Jump to content
HWBOT Community Forums

Alby Appreciation Thread


Recommended Posts

So @Leeghoofd has been having to deal with more BS than usual, exemplified best by someone thinks that it's totally reasonable to expect someone to morph into a full-time paid ten-man team who could actually distinguish between cheating and magical efficiency on linux subs, along with numerous poorly-worded whines about country cup.

Quite reasonably, this has led to him getting sick of it all and saying he's going to quit.

Alby, I don't blame you for a minute if you go through with that.  I can hardly sit here and tell you not to, I quit running a large discord server earlier this year for pretty similar reasons.

But I do want to take this moment to say something that should have been said much more, much earlier - thank you.  I know how shit it is dealing with a community that sees you not as a person, but as a faceless entity they can yell at and demand things from.  I really appreciate all the work that you've put in, with modding and competitions, to keep hwbot and competitive OC alive.  I know I haven't always agreed with every call, but what matters at the end of the day is that a call is being made.  Regardless of it you quit or stay on, thank you for everything you've put in.

I know I'm far, far from the only one who feels this way.  I'd encourage everyone to share their thoughts in this thread, not just click a reaction button on a post, but say what they personally think.  Let's share the love.

Edited by mickulty
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thans to many for the kids words, seems some others still don't understand how this site/hobby & community functions. I think Scotties post is spot on, it's not about me, but to all those hat

Can you simply please shut up? I am tired of your impact for years now but you simply cannot stop posting. On most benchmarks, Linux has been tested long before you bothered to show up here and provid

So @Leeghoofd has been having to deal with more BS than usual, exemplified best by someone thinks that it's totally reasonable to expect someone to morph into a full-time paid ten-man team who could a

Posted Images

I am new around here and have been getting to know a lot of you. I have had a few interactions with Leeg and they have all been pleasant. 
 

when I first started out and the subs would be wrong, he would take the time to tell a noobie what needed to be done to sub correctly. That meant the world to me as a brand new face. 
 

Im almost up to my first full year here and seeing the dedication and effort you put in has given me a ton of respect for the position you hold and you as a human being. 
 

You are a fucking legend!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Crew
3 minutes ago, mickulty said:

I know I haven't always agreed with every call, but what matters at the end of the day is that a call is being made.  Regardless of it you quit or stay on, thank you for everything you've put in.

I can echo this statement, Haven't always agreed with Alby but there's been discussion back and forth which is exactly what should happen so I can respect it.
 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

alby, michael, george, fred , other mods, whoever, puts up the discussion threads or comps for whatever comp, which i think is unneccessary, what ever is decided for the comp should be it, if you dont like it then simple, just dont bench it, too much time, effort is wasted replying to whingers on here wanting things their own way all the time, when that time could be spend doing what they do best, designing, modding, and admining the site

they are FREE time strapped at the best of times then have to answer to all the whingers that complain , this or that, but in spite of it all they do a FANTASTIC  job of what and how they do it

ill bet my left nut no one puts their hand up for the job if alby or any one of them decide its a day and quit and wouldnt blame them 1 bit if they did, 

great job guys 👍:)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea who Alby really is. Never have seen him, or spoken with him..... 

Is he leaving? Would that even be a bad thing? Is it going to affect my daily OC life? 

Some gratitude needs to be self proclaimed. If you're not happy with what you do and how you do it, by all means leave that situation to better yourself. Never stay someplace if your not happy. And I mean you want like 80% plus happiness, 20% aggravation is plenty to deal with. 100% happy is near impossible for any situation at HWBot... Have seen this through all the years.

But for the lack of what I do know, good job Alby. Thanks for everything you've done for lots of people. It means a lot to them for sure. Pat yourself on the back when nobody else seems to want to. It's what you see in the mirror that should guide your happiness. Stay, leave..... Guy like me may never know the difference.

 

GLHF!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Splave said:

In on five star thread 👻👻👻 Alby put on the speed metal and power through like only you know how. 

Hate to see what happens to this place if you did leave.

Nothing. It will continue to struggle through the issues as it has for many years.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I have no idea who Alby really is. Never have seen him, or spoken with him..... 

Is he leaving? Would that even be a bad thing? Is it going to affect my daily OC life? 

Some gratitude needs to be self proclaimed. If you're not happy with what you do and how you do it, by all means leave that situation to better yourself. Never stay someplace if your not happy. And I mean you want like 80% plus happiness, 20% aggravation is plenty to deal with. 100% happy is near impossible for any situation at HWBot... Have seen this through all the years.

But for the lack of what I do know, good job Alby. Thanks for everything you've done for lots of people. It means a lot to them for sure. Pat yourself on the back when nobody else seems to want to. It's what you see in the mirror that should guide your happiness. Stay, leave..... Guy like me may never know the difference.

 

GLHF!!!

Agreed he does nothing at all. /Thread 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Splave said:

Agreed he does nothing at all. /Thread 

 

/geekbench

/keep geekbench

/remove points

/change leagues.

/keep rankings based on cooling (Not cheating???)

/keeping overclocking and benchmarking simple.

Let's really just complicate the shit out of it so people get tired of baby sitting and leave.

I don't post here much, but when I do, I intend to impact some thoughts. 

--------

Lest we forget, It wasn't Legacy benchmarking when HWBot opened.  Perhaps we are trying too hard at this. 

W10 benching in 10 years is going to be Legacy also. Hope you guys realize this and just get on with simplicity instead of making it all a fuck show.

 

 

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

No idea what any of this has to do with this thread.

 

We are paying our respects to the current hardest working mod. (Which you took the effort to write paragraphs about how you can't even tell he's done any work at all.) 

 

Appreciate the negativity though! 💩💩💩

 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Leeg is a great guy, but saying that Linux is impossibly hard to moderate is silly. If a score is out of line then demand an acronis image of the OS, it's not like the records are set on more than 3 boards anyways. If user won't provide their tweaks to a mod they're cheating and the result is blocked. Ez pz. But that's not the reason for blocking Linux that I read in the conversation that this thread is about. 

The reason for blocking Linux is a mod personally didn't want to have to do research on Linux os to be able to make competitive results before somebody else does. Or at least that's the way that mods comments read to me.

Now it is being claimed that the reason for blocking linux is that as a mod you don't want to be looking at a result wondering if it's legit, which is a legitimate complaint although Imho its solved by requiring a system image from questionable results. 

Anyways it doesn't matter what I say here cause the members of this thread have predecided that I'm a cock. I'm sad to have apparently contributed to leeg leaving, he's a great mod who really cared and that seems to have been his downfall. He cared enough to let the job get to him and there's far too much abuse in the job unfortunately from those like me and from the many. Way too many people getting pissed off when their win 10 results get removed despite never being allowed within the rules, or their cine score with the render is removed, etc. Definitely far too thankless a job. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, yosarianilives said:

Leeg is a great guy, but saying that Linux is impossibly hard to moderate is silly. If a score is out of line then demand an acronis image of the OS, it's not like the records are set on more than 3 boards anyways. If user won't provide their tweaks to a mod they're cheating and the result is blocked. Ez pz. But that's not the reason for blocking Linux that I read in the conversation that this thread is about. 

The reason for blocking Linux is a mod personally didn't want to have to do research on Linux os to be able to make competitive results before somebody else does. Or at least that's the way that mods comments read to me.

Now it is being claimed that the reason for blocking linux is that as a mod you don't want to be looking at a result wondering if it's legit, which is a legitimate complaint although Imho its solved by requiring a system image from questionable results. 

Anyways it doesn't matter what I say here cause the members of this thread have predecided that I'm a cock. I'm sad to have apparently contributed to leeg leaving, he's a great mod who really cared and that seems to have been his downfall. He cared enough to let the job get to him and there's far too much abuse in the job unfortunately from those like me and from the many. Way too many people getting pissed off when their win 10 results get removed despite never being allowed within the rules, or their cine score with the render is removed, etc. Definitely far too thankless a job. 

I don't think you're a "cock"... Don't even really know you man. So..... Don't beat yourself up. 

Integrity, Optimism, Team before self, and customer focus. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I don't think you're a "cock"... Don't even really know you man. So..... Don't beat yourself up. 

Integrity, Optimism, Team before self, and customer focus. 

I mean the main post of this thread is calling me out on my stance on Linux by mis conflating what I proposed and creating a sort of a strawman by referring to me as "someone" and putting words into my mouth. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yosarianilives said:

I mean the main post of this thread is calling me out on my stance on Linux by mis conflating what I proposed and creating a sort of a strawman by referring to me as "someone" and putting words into my mouth. 

Let me fill you in on something. I shouldn't but, I will.

Some of the crap that happens here gets filtered into our private section on our team forum. As we discuss some of this (I mostly read it) it seems that turmoil trickles down to my team from here. We analyze it and do the best to work with what changes are made, discussion of possible changes and other such matters. The problem is people take stuff personal. Even down to my team members..... What you guys do and say effects teams all the way down to individual members. 

So HWBot does it's best. As a whole. As a team. You guys really need to focus on positive even with the roughest of issues. 

It's Linux. You're going to have what.... maybe 1-5% of submissions on this Operating system? Will it really need to be an issue how it's moderated? By the way, that would be about the same percentage of cheaters, if not less than 1% at this point.

So, don't take it personal. It's not your fault entirely. You can't MAKE somebody leave over something as silly as a conversation over an operating system. I find it hard to believe. In fact, I'd bet he's been thinking on leaving for quite some time now. Just needed a scape goat. Perhaps you was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

i apologise for the derail , old feelings die hard , especially when somone comes in and talks lies and shit, say he doesnt know who you are, lol, never met you , sure may well not have, he damn well knows who you are here tho, ive seen his posts to you over the years, i allowed myself to get caught up in it, :, anyway sorry ,  i  apologise .

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think  Leeg is a fucking hero and if I was genie and could blink whatever reality into existence I wanted I'd have a billion dollars donated to HWbot, put a new office at the top of the biggest and tallest building I could find with a giant flashing sign on the roof that spelled out "the bot" with lasers going everywhere and shit complete with a 1000 square foot office just for Matt to develop Benchmate (because he quit his current job and works full time for the members of hwbot who donate an obscene amount of money for his project) with a video production studio and a 24 hour live feed of - I don't know - fucking Buildzoid with each of his fingers replaced with soldering irons in a room of donated equipment that he is allowed to keep - and this shit is just what I'm coming up with from the top of my head so imagine if I actually put some time into it - but then you know what I'd do?

I'd have a grand opening of the new hwbot world HQ and make Leeg not only the president, CEO and Chairman of the board - but also pronounce him King - yes King of the Bot - because his voluntary service to all of us - including even those who trash him (think about that for a moment) is without equal and therefore he gets the kind of reception like those hobbits at the end of the Lord of the Rings when Aragon turns to them and says "you bow to no one" and then he and a the rest of the people all bowed before them...

... ok I admit it's a little weird but I'm trying to convey just how much I appreciate Albrecht so if you don't get that from what I'm posting go check your pulse.

We love you LeegHoof and from this moment on you will no longer have a little "d" after your name but a giant fucking capital "D". What does that mean? I don't know but it sounds cool and you have my gratitude and appreciation with as much energy as I can convey using letters and numbers. Thank you!

Edited by marco.is.not.80
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

All I can say is Leeg has been nothing but fantastic in my experience. If he zapped an entry I made it was with good reason and I know he got a few of them but I didn't complain because I knew there had to be something to it and in every case there was.

I'm sorry to see him go if he really decides to but to those that didn't like him there is one thing to remember - If you had a problem with Leeg and didn't like him for whatever reason that's fine because that's you, not my problem or really my business TBF about it.

All I can hope for is the next mod that comes along doesn't give you even more reason to be pissed off, sometimes the one you know now is far better than the one you'll meet later.

Edited by Bones
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how many of you guys need a correction in a mental health institution. 

 

Alby aka Leeghoofd is one of the coolest guys ever and what he does on hwbot is having no payment at all. On top of that the owner of the website seems gone for some time now making mods life even harder. You have no idea how many hours Albrecht wasted to deal with our junk while also having a job of more responsability than half of the forum members combined. 

 

Edited by Alex@ro
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigh :/ ShrimpBrime & ozzie can you just agree to delete your posts please ... it's way off the scale negative energy

I'm not long away from asking GeorgeStorm to clean up.

__________

Albrecht was just too good for us & we killed the fun hobby for him. Hope he can have a rest & come back refreshed :)

Pressure is a bitch left unchecked

Link to post
Share on other sites

Albrecht is one of the few people I can call a close friend in overclocking. Absolute legend of a human being, rock solid character and always a team player. Couldn't be praised enough!

Beers on me when we see each other! 🍻

(found a picture from when we got 2nd on the Gigabyte tweaking event many many many kilograms years ago)

image.png.b668ca26acb030ddcad3fc8020c97ab1.png(

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...