Jump to content
HWBOT Community Forums
jpmboy

The official Country Cup 2019 - 10th Anniversary Edition thread.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I think we can all agree that was one of the toughest CC comps ever, worthy of being 10th anniversary.

Well done all who participated, and thanks to all the organisers.

 

Shout out to the Aussie boys, another great Adelaide get together, and well done on all the time , effort and expense put in by all.

 

Shout out to Asus for the support in Adelaide too.

 

Now we can all catch up with our sleep and normal lives haha.

 

Happy New Year to all for 2020.

Edited by AG-TAS
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done USA.

wait
lol. 

 

Actually well done to Italy & Germany.
And Carl. 

Thanks Carl. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This competition was hard, and intense, in Italy we built a strong group, we learned a lot, we laughed a lot and we also pushed a lot to keep the bar raising, I can't be more happy and proud for being part of this great team.

I want to thank the Germans, for their hard work and for battling with us since the beginning, this is for me the real spirit of competitions, do your best and get surpassed, set up the hardware again and push harder, trying to squeeze more points over and over again, until the end. Well done!

I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed by the "last minute win", we all knew that it was coming, but honestly,  what's the point of staying in the shadows until the last hours of a competition? Especially when you have great clockers, join the game, have fun with us, or the perception is that you are just interested to grab the gold medal and run away, when the main goal here should be to actually challenge each others for a couple of months.

Congratulations for your first place,  but I would have preferred to congratulate you for having fun with us and winning the comp.

Last but not least, a big thanks to the organizers, this is an enormous amount of work on your shoulders, and not an easy job to do to make this works, so again, thanks!

I wish you all a Happy New Year, full of good benching sessions and success 🙂

Max

Edited by Hardware_Numb3rs
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy New Year all,

very strong scores all around, Always amazing to see some old records getting obliterated again. Very strong lineup for some countries. 

Back to daily biss now, first cleanup of the house, dishes, iron my face and then moderating.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy New Year everyone :)

Congrats to everyone who participated and to the Aussies for ruling another CC #unexpected :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FireKillerGR said:

Happy New Year everyone :)

Congrats to everyone who participated 

Greece did very well for only the few guys that benched. You have to be happy about that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to the Aussies, Well done

Thanks Hwbot staff and mods but more importantly all who participated. I know many people are very passionate.

 

Biggest shout out to my fellow Canucks. Some of these guys showed some incredible determination and Hard work.  I was part of a great team. Thanks for the inspiration Team CANADA

Had loads of fun, Looking forward to the next one.

 

P.S Jumper man...your new country is waiting for you

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to the winner Aussies !!!

Many thanks to the Hwbot staff !!!

Congrats to all passionate people who "fought" with whatever they had in hand !!!

CU all and even more in next CC !!!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Australia has talented overclockers. Well done boys :) Really big efforts from the top 10 teams. That's 65% or above total points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Half way the moderating, some missing backgrounds, covered benchmark settings or missing CPUZ tabs, same stuff another year :)

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Hardware_Numb3rs said:

I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed by the "last minute win", we all knew that it was coming, but honestly,  what's the point of staying in the shadows until the last hours of a competition? Especially when you have great clockers, join the game, have fun with us, or the perception is that you are just interested to grab the gold medal and run away, when the main goal here should be to actually challenge each others for a couple of months.

Congratulations for your first place,  but I would have preferred to congratulate you for having fun with us and winning the comp.

ohlookitsthiscommentagain.jpg

Get organised, get benching. We had fun, real sad if you didn't. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for organizing Alby it was a great comp, the crazy amount of stages were draining, difficult, required a real team effort, but also rewarding and fun

i thought i would hate the ycruncher one but loved it, loved the REX 32m stage, enjoyed 06, a lot of our guys loved the AMD stages

lets go for 28 stages next year with 15 subs in each!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Hardware_Numb3rs said:

This competition was hard, and intense, in Italy we built a strong group, we learned a lot, we laughed a lot and we also pushed a lot to keep the bar raising, I can't be more happy and proud for being part of this great team.

I want to thank the Germans, for their hard work and for battling with us since the beginning, this is for me the real spirit of competitions, do your best and get surpassed, set up the hardware again and push harder, trying to squeeze more points over and over again, until the end. Well done!

I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed by the "last minute win", we all knew that it was coming, but honestly,  what's the point of staying in the shadows until the last hours of a competition? Especially when you have great clockers, join the game, have fun with us, or the perception is that you are just interested to grab the gold medal and run away, when the main goal here should be to actually challenge each others for a couple of months.

Congratulations for your first place,  but I would have preferred to congratulate you for having fun with us and winning the comp.

Last but not least, a big thanks to the organizers, this is an enormous amount of work on your shoulders, and not an easy job to do to make this works, so again, thanks!

I wish you all a Happy New Year, full of good benching sessions and success 🙂

Max

Dude, some of us were still benching on the last day.

i finished at 5am my time or 6 hours before the comp ended, but couldnt hold back sleep.

We had concerns that some of our scores werent good enough :)

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Hardware_Numb3rs said:

I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed by the "last minute win", we all knew that it was coming, but honestly,  what's the point of staying in the shadows until the last hours of a competition? Especially when you have great clockers, join the game, have fun with us, or the perception is that you are just interested to grab the gold medal and run away, when the main goal here should be to actually challenge each others for a couple of months.

in my personal opinion there's no real challenging between until the comp finishes as we really dont know what scores are real and which are place holders anyway

we have a way we do things with internal competition for each benchmark and pushing each other to achieve our best day in day out over the course of the competition

we don't use other teams scores as a target, we don't trust operating systems or drivers other teams are using, we test everything we can, push the platform as hard as we possibly can and don't give up until there's nothing else to try or test....

if you've done this and you can't do any more, you can be proud of your result weather you come first or last, plus spending time with friends and sharing/learning from other overclockers in your country, this is what CC is really about

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Kangaroo bro's, always love seeing you guys slay everyone proper :)

 

And huge thanks to Albie, none of this would be possible without you.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Half way the moderating, some missing backgrounds, covered benchmark settings or missing CPUZ tabs, same stuff another year :)

Thanks Albie - hopefully you got a break for New Year 😂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bob(nz) said:

Thanks Albie - hopefully you got a break for New Year 😂

Not a chance bro,  this is not done yet and already something else popped up to raise my blood pressure 😛 Wished I was back at the top pool in Vietnam doing some salto's :)

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

Not a chance bro,  this is not done yet and already something else popped up to raise my blood pressure 😛 Wished I was back at the top pool in Vietnam doing some salto's :)

Haha - wouldn’t be a real competition without drama and controversy 😂 have one of these 🍺 it should help 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Nitro35
Bravo to Australia. I have a thought for your suffering at the moment. I hope the fires will end soon. Excuse my English.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Nitro35
I wish you all a Happy New Year. Peace and love and if you can be nice to me. LOL Take care of yourself . thank you to all the organizers. Nitro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A Happy New Year to everyone!

Congrats to Australia for winning the CC (same procedure as every year 😂). And thanks to Italy for the hard battle! Great work! 🖕

Edited by Luebke
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thx all for the great participation, a handful of new records, on old hardware is always amazing. 

Congratz to the winners; Australia and the runner ups Germany and Italy. 

CC.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are there competition points awarded for CC? Also a reminder about TC19 points...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...