold back sleep.

We had concerns that some of our scores werent good enough :)

• Thanks 2

• Crew
19 hours ago, Hardware_Numb3rs said:

in my personal opinion there's no real challenging between until the comp finishes as we really dont know what scores are real and which are place holders anyway

we have a way we do things with internal competition for each benchmark and pushing each other to achieve our best day in day out over the course of the competition

we don't use other teams scores as a target, we don't trust operating systems or drivers other teams are using, we test everything we can, push the platform as hard as we possibly can and don't give up until there's nothing else to try or test....

if you've done this and you can't do any more, you can be proud of your result weather you come first or last, plus spending time with friends and sharing/learning from other overclockers in your country, this is what CC is really about

• Like 11

• Crew
1 hour ago, bob(nz) said:

Thanks Albie - hopefully you got a break for New Year ?

Not a chance bro,  this is not done yet and already something else popped up to raise my blood pressure ? Wished I was back at the top pool in Vietnam doing some salto's :)

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

Not a chance bro,  this is not done yet and already something else popped up to raise my blood pressure ? Wished I was back at the top pool in Vietnam doing some salto's :)

Haha - wouldn’t be a real competition without drama and controversy ? have one of these ? it should help ?

Guest Nitro35
I wish you all a Happy New Year. Peace and love and if you can be nice to me. LOL Take care of yourself . thank you to all the organizers. Nitro