1. 1. The Choices

• League, Career
    • League, Seasonal
    • Competitions
    • Hardware Masters
    • Global Masters
    • Achievements
    • All of the above
    • Other, (Might leave a comment if so inclined )

15 hours ago, cbjaust said:

Other because you forgot the "for the cups and medals" option :D

Thought about putting a few of the bigger achievements in the list but ended up combining them all into one.

Saw where a few noted that the achievement button didn't work, I've never had a problem on my personal page but the team achievement page wouldn't work, did today when I checked. 

I was testing stuff just to test then I found this team competition for asus rog and that got me started. I really only show up for the team comps usually but I do like to follow some of the other interesting comps, especially like cheapaz and legacy comps. Other than that benching is honestly kind of a escape from depression/anxiety in much the same things like video games or most other hobbies are for some. When I'm benching things are pretty straightforward with a  clear goal and enough challenge to be interesting. If I get frustrated hopefully I end the session before damage is done to HW :P 

I bench for a few different reasons. Its a fantastic and fun hobby/community/sport that I've grown into. I enjoy seeing the big scores and seeing how I can compare to others from around the world doing and enjoying the same thing as me. I've been able to meet some fantastic people along the way and want to continue to build and gain friendships with people from around the world.

Don't have enough HW to be competitive so the points and awards are pretty much irrelevant for me however it can be interesting to see how far things can be pushed albeit in a non-cold environment.

• Members

Starting over locking to get better performance in Crysis, found myself enjoying the tweaking more than playing the game.

Then found out about hwbot and benchtec, where it became a slippery slope as I enjoyed the competition of the rankings and climbing the leaderboards. Got a SS from a benchtec member and then eventually tried LN2.

Had a big break and am currently on another, but no doubt will become active again, mostly for the rankings/leaderboards :)

Prefer the career stuff as I tend to come and go and don't like the time limited nature of seasonal/competitions.

Edited by GeorgeStorm
  • Like 1